RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2008, 08:43 PM   #41
Lou Lou
hell on high heels
 
Lou Lou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Herts
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglass View Post
yep, been to Wacken 07 and 08. Currently organizing going to Wacken 09 where Machine Head, Cathedral and Amon Amarth have already been announced.
I loooooooooove Amon Amarth. I'm so going. See you there



When the world says give up
Hope whispers try one more time



Lou Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #42
xbeckyx
 
xbeckyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Yorkshire

Glassjaw :) not really metal but still amazing.
In Flames too :D



See I cannot feel this, not matter how you try and in the real world, there's no goodbyes.

Stare at the hands, you know you want to ;).

"memento vivere"


xbeckyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #43
MechanicalPrincess
 
MechanicalPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: neverland
I am currently:

maybe not the same thing your looking for.. but

Primal Fear
Pantera
Motorhead

their all pretty awsome : )



There is blood there is pain, but my agony is not in vain, cos there is life after death, and im sure comin' back to attack... as an angel in black
---
As sure as night is dark and day is light
I keep you on my mind both day and night


MechanicalPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #44
Life is peachy
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On your left shoulder.

Korn! Great band, especially their earlier albums up till See You On The Other Side.
Their newest single really isn't that good though. :/ Quite disappointing.

Life is peachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:29 AM   #45
Pierrot
No big deal
 
Pierrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
I am currently:

Behemoth.

I didn't see them listed here yet (might have missed it though). EDIT: nevermind, someone beat me to it! ;)

Sepultura
Dream Theater


Last edited by Pierrot : 03-06-2010 at 06:34 AM.


Abyssus abyssum invocat



Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #46
Successful.Failure
I have no control.
 
Successful.Failure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Arizona
I am currently:

Bullet For My Valentine, Kittie, Straight Line Stitch, and SELFLESS. You'll have to Myspace the last one.




In this house, we stan the Diamondbacks.


Successful.Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #47
Kitkat :)
A thousand mile journey starts with the first step
 
Kitkat :)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I am currently:

Static X

Kitkat :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:34 AM   #48
JumpinJackFlash
He who fights with monsters.
 
JumpinJackFlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Not here
I am currently:

There is a severe lack of Acid Bath in this thread.






JumpinJackFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:58 AM   #49
silverfaerychild
retired ryl member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008

OTEP

Daylight Dies < real band

Fairytale abuse

Kreator

Lamb of god

Metallica < morely thought of as hard rock now these days but their older OLDER albums are better >

Iron Maiden



retired member as of 11/24/10

silverfaerychild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #50
Serenade
Musing...
 
Serenade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cheshire, England
I am currently:

You can't have a metal thread without Megadeth



~ 'Paint the skyscrapers with huge totem faces and goblin tikis, and every evening what's left of mankind will retreat to empty zoos and lock itself in cages as protection against the bears and big cats and wolves that pace and watch us from outside the cage bars at night'- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
~ We'll float around, hang out on clouds, then we'll come down and have a hangover...
~ Feel free to PM ^.^

Serenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 02:45 AM   #51
Samael_Black
 
Samael_Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sweden
I am currently:

Mayhem :most famous black metal
Shining (every depressed persons thoughts made into music, don't listen if you trigger easily to songtitles like "Submit to Self Destruction" or "Reflecting in Solitude")
Rob Zombie (didn't see anyone mentioning him?
Summoning (doom metal with feeling - tip for the nerds like me (They even have a song sung completely in Black Speech from Lord of the Rings "Mirdautas Vras")
Tiamat (Personal favourite, range from doom metal, to goth, even some death in there)
Pagan's Mind (Power metal - yet another band for the nerds out there, don't really feel like I have to explain what their theme is when I can just point out that every album cover they have has a Stargate on it (from the film and the spin-off series).
Kamelot (kind of dark-ish power metal)
Katatonia (went from death/doom metal in the first few albums but now play very calm music with a clean voice instead of screams (perhaps you've heard the song "My Twin"?))
Lifelover (Again, VERY triggering as you might notice from the sarcastic band name)
Graveworm (Can't really describe them but if I had to I'd say somewhere between goth, power and death metal)
Funeral (If you like slooow metal that can be emotional)
Avantasia (power-metal-opera, but don't let that scare you away, it's really cool!)
Dark Tranquility? (Invented the Gothenburg metal together with In Flames, but are more dark and raw)
Angeldark (they're often described as "power goth", but personally I can't place them in any sub-genre, but they ARE good!
Psyclon nine (not sure this counts in as metal (called "aggro-tech" by their fans) but it's heavy, dark and you find yourself feeling really cool while listening to them ;)
Lucyfire (Tiamat's singer's side project, for all the songs he finds "too happy" for Tiamat)
Luca turilli (Solo project of the lead guitar player in Rhapsody (of Fire)

Hope you have a few bands to try not, got a LOT more to name so just pm me if you want more ^^



At the losing side of a war against myself.

