RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2008, 02:00 AM   #21
squirrelspit
 
squirrelspit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Crabbit View Post
To Charlie,

Dream gig: Chesney Hawkes + Britney Spears with you and Gem

DO YOU WANNA PIECE OF ME BIATCH???
that would be amazing.

and Chels.. yes, yes i do

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:31 AM   #22
Alchemyst
 
Alchemyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK
I am currently:

some of these gigs sound awesome (and others... not so much lol)

I really need to go to gigs again as I feel too mummy-ish as I havent been to one since my daughter was born (2 yrs!!!).

*goes off to trawl ticket sites*

Alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:16 PM   #23
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

Alchy i SOOOO know what you mean....

I totally fell out of the live music loop and it was just great to go see some in Sydney with Erin.

Prior to those i did go see "The Black Keys" in 06 and they were awesome, but then they are awesome anyways so.....ahem.

I did go to see Motorhead on their 25th year tour. This has to be one of the most dissapointing ive ever been to. I went to basically get an original tour T-shirt and to say id sen them before i die, butthey were just pants. Lemme was so miserable and lifeless. He even stopped the show to reprimand some kids for throwing plastic beer glasses around the place and threatened to walk off if it didnt stop. Erm WHERE did the rock and roll go Lemme??? On the flip-side Sepultura were supporting and id never seen them before and they blew me away totally and their kinda music aint my bag either. Most excellent!

Im gonna look on gigs and tours now too cus i want to go see a band!



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #24
Artychik
Tired and Confused
 
Artychik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

I'm starting when I was 18, to hide any youthful indiscretions


First: Idlewild, in a wee pub in Ullapool. For the album 100 Broken Windows - Brilliant, small venue, everyone was up for it, and the crowd jumped and moshed as one

Last: Your Loyal Subjects, my mates band, great, My friends a born performer, the other bands were rather shitty though

Best : Bob Dylan at The Barrowlands Absolutely fantastic, having seen him the night before at the SECC this gig was so much smaller, up close and the crowd loved it! Singing along all the way. And at the end Bob said he'd never had a crowd keep up like that (BOB DOESN'T TALK AT GIGS - WE WERE BLESSED) aaaah It Ain't Me Babe..... No no nooooo

Worst: It must be so bad I have erased it from my mind, but I know I've seen some right old rubbish


Dream Gig: Jeff Buckley, Live At the Olympia, unfortunately I hadn't heard of Jeff until after he died, but I would give anything to have heard that sweet voice live



xxx
--------------------



Artychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:17 PM   #25
Gem
 
Gem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Londinium
I am currently:

Alchemyst- if youre looking for a gig to go to- paradise lost are playing in london with my dying bride and anathenama (sp?) in the next few months.

Charlie and Chels- that sounds like the most painful gig ever.

First- The Offspring 200and somthing at Wembley on their Conspiracy of One tour with AFI and 331 (or 311? ) supporting.

Last- apart from ones im working the last gig i went to voluntarily was Poison the Well at the Barfly last month. Was actually one of the best gigs ive seen them play.

Best- Hatebreed at Astoria possibly. Dont remember. SeaSick Steve supporting Grinderman and Suicide last year was pretty good.

Worst- musically ive seen some awful bands. Truely truely awful.

Dream- dont really have a dream gig. take one gig at a time is what i say, yep.



REMEMBER: YOU ARE NOT A SALMON


Gem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:33 AM   #26
squirrelspit
 
squirrelspit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

^^^ If Chels and I went to that gig, you KNOW you would come.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #27
Born Wrong
*whistles*
 
Born Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SW11
I am currently:

i have never been anywhere sadly, but if i had the money i would go see babyshambles next Tuesday at the Forum in Kentishtown its only £22.50 but im stone broke so never gonna happen, but im sure i would have thoroughly enjoyed it!



I have a signature!?!? really? where???

Born Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:52 AM   #28
PropheticStar
 

Okay, I'm going to attempt this.

first gig= Um, the very first was a music festival called Homebake, which features all Australian bands.

The following content has been hidden - Reason : set list
ALEX LLOYD
RADIO BIRDMAN
GRINSPOON
YOU AM I
MACHINE GUN FELLATIO
PACIFIER (aka SHIHAD)
PAUL KELLY
SONICANIMATION
PNAU
KASEY CHAMBERS
JEBEDIAH
GEORGE
1200 TECHNIQUES
PAUL DEMPSEY (acoustic)
GERLING
KILLING HEIDI (acoustic)
THE SLEEPY JACKSON
ROCKET SCIENCE
THE D4
SUPERHEIST
ESKIMO JOE
WAIKIKI
BLUEBOTTLE KISS
JET
DAVE McCORMACK & THE POLAROIDS
DAN BRODIE AND THE BROKEN ARROWS
THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT
ANTISKEPTIC
WICKED BEAT SOUND SYSTEM
SALMONELLA DUB
KATALYST
DJ JAMES DE LA CRUZ
KID KENOBI
DECODER RING
OFF CUTS
SERAPHS COAL
FOR AMUSEMENT ONLY
DARREN HANLON
SIMON DAY (acoustic)
LAURA IMBRUGLIA (acoustic)
THE WILCANNIA MOB
TIM ROGERS – on his lonesome (acoustic)
GELBISON,SPEEDSTAR (ACOUSTIC)
GERSEY
RHUBARB
SHANE NICHOLSON (acoustic)
CRANK
SNEAKY SOUND SYSTEM
PASH,
DJ MARK DYNAMIX
DJ ABEL
and THE HOPETOUN HOTEL BAND


But my first proper concert was Placebo! :D


Last gig = Well, I saw two bands the other weekend. Karnivool is second last by a mere 24 hours, but Porcupine Tree was the last :)

Best gig = Bollocks. This is a stupid question. Um...

