RYL Forums


View Poll Results: At what age did you lose your virginity?
15 years old and under 83 26.52%
16-17 years old 73 23.32%
18-19 years old 26 8.31%
20-21 years old 10 3.19%
22+ years old 5 1.60%
I haven't lost my virginity 116 37.06%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #41
-Chelsey-
[[Rabbit]]
 
-Chelsey-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Suffolk
I am currently:

I was 14,
I was very drunk. I don't know if I even consented. I regret it majorly.
Don't rush in to it. Really, you want to wait till you feel comfortable, not "just because"




"...On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are how fragile we are..."


-Chelsey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #42
Pointless
Calamity from the Skies
 
Pointless's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

I was 20 so that's very late. Better late than never? :S




[REPONDEZ S'IL VOUS PLAID - Honk if you're Scottish!]


Pointless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #43
*Beth*
Beth
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: London
I am currently:

I was a virgin (discounting any nonconsensual occasions) when i went to Uni. I came very close to sleeping with a guy there because i felt i needed to do it and get it out of the way. I didn't in the end... thankfully i had the 'time of the month' excuse, but i'm glad i didn't.

Although when i did decide to lose it, it wasn't anything wonderful physically, i'm very glad it was with someone who appreciated that it was something important for me, rather than 'just' sex. It wasn't love, but it was someone i trusted and who cared and understood my worries and i have no regrets now.



It's gonna take a long time to love

It's gonna take a lot to hold on

It's gonna be a long way to happy.



*Beth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 12:53 AM   #44
gypsyroselee
a lack of colour.
 
gypsyroselee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I am currently:

16.
was a silly silly thing to do.could've gone horribley horribley differently.i was extremely lucky.
i would say it taught me a lesson but everytime since has been pretty much the same.

the last time definately taught me a lesson though.



I roll over and hold on tightly, and whisper "If they want you, they're gonna have to fight me,"


gypsyroselee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 01:09 AM   #45
whispers
 
whispers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
I am currently:

I was 15. Just.
It was stupid, I was drunk and I didn't really know the guy. It was just nasty. It was ages ago really, so it doesn't bother me, but I would rather have waited.

I can understand where you're coming from, but maybe try not to see it as something to get out of the way. It's not something that really matters that much; no-one who's worth caring about is going to be bothered by it, and if it's fine with you, then that's great. There's nothing wrong with being a virgin at your age, or any age actually. I know plently of people who are aiming to wait until they're married (mainly within the Christian community, but still), and I really look up to them for that.

Just, don't feel like it's something you 'have' to do. It's not that great anyway, and I would imagine it's better with someone you care about.

whispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 01:10 AM   #46
ceapach
has a nifty custom user title
 
ceapach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North America
I am currently:

If I remember correctly, I was 12. And I haven't seen the girl since the camp it happened at was over. I don't regret it, but I never expected it to happen.

On the topic of virginity...i really don't care. I also don't think "waiting for the right moment" is a good way to lose it because you may never have that moment and if you do and you have straight sex, i hear it will hurt regardless.
Most of my friends irl don't know I'm not a virgin because I don't like discussing it because so much is placed upon whether some one is or not.

ceapach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 01:12 AM   #47
starting_over
double blessed, double time
 
starting_over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
I am currently:

I lost mine at 3 if you count abuse but if you dont then i was married, but even then i didnt want to i just felt like i had to still do dont know if i will ever willingly want to though.

starting_over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 02:16 AM   #48
Mandimoo
Mummy!!
 
Mandimoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Newport, South Wales
I am currently:

16 and to an ex who i was infatuated with.
big mistake
he then started calling on me every week (bear in mind it had been 2 years since i saw him til THAT day was halloween too) when i finally gave into him i got pregnant and had a v early miscarriage.

not good. wait until it's love nad not lust. mand x



Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 02:51 AM   #49
chocostashchick
Callie
 
chocostashchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Denial Tent, Virtual Psych Ward Campsite, MA, USA
I am currently:

i was 14 and i dont have any real regrets or anything, it isnt a bad memory or a really good memory. i kind of wish i had waited and that it was special and with a person that i really knew and really cared about. i think that losing it can be really memorable and special, if you wait and know what you are doing and are mature enough to understand it and know what you are waiting for. i dont think i was.



xxxooo


chocostashchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 04:02 AM   #50
butterfly525
-invictus-
 
butterfly525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Maryland, USA
I am currently:

I'm 19, in college, and still a proud virgin! So if you decide you want to wait, just know that there are others out there like you.



Laura


"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love." ~Mother Theresa


butterfly525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 05:01 AM   #51
romancandle
And all you want is sleep/But all you get it pills
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

I'm 20, lost my virginity at 19 [not too long ago, my birthday was in June].

I can honestly say I don't regret it at all. It was the right time for me, and with definitely the right person. He's now my boyfriend-fiance, I kind of feel weird calling him my fiance, hah.

But yeah, for years I never had sex or did anything sexual with someone [other than kiss :3]. I'm glad I waited.

romancandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 07:13 AM   #52
monket
Carpe Noctem
 
monket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Spokane, WA
I am currently:

I lost it when I was 18, like halfway through my first year of college. It was nothing special. I'm 20 now and like half my friends are still virgins, so no worries if you haven't done it yet. Plenty of people wait!





monket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #53
Pucianno Lavarotti
 
Pucianno Lavarotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sussex

I was 18. It was fairly tedious.

Pucianno Lavarotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 09:52 PM   #54
findingnemo
 
findingnemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tennessee USA
I am currently:

im 22, hasent happened yet. i havent even had a bofriend or anything yet actully. dont really know how i feel about it. im not really asamed of it, but im not really proud of it eather.

findingnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 12:16 AM   #55
Merc
 
Join Date: May 2004

i was 13. No regrets, it was wonderful actually LOL!

Strawberry-gashes said:
Both. I was disappointed. Theres so much hype about sex.. i just think its overrated (personally!)

^^^ i actually find that really sad to read....witht the right person it is absolutely incredible ;o)
romp

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #56
romancandle
And all you want is sleep/But all you get it pills
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by romperfry View Post
i was 13. No regrets, it was wonderful actually LOL!

Strawberry-gashes said:
Both. I was disappointed. Theres so much hype about sex.. i just think its overrated (personally!)

^^^ i actually find that really sad to read....witht the right person it is absolutely incredible ;o)
romp
I agree. Love and connection are so important to me for it to be great. I mean, he was the first guy I ever felt so connected with. And I had a two year relationship prior with no sex. Kinda proves how connected I have to be :P

romancandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 05:13 PM   #57
Popple
 
Popple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007

I Am A Virgin But I Read This And I Just Wanted To Say I Know It Does Seem Pretty Akaward To Say The Older You Are But Really Anyone Who Cares About You Wouldn't Even Bother About It

xx


*proud virgin smile lmao* =D



You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.


Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #58
__T
 
__T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Englandshire
I am currently:

Lost it at 15, when i was drunk.
Yes, i enjoy good sex but i bloody wish i'd waited.

Wait until your ready kids (Y)

__T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #59
chingas
Why does everything have to change?
 
chingas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Finland
I am currently:

I'm 18 and a virgin.

and I believe I will be it for years more.. The abuse when I was a kid must have left it's marks in me and I can't really yet even consider losing my virginity.

chingas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 10:54 PM   #60
Morbidia
~The Vampire~
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mid-Wales
I am currently:

i'm still a virgin, and im 19, i just dont think its something people should rush into or do as a spare of the moment thing. And if you're with the right person, it will be better than if you do it with some other random person just to "get it over with"

Morbidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:20 AM.