RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2008, 04:30 AM   #21
Aidee
 
Aidee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: USA
I am currently:

Jebus people, I was going to stretch this out for maximum entertainment value.



Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.




Aidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:35 AM   #22
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.
 
Casper_Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over there and to the left
I am currently:

too bad! :P



"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."


- Dr. Seuss


Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:44 AM   #23
effervescence
tired
 
effervescence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I am currently:

i suggest you get a dog and then see what happens.



Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.


effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:46 AM   #24
Aidee
 
Aidee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: USA
I am currently:

We don't live there anymore, lol.



Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.




Aidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:50 AM   #25
effervescence
tired
 
effervescence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I am currently:

shame



Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.


effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:11 AM   #26
Aidee
 
Aidee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: USA
I am currently:

Ok you demanding lot

Part 4

During the events of the previous installment we spoke with our upstairs neighbour Mary who had lived in the building for over 10 years and had known the SOL for a long time. She told us a little about her, including her name, which we hadn't known until then (Miss Pearl). She apparently was from the South US and had moved there many years ago with her husband, who had died in the 80s (my guess is suicide after living with her for so long). She was an old fashioned southern belle who had very traditional ideas. Mary thought that she might be offended by the fact we were two unmarried women living outside of our parents home, and that Serena had a pixie style hair cut and my tongue was pierced.

She also told us that Miss Pearl had issues with all of the previous tenants, and that the only tenant who she had ever liked was the last one and that was only after his wife and kids moved out. He began helping her out by taking her trash out. She was unable to lift it into the dumpster, so she would leave it in front of our door. Since we never used the door we ignored it and let the other downstairs neighbour take care of it.

According to Mary the SOL had lived there for something like the last 30 years, and apparently she was evicted TWICE by a previous landlord and both times she just refused to leave and the landlord couldn't bring himself to call the police on her.

After this discussion Serena made an effort to be nice to her, and began taking out her trash for her, and even helped her carry in her groceries a few times.

In September of 2006 I was spending the night at boythings when at about 2 am my mobile beeps and tells me I have a voicemail message. Boythings place had horrid reception, so I check my voicemail, and it's from Serena.

She starts of the message with this "Umm...so....yeah, I don't want you to worry, but the scary old lady called the police. We're going to bed, but yeah, I'll explain tomorrow"

As you can imagine I didn't wait until the next day to call her. She was tired and grouchy, and said that no one got in trouble, and that she didn't want to talk about it.

So the next day I go home and get the full story.

Apparently Serena and her boyfriend had been watching a movie together when the SOL came upstairs and started yelling at Serena. She was in a bad mood, and no prepared to deal with her, so instead of being nice and placating the SOL, she started yelling back, and while not rude she was very firm and told her that we were sick of her coming up to bother us, that we wern't making any noise, we didn't have a dog, or children and that she needed to go away, and then Serena promptly slammed the door in her face.

20 minutes later the police showed up.

They were not interested in Serena's story at all, and told her if they were called again we would recieve a citation for making too much noise. We called the landlord in the morning and spoke with him and he told us that if we had any problems with her again to call the police, and to stop answering the door.

Instead I called Adult Protective Services.

APS is the program where I live that deals with vulnerable adults who are being abused, neglected etc and may not be able to care for themselves.

I spoke with a caseworker and explained I was a paramedic and I had a delusional neighbour who lived alone and was hearing things at night and I was very concerned that she may be developing dementia and couldn't care for herself any more and as far as I had seen no one was assisting her.

He thanked me for calling, said I was a wonderful neighbour for caring about her so much and wanting to make sure she was ok. He assured me that they would investigate promptly and make sure she was ok.

I may have had a bit of a hard time keeping myself from dying laughing on the phone when he said that.

After telling Serena and David and everyone else about that we agreed that I won the Evil Genius award of the century for that move.


Last edited by Aidee : 11-08-2008 at 05:36 AM.


Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.




Aidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:16 AM   #27
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.
 
Casper_Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over there and to the left
I am currently:

LMAO! That's freaking awesome!!!!!! lmao, come on! I don't want to wait now! If i have to wait to find out what happens next I may just kill you >.<



"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."


- Dr. Seuss


Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:34 AM   #28
Aidee
 
Aidee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: USA
I am currently:

Nope :D

You're going to have to wait until tomorrow just like everyone else :P



Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.




Aidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:36 AM   #29
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)
 
risenfromperdition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: hogwarts ^.^

"who had died in the 80s (my guess is suicide after living with her for so long)"

*snort*



“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:38 AM   #30
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.
 
Casper_Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over there and to the left
I am currently:

*gasp* aiiiiiiidey........ *whines* can you pm it to me? I wont tell anyone... really!!! *makes puppy dog eyes*



"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."


- Dr. Seuss


Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:42 AM   #31
Aidee
 
Aidee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: USA
I am currently:

No Jess, and it gets even better from here too.

*evil laugh*



Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.




Aidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:48 AM   #32
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)
 
risenfromperdition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: hogwarts ^.^

^mean!
i wants moreeee =(



“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:49 AM   #33
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.
 
Casper_Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over there and to the left
I am currently:

*has a tear* you're so mean *cries piteously*



"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."


- Dr. Seuss


Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:52 AM   #34
Aidee
 
Aidee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: USA
I am currently:

BAHAHAHAHAHA

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I've been spending too much time talking to Erin, she is turning me evil.



Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.




Aidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:12 AM   #35
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.
 
Casper_Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over there and to the left
I am currently:

she would have told me. she loves me *sulks*



"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."


- Dr. Seuss


Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:14 AM   #36
effervescence
tired
 
effervescence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I am currently:

hahahahahaaaaaa that's awesome.
*sits and waits for more*



Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.


effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:55 PM   #37
Tears of Solitude
Jade xxx
 
Tears of Solitude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

This is great, Im on the edge of my seat, More more.




I fight everyday not to.
Even Now.

Sunshine=Soulmate
Airwolf=Brother
Angel=Best friend
Always
xxx


Tears of Solitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #38
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*
 
Bitter_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Narnia
I am currently:

Perhaps while playing with her blow up dog toy she has been barking too. I hear that role play stuff is all the rage these days

Oh and i love that it was "erin red lipstick"




Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Bitter_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #39
daizy
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oxford

i love this story, certainly makes work more interesting



My RYL family:
little_unicorn - sister


daizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #40
Artychik
Tired and Confused
 
Artychik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

HEY! That's not a crazy old lady - that's my gran!!






Nah not really

keep it coming!



xxx
--------------------



Artychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:15 AM.