RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #21
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Thanks mgs.
I could use some space.
If only there wasn't so much work to do...

I'm just so tired all the time..I feel just as tired when I wake up as when I went to bed, sometimes more. And early morning awakening....

I've never been signed off sick even through the worst of my illness. My GP did offer a number of times though, to do her credit.
To begin with my old manager made me take annual leave when I was actually sick. The disabilities rep has stopped that..... And now I have a different manager who will actually put me down as sick when I am off without prior notice. I have got into a routine where I take some hours off occasionally as, like, 'damage limitation'...
So it would seem strange, now I am recovering, to take sick leave that is noticeable as such.
I guess there's some pride in there. Big time, actually.

My old secondary school teacher who told us we could never be off for a cold, you never take time off for a cold... has a lot to answer for. Don't know what she would have said about depression.

I am just so so tired.
Holding on makes me tired, holding the conflict inside, tightly, takes energy... and if I could just let go... maybe I wouldn't 'fall apart'... just maybe...

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #22
missgingersnaps
I talk to God but the sky is empty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kent, UK

If taking a few hours off here and there helps then great but it doesn't sound like that works anymore. If you're worried about being signed off as "sick" because of how it looks then I think you need to weigh up what will be better for you in the long run; being signed off for a few weeks now or carrying on as you are...
I can understand the pride problem; I felt so humiliated when I had to take my sick certificate in and have all my managers know I was depressed. It was like some proof of weakness or how I'd just given up because it was too hard to carry on. I worried they didn't believe me and thought that I'd gone to my GP with some sob story just to get some time off.
Only you know if you'd benefit from time off and if you think you would then sod them all and take as much time as you need. Even if the only thing that comes out of it is that you can get some rest and establish a better sleeping pattern then it would be worth it.

missgingersnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 06:51 PM   #23
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Thanks mgs...

I went to work today. To be told that most of the invoices I'd processed recently had to be redone because of the program failure last week. *sigh* So I felt it wouldn't be quite right to speak to my manager and say I needed a few days off. So I struggled through the afternoon [I only work 3 hours on Fridays] feeling dizzy and tired and aching all over. It did improve slightly, but I still didn't feel at my best.

I'm pre-menstrual, so that's stirring things up also.

I'm going to try taking a sleeping tablet tonight as well as my A-D [my GP has approved this] and get to bed in plenty of time, see if I can get a full night's sleep for at least one night.

I'll see how things go over the weekend, and defintely talk to my manager on Tuesday, when also most of the fallout of backlog of work should have cleared.. and PMT will be past, hopefully...

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 03:15 AM   #24
pea soup
 
pea soup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: at the end of the rainbow
I am currently:

i dont really have much to offer but i think seeing your doc is a good idea maybe to get some more ideas.
i was put on disability 3 years ago....but before that i struggled so much. im sorry i cant be of much help.
much love.
xx





pea soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 07:34 AM   #25
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Thanks. :)

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 08:51 AM   #26
Arohnr
Asshole in flames.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
I am currently:

I got forced to take a leave when I bled all over the floor at work..I'm a health hazard apparently. I feel bad for leaving work for mental reasons..

Arohnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #27
slipping up again
 
slipping up again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ireland
I am currently:

to be honest, it sounds like you could do with some time off work. I know what its like trying to keep going when really you cant and the guilt about taking time off. I kept working for ages last year when really I shouldnt have, until eventually, I just knew I couldnt keep going and I ended up taking 2 months off.

your health is important as is your mental health. if you dont take time off now you may end up needing to take off longer in the future. talk to your GP and see what they say. A week may not be enough, maybe you need 2 or 3 weeks.

once you decide to take time off and you're away from work its easier to switch off, forget about the guilt and concentrate on yourself. if you're afraid of being on your own so much maybe you could plan your days in advance - go for a walk, meet up with people, sports, housework, try to get up at the same time and go to bed at the same time, just to keep some structure to your day and to ensure you dont spend all day in bed.

take care Xx


Last edited by slipping up again : 26-06-2007 at 11:59 AM.



Today I'll try to become more aware of alternatives that I haven't yet realised.
Although I have no control over other people's reactions or thoughts, I can change the way I react.


slipping up again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 08:38 AM   #28
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Thanks.

I'll.... try and speak with my manager today. But the way work is piled/piling up..

I do see my GP on Friday. *sigh* Its just all so much effort right now.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 04:08 PM   #29
Artychik
Tired and Confused
 
Artychik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

hope the chat with the manager goes well

Don't feel guilty about this - if you need time off, you need it... all for the good in the long run

Sarah x

Artychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #30
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Thanks.

My manager wasn't in today.

I was slightly better today. Starting later did help.

I just feel constantly tired, exhausted, drained.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 07:30 PM   #31
chocostashchick
Callie
 
chocostashchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Denial Tent, Virtual Psych Ward Campsite, MA, USA
I am currently:

usually i trust my instincts and if i feel like i need a break, i need it
trust yourself here, nobody knows better than you
is there some vacation time you could take, just for a long weekend or a week?
i think that pushing back some of your hours is a good idea, which it looks like you have done, but if that is not enough maybe you can take some vacation time or something and see how that works
xxxooo



xxxooo


chocostashchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #32
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

O, I have loads of annual leave left! Virtually the whole year's allowance!

I've managed to clear my desk a bit, so maybe there will be some space that I can take with less guilty feelings soon..

The thing is... I am not entirely sure what I can trust in me, where the need and wants come from. Its hard!

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 04:22 AM   #33
chocostashchick
Callie
 
chocostashchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Denial Tent, Virtual Psych Ward Campsite, MA, USA
I am currently:

that's good then! i hope it all works out honey keep us updated!
love your ryl sister :) (yay)



xxxooo


chocostashchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 07:01 AM   #34
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Thanks. :)

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:10 PM.