RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #41
sdixon
*Alone in the darkness*
 
sdixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: US
I am currently:

Chat is really not cliquey, it is only like that to you because that is what you want to believe how it is. If you think something is full of cliques, yea you are going to see that it is, but if you go in with an open mind and not look for cliques, there are actually a lot fewer that you think there are.




A winter wonderland at Hogwarts



sdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #42
lamestate
 
lamestate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I am currently:

It's always been this way (and I've been around on and off for the best part of ten years).

Just keep contributing, if you're not a ******** you become one of the gang eventually, once people get to know you.



But I can tell you've been through hell...


lamestate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 11:33 PM   #43
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.
 
griddlebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London.
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowsAndButterflies View Post
Sorry,but how often do you go into chat?Cause Im there every day and I think Ive seen you once.



I have been in there quite a few times to know it is extremely cliquey...
Especially under other usernames
Unless your known no one talks to you.
Liv sorry to say this but your a mod kinda thing so people are bound to talk to you.
People have said chat is cliquey for quite sometime and I wholeheartedly agree with them
I think you'll find people spoke to me waaay before I became a chat mod. I've been going into chat for a long time and Ive always found someone to talk to. I dont like it being said that people only talk to me because Im a mod....I think youll find I get a lot less friendly people coming my way because Im a mod.

People do talk, but as its been said a million times....its you that has to make the effort, you have to join in with other peoples conversations and not just sit there waiting for people to talk to you.




There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.


griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 12:11 AM   #44
englishrose
 
englishrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lost
I am currently:

Guys can we stop this digging at each other I posted because I wanted to say how I felt and see if by posting that people might post in posts with no reply that it! Thank you all for your response but can we keep this friendly.



Don't walk behine me I might got you lost!
Don't walk in front of me I may not follow you!
Don't walk beside me the path is to small!

All we can do is walk our own paths,remember your not alone because we are all walking our own paths together!

englishrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 12:21 AM   #45
Cazki
14/6/2007 -
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

I completely agree when i joined it seemed more of a community but now it doesnt at all, seems to have really gone down hill. Just my opinion.



14/06/2007 -

Cazki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 12:24 AM   #46
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor
 
GlitterTrashDoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sheffield
I am currently:

I don't find chat THAT cliquey. I don't go in much, but when I do go in, I like it and get chatting straight away - even to people i've never spoken to before.

Like Liv said, you have to make the effort to speak to people otherwise nothings going to happen and every time you go into chat, then your just going to experience the same thing.



DILLIGAF



"it’s when you’re acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
♥


GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 12:29 AM   #47
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...
 
Bleeding Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hello Kitty Land
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose View Post
Guys can we stop this digging at each other I posted because I wanted to say how I felt and see if by posting that people might post in posts with no reply that it! .
it took me about 5 mins to understand what you where saying, fail lol





"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"


Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #48
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor
 
GlitterTrashDoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sheffield
I am currently:

I just ventured into chat again.
It didn't seem that cliquey to me.
People were quite lovely.
(:



DILLIGAF



"it’s when you’re acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
♥


GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 01:00 AM   #49
GoldDustReturnz
This Member is currently Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Angel View Post
it took me about 5 mins to understand what you where saying, fail lol

It's ok, it took me a while as well.

GoldDustReturnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 01:02 AM   #50
Dying_Angel
 
Dying_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK
I am currently:

I think this place has changed too and there are many cliques around. Hence why i dont come on here too much!!



I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. ~ Girl Interrupted

When you dont want to feel, death seems like a dream. ~ Girl Interrupted

Dying_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 02:26 AM   #51
englishrose
 
englishrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lost
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Angel View Post
it took me about 5 mins to understand what you where saying, fail lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaintedSmiles. View Post
It's ok, it took me a while as well.
Sorry was tired writing and i cant spell its great combo lol



Don't walk behine me I might got you lost!
Don't walk in front of me I may not follow you!
Don't walk beside me the path is to small!

All we can do is walk our own paths,remember your not alone because we are all walking our own paths together!

englishrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #52
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.
 
griddlebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London.
I am currently:

Yay! ^_^ xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterTrashDoll View Post
I just ventured into chat again.
It didn't seem that cliquey to me.
People were quite lovely.
(:




There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.


griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #53
boyblunder
 

the word clique has been used so many times its starting to get annoying.

can we call it the super best friends group instead? then no one would mind if there are any of these so called super best friend groups on ryl, and everyone would want to join in =-)

  Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #54
Liar.
//bee
 
Liar.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Zealand
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowsAndButterflies View Post
I have been in there quite a few times to know it is extremely cliquey...
Especially under other usernames
Unless your known no one talks to you.
Liv sorry to say this but your a mod kinda thing so people are bound to talk to you.
People have said chat is cliquey for quite sometime and I wholeheartedly agree with them
Im in there everyday and as has been said, i think i've seen you once or twice.
If people dont talk to you, that ain't our fault.
I start conversations with people and they talk to me. it's not rocket science.
You wouldn't know if chat was cliquey or if it had freaking dissapeared, youre never there!




Close your eyes so you don't feel them,
they don't need to see you cry....


Liar. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #55
RainbowsAndButterflies
No longer using this as main account. Only meets.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009

Quote:
Im in there everyday and as has been said, i think i've seen you once or twice.
If people dont talk to you, that ain't our fault.
I start conversations with people and they talk to me. it's not rocket science.
You wouldn't know if chat was cliquey or if it had freaking dissapeared, youre never there!
Like I said I have been in there under old usernames... and not really cannot be bothered with it due to knowing what it's like under my old names...



I am now not going to use this account as my main one from now on.
If you want my new account PM me. xxx

RainbowsAndButterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #56
Liar.
//bee
 
Liar.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Zealand
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowsAndButterflies View Post
Like I said I have been in there under old usernames... and not really cannot be bothered with it due to knowing what it's like under my old names...
good for you then.
stay out and stop complaining about it.
end of.




Close your eyes so you don't feel them,
they don't need to see you cry....


Liar. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #57
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

Has anyone ever noticed that this site is full of mentalists? *shudders*

I mean eeeew!



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #58
ThinkingofRecovery
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Manchester
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjapenguin View Post
Has anyone ever noticed that this site is full of mentalists? *shudders*

I mean eeeew!
Hee hee :)

Sorry but I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread but can guess the majority of it given that it comes up so often I'm bored of it.

Make some friends, make your own clique and then watch others start a similar thread to which you reply make your own friends etc.



"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

ThinkingofRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #59
GoldDustReturnz
This Member is currently Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liar. View Post
good for you then.
stay out and stop complaining about it.
end of.




Also laura, on lolly.x I never saw you on on that username either. So go figure.
And when I did it was literally jump in, wait to see if your spoke to, hump out.

GoldDustReturnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #60
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Well, since these threads seem to pop up every few months maybe that's a sign of something wrong? So instead of ridiculing anyone who dares to speak up against RYL, we should listen to them and see if something can be done, no?

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:33 PM.