RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2010, 04:54 PM   #7681
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel_Good View Post
you tried downloading torrents off the net? you can read them in your own time on your computer.
I can't read stuff off my computer. I spend a fortune in printing off journal articles for uni work because I can't stand reading off the screen.

The One Who is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #7682
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar
 
Feel_Good_inc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere, but I'm not really sure
I am currently:

that's a shame. Torrents make everything easier. it's how I've managed to put most of the tracks on my mp3 and keep up with some of my fave shows.

Unless you want to spend a fortune on printer cartridges i guess it's not for you.



Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011



Feel_Good_inc. is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #7683
Serenade
Musing...
 
Serenade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cheshire, England
I am currently:

Sonic the comic was pretty rubbish, I just liked the free gifts and laughing at the badly drawn doctor robotnik



~ 'Paint the skyscrapers with huge totem faces and goblin tikis, and every evening what's left of mankind will retreat to empty zoos and lock itself in cages as protection against the bears and big cats and wolves that pace and watch us from outside the cage bars at night'- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
~ We'll float around, hang out on clouds, then we'll come down and have a hangover...
~ Feel free to PM ^.^

Serenade is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #7684
Fry
 
Fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I am currently:

Robotnik on the game used to scare me.




Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?

(Used to be ~sonic~)


Fry is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #7685
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar
 
Feel_Good_inc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere, but I'm not really sure
I am currently:

I hate they changed his name. Why Eggman? Robotnik was such a cool name.



Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011



Feel_Good_inc. is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #7686
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

The only time I'll read off the screen if it's absolutely necessary, like I can't get hold of a book in the library and need it for uni stuffs. Apart from that I need a paper version.

But the Sonic games were awesome! I might play it later on.

The One Who is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #7687
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar
 
Feel_Good_inc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere, but I'm not really sure
I am currently:

you seem to have no trouble with forums.

but are graphic novels really a problem? they're 90% pictures anyway.



Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011



Feel_Good_inc. is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #7688
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Yeah, but forums don't have masses and masses of text. I can cope with a few lines. I can't even read long Word documents.

I think I just prefer to read things on paper, even if it is mostly pictures. Maybe I'm just strange.

The One Who is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:09 PM   #7689
Serenade
Musing...
 
Serenade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cheshire, England
I am currently:

Eggman?? What a stupid name, i don't remember that, maybe I blocked it out

Sonic games were awesome, I even thought the 3d one was great.



~ 'Paint the skyscrapers with huge totem faces and goblin tikis, and every evening what's left of mankind will retreat to empty zoos and lock itself in cages as protection against the bears and big cats and wolves that pace and watch us from outside the cage bars at night'- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
~ We'll float around, hang out on clouds, then we'll come down and have a hangover...
~ Feel free to PM ^.^

Serenade is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #7690
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar
 
Feel_Good_inc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere, but I'm not really sure
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenade View Post
Eggman?? What a stupid name, i don't remember that, maybe I blocked it out
yep. the first I became aware of it was the terrible series Sonic X. they changed his name to Eggman there. but it's in the games too. he's called Eggman in Sonic Unleashed.

I don't know why they changed it to something so awful.



Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011



Feel_Good_inc. is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #7691
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

No, the 3D ones was rubbish, as was Sonic & Knuckles. The first two were the best. And there was another one that was good, but I can't think what is was.

Didn't Dr Robotnik live in 'Dead Egg Zone'? But, yeah, Eggman is a stupid name and it's a stupid name for a villain.

The One Who is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #7692
Serenade
Musing...
 
Serenade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cheshire, England
I am currently:

It's all about Spring Yard.



~ 'Paint the skyscrapers with huge totem faces and goblin tikis, and every evening what's left of mankind will retreat to empty zoos and lock itself in cages as protection against the bears and big cats and wolves that pace and watch us from outside the cage bars at night'- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
~ We'll float around, hang out on clouds, then we'll come down and have a hangover...
~ Feel free to PM ^.^

Serenade is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #7693
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar
 
Feel_Good_inc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere, but I'm not really sure
I am currently:

I looked him up on wikipedia. Apparently Eggman was used in Japanese version of Sonic as an insult-nickname because of the shape of the guy's body.
but after a while it sort of took over. officially he's still called robotnik but everyone just calls him eggman now.

just stupid in my opinion.

Quote:
Then in 1999's Sonic Adventure, the character was called both "Doctor Robotnik" and "Doctor Eggman" in the English version.[5] Yuji Naka has explained that "Robotnik" is the character's real name while "Eggman" is a "common name taken after his shape."[9]



Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011



Feel_Good_inc. is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #7694
Serenade
Musing...
 
Serenade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cheshire, England
I am currently:

That is stupid, I remember Sonic and Tails mocking him cause of his bald head, but at least Robotnik had some credibility, plus the whole Kintobor thing before he went crazy.



~ 'Paint the skyscrapers with huge totem faces and goblin tikis, and every evening what's left of mankind will retreat to empty zoos and lock itself in cages as protection against the bears and big cats and wolves that pace and watch us from outside the cage bars at night'- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
~ We'll float around, hang out on clouds, then we'll come down and have a hangover...
~ Feel free to PM ^.^

Serenade is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #7695
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar
 
Feel_Good_inc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere, but I'm not really sure
I am currently:

I remember kintobor.
flipping 'eck, I haven't thought about that for ages.



Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011



Feel_Good_inc. is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #7696
Fry
 
Fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I am currently:

eggman :( disappointing, i missed that happening. may have blocked it out through trauma, too.




Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?

(Used to be ~sonic~)


Fry is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #7697
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar
 
Feel_Good_inc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere, but I'm not really sure
I am currently:

it's better that you try to forget.
wish I could.



Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011



Feel_Good_inc. is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #7698
Serenade
Musing...
 
Serenade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cheshire, England
I am currently:

I want to play Sonic, pity my sega is non-existent. I'm gonna buy another when I have enough money, I loved the mega drive.

Streets of Rage is possibly the best thing in the universe.



~ 'Paint the skyscrapers with huge totem faces and goblin tikis, and every evening what's left of mankind will retreat to empty zoos and lock itself in cages as protection against the bears and big cats and wolves that pace and watch us from outside the cage bars at night'- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
~ We'll float around, hang out on clouds, then we'll come down and have a hangover...
~ Feel free to PM ^.^

Serenade is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #7699
Feel_Good_inc.
I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar
 
Feel_Good_inc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere, but I'm not really sure
I am currently:

you can pick up retro gaming packages almost anywhere now.

For the ps3
http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStatio...n/Product.html


for the Xbox:
http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-...n/Product.html

it contains all the best Sega games, including Sonic 1+2+3 and Streets of Rage 1+2+3 and many many more.



Don't be fooled by my smooth skin. The deepest scars are the ones unseen.
Remember compliments you received, forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how..~ Baz Lurhman.
Letting it get to you - You know what that's called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now that's all that counts. ~ Doctor Who "The Doctors Wife"
06.November.2011



Feel_Good_inc. is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #7700
Serenade
Musing...
 
Serenade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cheshire, England
I am currently:

Oh cool, i've been out of the gaming zone for a while because of a lack of money but I do have an xbox360 at my parents house whenever I can get down there to pick up so I will check them out soon enough



~ 'Paint the skyscrapers with huge totem faces and goblin tikis, and every evening what's left of mankind will retreat to empty zoos and lock itself in cages as protection against the bears and big cats and wolves that pace and watch us from outside the cage bars at night'- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
~ We'll float around, hang out on clouds, then we'll come down and have a hangover...
~ Feel free to PM ^.^

Serenade is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 15 (0 members and 15 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:53 PM.