RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #41
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?
 
sherlock holmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004

Ooh exciting.

Harley's dad's post about heroes made me want the chocolate =]


Last edited by sherlock holmes : 16-08-2008 at 09:37 PM.


Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.


sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #42
Queen Crabbit
Are you a florist?
 
Queen Crabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
I am currently:

If I hijacked this thread, would it then get post-reported?

;)




&& then buffy staked edward. the end.


Queen Crabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 09:37 PM   #43
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?
 
sherlock holmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004

Only one way to find out.



Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.


sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #44
Queen Crabbit
Are you a florist?
 
Queen Crabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
I am currently:

Really? What would that be Sarah? Do you know?

How are you anyway? Nice to see you around [so didn't ask you that on facebook...]




&& then buffy staked edward. the end.


Queen Crabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 11:16 PM   #45
what_the?
continual crisis
 
what_the?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craola View Post
RAWR.

Send them or the frog eats you.

:kermit:
*is quite scared*

Thanks for the reminder!

One problem though, Now I want my name to be a special colour, just without any responsibility!





"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Make us all feel wonderful. We'll never forget."




what_the? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 11:24 PM   #46
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

Are post reports anonymous and supposed to be kept secret?


Last edited by Puppet Strings : 17-08-2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Please keep any complaints private, or send them straight to a mod.
Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 02:42 AM   #47
MammaMia
 
MammaMia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007

Nice thread :)

I've sent a few out and I know the mods appericate all the help and questionnable posts.

So if someone does something on here you don't like and msn aswell, let them know, they might able to help you know :) You won't get told off hehe x



Have left RYL.

MammaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 10:21 AM   #48
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Remember le post report button. :)

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #49
akita
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone View Post
Ahh,the problem with a sticky is that they get ignored a lot of the time,people are more likely to see it this way :) xx
Fair enough.






akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #50
IamJamesGreens
This Member is currently Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

Am I the only one who thinks this topic is completely ironic?

IamJamesGreens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #51
Aphelion
Drug Guardian
 
Aphelion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
I am currently:

Aimeeeeee <3 You're a star. Like. Seriously.
I've grown quite used to the report button. I feel all special when I get to click it. Like, I'm entering a special place.
*nod*





Aphelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #52
Snow White.
I am a fairy.
 
Join Date: May 2004
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstella555
Am I the only one who thinks this topic is completely ironic?

Looks like it, yes? Dare I ask why?

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #53
IamJamesGreens
This Member is currently Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

When I report something - nothing gets done, but I get infraction points for purely voicing my opinion which I deliberately down-worded (I could of used much more accurate and upsetting language) NOT to offend.

Hilarious. Even yesterday my opinion was removed because it was deemed 'offensive'

IamJamesGreens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 09:51 PM   #54
Queen Crabbit
Are you a florist?
 
Queen Crabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Zebra View Post
Thank you Aimeeeee..... (Peeeeacheeee)

Dont forget that the 'alert mod' button is anonymous & only the mods will know if you have used it, so there will be no repurcussions on any member who uses it.
No comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjapenguin View Post
Are post reports anonymous and supposed to be kept secret?
Supposed to, yes.




&& then buffy staked edward. the end.


Queen Crabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 11:57 PM   #55
typsee
....
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstella5555

When I report something - nothing gets done,

If you are referring to a specific post report or PM that you sent to a mod Interstella, please contact me - (or the mod you PMed) - privately so we can let you know what is happening or has happened as a result of your post report / PM.

Because post reports and PMs to mods definitely DO NOT get ignored -(even with post reports that we dont think need acting on, we always send an explanation PM to the person who reported the post) - but if you are waiting on a response to one of your post reports, then sending us a reminder PM cant hurt.

(but most of the time the mods are probably still discussing the situation - these things do take some time to sort out!)

Also you may want to consider that not all post reports and PMs get dealt with in the way that a member was expecting and wanting.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjapenguin
Are post reports anonymous and supposed to be kept secret?


ABSOLUTELY!

The identity of the person who sends the post report or PM to the mods to complain about a thread that they think breaches the rules, should always be kept strictly CONFIDENTIAL!

If this system of post reporting is going to work at RYL, then maintaining confidentiality is VITAL, especially with a community of this size and with so many people knowing each other.

Matt - I am aware of the situation you are referring to in your post, and I will be PMing you shortly about it.


Last edited by typsee : 18-08-2008 at 12:17 AM.
typsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 12:23 AM   #56
Narcissism
Boom
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstella5555 View Post
When I report something - nothing gets done, but I get infraction points for purely voicing my opinion which I deliberately down-worded (I could of used much more accurate and upsetting language) NOT to offend.

Hilarious. Even yesterday my opinion was removed because it was deemed 'offensive'
Thats because most of the time, the way in which you go about voicing you're opinion is offensive



And climb high to the highest rung, to shake fists at the sky.


Narcissism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 02:15 AM   #57
typsee
....
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I am currently:

C'mon guys .....this thread was posted to help remind people of the post report function so that we can tailor this community to be the sort of place that the majority of you want it to be ... so can we please try to avoid having a go at any individual members or mods, and avoid dragging up old one-off situations from the past that have already been dealt with.

If anyone still has concerns about an issue or another member which you've been reminded of after reading this thread, you are more than welcome to PM me (or you could PM another mod if you'd feel more comfortable that way) and we'll definitely try to work with you and do our best to find a peaceful resolution to your concerns.

Thanks guys!

typsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 06:06 AM   #58
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.
 
Casper_Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over there and to the left
I am currently:

ace guys. i posted a report a little while ago, got a pm explaining that an eye was being kept on the situation and voila :)



"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."


- Dr. Seuss


Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 06:38 AM   #59
akita
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by <alive> View Post
ace guys. i posted a report a little while ago, got a pm explaining that an eye was being kept on the situation and voila :)
I posted a report and even though I was told an eye was being kept on that memeber nothing happened in the end and she wasnt banned.






akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #60
MrsNutkin
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere only we know...
I am currently:

I really hope my posting this isn't taken as going too far but:

I love RYL but I now feel too scared to post anything incase someone takes it the wrong way or reports it or it's slightly has any view whatsoever.

I can understand rules. A community of this size needs them, sure. It's just getting a bit over the top in my view.

*runs off to hide*

MrsNutkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:31 AM.