RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #41
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?
 
sherlock holmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004

There is literally snow everywhere in the UK except my part of south east essex.



Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.


sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #42
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?
 
Buttons.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmike View Post
**** me?! **** ME?! Ok, come here....
Thought writing in white was only done on rant threads ;-p



'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter


Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #43
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.
 
FabulousMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Here, there and everywhere.
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttons. View Post
Thought writing in white was only done on rant threads ;-p
Don't be silly, it's done in A*L the areas.





FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #44
Rose85
 
Rose85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Yorkshire, UK

We have snow in Sheffield, but not as much as everyone said we would have. I was hoping for a Snowpocalypse.

The best thing about this thread is the dog pictures!

Rose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #45
Sefka
 
Sefka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

Ooh, this snow and people's posts about it on fb have been filling me with rage/jealousy all day.

I'm in Kiev. It started snowing in November. It's snowing as I write this. It's not expected to stop until March. And how many days off have I been given? NONE! I've been looking at my UK friends' pictures and sulking all day.

I want a day off to go and build snowmen :(




Каждому, каждому в лучшее верится,
Катится, катится голубой вагон!




Sefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #46
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale
 
Leo Pard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nurmengard
I am currently:

We got an inch in Swiss Cottage today and uni paniked and closed early. It was annoying because it was meant to be the start of term thing on at the SU tonight.
Uni closed at 6 (instead of 10) and the SU closed at 5 (instead of 11).
Grrr.




The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.


I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.


Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 03:48 AM   #47
Childerbeast
Sharli
 
Childerbeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Calgary
I am currently:

So im kinda cheating since im in canada, but here's some pics of what happened overnight on thursday.

First this is my garden pre-snow (and pre the giant dead tree being cut down!)

The following content has been hidden - Reason : pic



And this is what it looked like thursday morning (it continued to snow all day! :()

The following content has been hidden - Reason : PIcs



Childerbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #48
SilentBoy
Use proper english, like what i does.....innit
 
SilentBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Shire of Hertford
I am currently:

The view from my window
uploadfromtaptalk1358578080553.jpg



~ SilentBoy

Some people just need a high-five. To the face. With a chair.

SilentBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #49
Pictsie
 
Pictsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North East England
I am currently:

It hardly snows here, but we have about an inch, so I guess that means everywhere out side of town has 2 or 3 at the most, everyone in the streets just cleared most of it up too so hardly any cover out side now

Wish I had time to go enjoy it, but have to pack as I'm going on holiday tomorrow, to find more snow on the Alps, just hoping Newcastle airport is working in the morning

Pictsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #50
insidemyhead
time traveller
 
insidemyhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: cloud cookoo land
I am currently:

I'm in Gloucestershire and we had quite a lot of snow for us, couple of inches, it didn't stop snowing until 7pm yesterday. I haven't really had time to enjoy it though, will today perhaps :)




“There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night.”


insidemyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #51
SilentBoy
Use proper english, like what i does.....innit
 
SilentBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Shire of Hertford
I am currently:

Found this, so true!
uploadfromtaptalk1358599785096.jpg



~ SilentBoy

Some people just need a high-five. To the face. With a chair.

SilentBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #52
[Luna]
 
[Luna]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK

^ Saw that on facebook, love it! So true



Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #53
little.ophelia
 
Join Date: Nov 2011

We have lots of snow in midwest US! And expecting more. I love snow :)

little.ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 04:24 AM   #54
Sentient Treacle
Foxy lady.
 
Sentient Treacle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skaro
I am currently:

It started to snow here on Friday, snowed heavily pretty much all day, but only snowed lightly yesterday. Here is a picture, apologies for it looking all deep and introspective, my camera did not want to take snow pictures in colour, even on the pissing snow setting.





Oh god I want to hear you say,
I want to hear you say that you were wrong again

This is the first thing
I have understood:
Time is the echo of an axe
Within a wood.


Sentient Treacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #55
Lilo
 
Lilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

This is the snow in East London this morning.

uploadfromtaptalk1358683924772.jpguploadfromtaptalk1358683948548.jpg

Lilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #56
talaiporia
Chat Mod
 
talaiporia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: W. London
I am currently:

There's snow in East London now!



It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.


talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #57
Nargles
Aimee :)
 
Nargles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wales
I am currently:

This is the snow on my street... we've been stuck inside since Friday!





♥


Nargles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #58
.x.Kaz.x.
 
.x.Kaz.x.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hampshire UK
I am currently:

Just started snowing again!! Arrrghhh!




'I do believe in fairies'


.x.Kaz.x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #59
LotusandDice
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
 
LotusandDice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Norway

It's snowing here today. Beautifull big snowflakes falling.



Abandon hope, ye pitiful ones. Embrace defiance and relent another day.

LotusandDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #60
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

The kind of snow I like right now - looks like snow falling, but lands on the ground wet and doesn't settle and cause problems!

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:36 PM.