RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #21
Rawrk
 

Am linking to a couple of guy friends for you :]

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #22
Isoverity
 
Isoverity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I am currently:

Last time I saw Alyx I got her killed by zombies because I wasn't paying attention. Now I'm triggered for guilt and mental anguish. Someone should come out with a line of Alyx jeans



"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #23
Rawrk
 

xD.
I waited to see how long it would take Alyx to die.
It was fun.

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #24
OutOfTheWoods11
I'll let you **** my soul, for a hit of that glow
 
OutOfTheWoods11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
I am currently:

I'm the one who has written a small essay

I know its anonomous, but I feel like identifying myself just so you know who to ask if you didn't understand anything I wrote in my mini essay

OutOfTheWoods11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:43 PM   #25
OutOfTheWoods11
I'll let you **** my soul, for a hit of that glow
 
OutOfTheWoods11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrk View Post
xD.
I waited to see how long it would take Alyx to die.
It was fun.

Wait, what?

Alyx can die???


I provided a small little comparison of quite a few games for the last question... Will post it here to add to any discussion:

The following content has been hidden - Reason : My answer to the last question
Quote:
No. Hyper sexualised characters are generally restricted to the fantasy/sci-fi genre. Most female characters in decent games are presented in a non-hyper-sexual manner, although there is a degree of flirtation:
Alyx Vance from Half- Life 2: 'gritty' realistic female character. Nice curvy butt, but not 'hyper sexual'
Eva (might be the wrong name?) Female character in Metal Gear Solid 3. Low cut top. A few hints and winks, but nothing majorly sexual. Again, falls into the 'gritty realism' category.
Zoey (left4dead)... gritty realism again.
Chelle (portal)... wears a jumpsuit and is barely ever seen...
In contrast, I cite the case of pretty much every fantasy/fantasy-sci-fi game on the market to show hyper-sexuality. While the above are games set in 20-21st Centuaryish time frame, games like Unreal Tornament 2004 and ... prett y much MMORPG/RPG game use highly sexualised female characters. In this cas,e you should consider the target audience: Generally males who have a lot of time that they are prepared to dedicate to such games... and thus want to see some 'eye-candy'
Hope that makes sense and wasn't too long!
Mike

OutOfTheWoods11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #26
Childerbeast
Sharli
 
Childerbeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Calgary
I am currently:

Doneded

Childerbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:21 AM   #27
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...
 
Bleeding Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hello Kitty Land
I am currently:

when doing my game research, there is just one out, cant recall the name, but you kill zombies while wearing a bikini. :/





"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"


Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #28
OutOfTheWoods11
I'll let you **** my soul, for a hit of that glow
 
OutOfTheWoods11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
I am currently:

Resident Evil?
It isn't left4dead...

*thinks*

Isn't there a hosue of the dead game comming out soon a modern one)?

OutOfTheWoods11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #29
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...
 
Bleeding Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hello Kitty Land
I am currently:

Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie its called, the have a vollyball game too.

Yeah, though im not sure if i will buy it or not, couldnt even complete the other ones. i suck at killing them.





"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"


Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:49 AM   #30
Isoverity
 
Isoverity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miiikeee View Post
Wait, what?

Alyx can die???
Yes - in the segment where Alyx and Gordon are underground fighting zombies there is a place Alyx can get whacked if your not paying attention. I think there are a couple other places that can happen as well.


[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqvdwuxOD5U&feature=related"]YouTube - Alyx can die?[/ame]


Last edited by Isoverity : 08-03-2009 at 01:06 AM.


"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:04 AM   #31
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor
 
GlitterTrashDoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sheffield
I am currently:

Done. :)



DILLIGAF



"it’s when you’re acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
♥


GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #32
OutOfTheWoods11
I'll let you **** my soul, for a hit of that glow
 
OutOfTheWoods11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoverity View Post
Yes - in the segment where Alyx and Gordon are underground fighting zombies there is a place Alyx can get whacked if your not paying attention. I think there are a couple other places that can happen as well.
Ahhh okay

I automatically assumed she was always invincible

OutOfTheWoods11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #33
Rawrk
 

That's one reason why I hated her until I made her die ^_^

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #34
Asi
 
Asi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Manchester
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miiikeee View Post
In contrast, I cite the case of pretty much every fantasy/fantasy-sci-fi game on the market to show hyper-sexuality. While the above are games set in 20-21st Centuaryish time frame, games like Unreal Tornament 2004 and ... prett y much MMORPG/RPG game use highly sexualised female characters. In this cas,e you should consider the target audience: Generally males who have a lot of time that they are prepared to dedicate to such games... and thus want to see some 'eye-candy'
I think that's a pretty bad generalisation, really. You're saying that most sci-fi/fantasy fans want to perv over their characters.
Anyway, there are plenty of games out there with sexualised female characters that aren't sci-fi or fantasy. For example, Tomb Raider, Grand Theft Auto, Prince of Persia (the more recent ones, anyway) and most fighting games. And then there are some games that completely rely on sexualisation to sell anything, like those volleyball games.

I filled in the questionnaire. I said that I don't mind skimpy outfits being in the games so long as they're optional, so I can just not use them.

Asi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #35
SucseroMySweet
we are one
 
SucseroMySweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Epsom, Surrey
I am currently:

Will link some friends to this. Hope it helps you.



MuC N?# [f;m/f/n] S.H+/S.Hf/S.H&S.He/S.H&S.Rlg/S.H&S.Brw/S.H&S.Mcd/S.H~S.Mcw A(b- r---!/) Os/r Cc- I- OF(r o+) P~ F(cr^/xt+^/pw+^/eb+^/a+^/#+^) T++# X+(s/b/a/p) Jx Dj/o R C++ So
"Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here, to the castle beyond the goblin city, for my will is as strong as yours and my kindom is great."
"YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME!"


SucseroMySweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #36
Rawrk
 

I got my boyfriend to do it for you.
I apologise if any of his answers are really hostile.
I'll kill him later.

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #37
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...
 
Bleeding Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hello Kitty Land
I am currently:

thanks its starting to shape up very nicely. il let you know what my conclusions are from the research.





"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"


Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #38
DVM
These 4 Walls Can't Contain Me For Long.
 
DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Birmingham, England, UK
I am currently:

Done the computer games thing...






DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #39
Ignis Divine
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
I am currently:

Done, quite amusing little survey

Ignis Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:55 PM.