Samael_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #52
GambitC13
 
GambitC13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manchester, Great Britain.
I am currently:

Oooh I like this thread.
Cult of Luna
My Dying Bride
Wintersun
Eluveitie
Alcest
Altar of Plagues
Slayer!!



‎"I want to be magic. I want to touch the heart of the world and make it smile. I want to be a friend of elves and live in a tree. Or under a hill. I want to marry a moonbeam and hear the stars sing. I don’t want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

GambitC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #53
LotusandDice
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
 
LotusandDice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norway

Burzum
Gorgoroth
Slipknot
Clawfinger
Cannibal Corpse
Cannabis Corpse
Celtic Frost
Triptykon
Death From Above 1979
Darkthrone
Stalaggh/Gulaggh
Taake
Thorns
Abruptum

and many, many more.



Abandon hope, ye pitiful ones. Embrace defiance and relent another day.

LotusandDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #54
LotusandDice
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
 
LotusandDice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norway

Oh yeah, can't forget to mention Immortal! Haven't scrolled through the past pages, so if anything is mentioned before, well at least you won't forget the band eh.

Edit: GWAR is worth mentioning too.


Last edited by LotusandDice : 31-01-2013 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Gwar


Abandon hope, ye pitiful ones. Embrace defiance and relent another day.

LotusandDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #55
Samael_Black
 
Samael_Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sweden
I am currently:

LotusandDice: You have great taste in music! Love every band you mentioned :) (was beginning to think I was the only one, haha)



At the losing side of a war against myself.

Samael_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:34 AM   #56
LotusandDice
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
 
LotusandDice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norway

I've heard most of the bands you listed too; I like all those I've heard. I think I'm gonna check out the rest! :)

Haha yeah, there's some extreme music in there. I've got some more I feel I should mention.

Off the top of my head;
Behexen
Pentagram (with Bobby Liebling; apparently there's a Turkish band or something also called Pentagram. They're pretty good too, though)
Wardruna of course
... let me have a look at my LP's.
Isengard is pretty cool, if you can find any
Aptorian Demon is allright
FURZE of course! Amazing, crazy man. He did his first release on his own, on his second he's got Hellhammer from Mayhem on drums.
Nastrond
Thorr's Hammer - gloomy death/black with female vocalist. She also does the growls

Edit:
Draugsang, pure magic music
Korpiklaani and Finntroll, but they might have been already mentioned.
Negurâ Bunget, wow just remembered these guys. Been years!
Einstürzende Neubauten


Last edited by LotusandDice : 02-02-2013 at 01:04 AM.


Abandon hope, ye pitiful ones. Embrace defiance and relent another day.

LotusandDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #57
GambitC13
 
GambitC13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manchester, Great Britain.
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusandDice View Post
I've heard most of the bands you listed too; I like all those I've heard. I think I'm gonna check out the rest! :)

Haha yeah, there's some extreme music in there. I've got some more I feel I should mention.

Off the top of my head;
Behexen
Pentagram (with Bobby Liebling; apparently there's a Turkish band or something also called Pentagram. They're pretty good too, though)
Wardruna of course
... let me have a look at my LP's.
Isengard is pretty cool, if you can find any
Aptorian Demon is allright
FURZE of course! Amazing, crazy man. He did his first release on his own, on his second he's got Hellhammer from Mayhem on drums.
Nastrond
Thorr's Hammer - gloomy death/black with female vocalist. She also does the growls

Edit:
Draugsang, pure magic music
Korpiklaani and Finntroll, but they might have been already mentioned.
Negurâ Bunget, wow just remembered these guys. Been years!
Einstürzende Neubauten
Pentagram and Thorr's Hammer. Nice! I saw Korpiklanni last night actually, they were awesome. The mosh pit was utter chaos! *Happy little boozer*



‎"I want to be magic. I want to touch the heart of the world and make it smile. I want to be a friend of elves and live in a tree. Or under a hill. I want to marry a moonbeam and hear the stars sing. I don’t want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

GambitC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #58
LotusandDice
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
 
LotusandDice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norway

Awesome, another fan of both :) Those seem hard to come by, or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. Never been to a Korpiklaani concert, but I can imagine the chaos of the moshpit haha. Happy little, happy little, happy little booozer!



Abandon hope, ye pitiful ones. Embrace defiance and relent another day.

LotusandDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:55 PM.