The second time i saw NIN. The first time i saw The Mars Volta. The Eels were fantastic, Porcupine Tree were incredible. Of course Tool live dup to years and years of expectation. The Cure were pretty ****ing amazing.


worst gig = Um, the last time i saw Placebo was kinda irritating. The band was fab, but all of a sudden it was full of emo kids, and i felt very out of place.

Oh, and some **** band called Bird Blobs supported NIN the first time i saw them. They were pretty ****ing terrible. God.


Most memorable = Um, ok, I have two, and they are most memorable because I had barely heard of them before seeing them, and they blew me away. The first is Gail Page. I had barely heard of this woman before seeing her live, and it was just so beautiful and intense and wonderful. I fell in love with her.

The second is That 1 Guy! **** this guy is AWESOME. He plays this instrument he invented and gets the most amazing sounds out of it. He has some beautiful eery songs, some that sound like an arabic violin, some funky, some hilarious, he is wicked. I saw him on some random show one night, then the next day, discovered he was supporting Karnivool. I was STOKED and rightly so. He was INCREDIBLE! And considering it was a metal crowd there, they all loved him too. He plays his Magic Pipe instrument, and a saw (like a wood cutting thing) and a BOOT! he ACTUALLY PLAYS A BOOT!!!!!

Dream gig = Hmm... Pink Floyd, back in the day! Likewise The Beatles! and Frank Zappa. Jeff Buckley. er... we could be here all day... The Seekers, The Tea Party, okay okay I'll stop or we could be here all day >.<

*sigh* Okay, I'm done. Sorry, that was stupidly long... I did hold back.

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:05 PM   #29
Synthetisk
salt the earth
 
Synthetisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

First: Backstreet Boys at the SECC some time in 1998 or 1999 XD;

Last: Mindless Self Indulgence at the ABC last month.

Best: Marilyn Manson at the Braehead Arena last December. It was... it was amazing, from the tmosphere to the performace. Even the protesters calling us things was even enjoyable! Worth queing for 4 hours in the snow drinking Jack Daniels.

Worst: Towers Of London in 2005 at the Barfly, the band were there just to pick out groupies. Being asked? That was offensive. And they didn't even play well.

Dream Gig: Manson all over again without having to carry a bag and without queing in SNOW!



i'd only come here seeking peace
i'd only come here seeking me
it seems i came to leave


Synthetisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #30
Kija
angelic fruitcake
 
Kija's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: with the fairies
I am currently:

first - think it was westlife! lol embaressing but may i add i was dragged there, but they were actually alright!

best - a little band called mad dog, they are ace, and you can dance like a nutter, and have a ball!!!

worst - seth lakeman, i was tripping, and got really freaked out as i thought he was on fire! (it was just the rosin off his bow and him sweating so he was steaming! yeah i thought it was smoke!!) probably would have been great apart from me being a weirdo!!! lol!

last - was meant to be kings of leon, how gutted am i that i missed that one! so its probably mad dog? no actually i sneaked into one in a club, but i cant remember who they were!!! lol!

most memorable - levellers, lost the rest of the people we were with, my boyfriend was having a bad trip and was sat on the floor, i was dancing round him like a looney, and i actually had so much fun!



ella1 is my twiny twin twin!

Kija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:44 PM   #31
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS
 
Heidi Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nottingham
I am currently:

1st Gig- Greenday in Newcastle in about 2000
Last Gig- Ash at Nottingham Rock City I think
Best Gig- Probably Leeds Fest, if not seeing Morrissey in Leeds town hall.
Worst Gig- Graham Coxon, Newcastle Students union. I got kicked in the nose by a crowd surfer and spent most of the evening with my face engulfed in bloody tissues. And it was full of pretentious indie kids.
Dream gig- The Cure, I'd actually probably sell my left arm to see them (and I'm left handed!)


Last edited by Heidi Tiger : 08-05-2008 at 01:47 PM. Reason: missed a bit!




Reality leaves a lot to the imagination


Heidi Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #32
PropheticStar
 

*giggles* I saw The Cure for free :)

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:23 PM   #33
Alchemyst
 
Alchemyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK
I am currently:

ooh Gem thanx for the tip... will have to check their website.

Mr Pengy you are welcome to join me if you feel like it seeing as you are also gig-deprived!

Alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #34
Gem
 
Gem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Londinium
I am currently:

its definately up on The Forum's website.



REMEMBER: YOU ARE NOT A SALMON


Gem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #35
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

^^^
Erin xxx (I thought bout putting that in too. But its too special for here)

Oooh i missed out on seeing KOL too! I was so pissed off!

My all time most pissed off "missing" gig was missing Mudhoney and Nirvana Twice!!! I was a huge Mudhoney fan and i believe they were supporting Nirvana at Edwards No8 in Birmingham in 90 i think. I hadnt heard of nirvana then >.<. Nevertheless i missed it for a reason i cant even remember. Then i got a ticket for Nirvana about 6 months later and AGAIN i missed it cus i think i got stoned and forgot. OMG! what a prat. Still im still not the biggest Nirvana fan and i can take em or leave em, but it would have been nice to say id seen old Kurt. OMFG i just remembered that i had tickets to Mudhoney again last year but i was too ill to go. My mate went and said theyt were ace and played all their old stuff. Was gutted!

When i wrote this i purposely left out all the "dream" bands like the beatles and hendrix and Janis Joplin etc etc, cus like, well they are kinda like the ones we all wanna see really i think. If you like that kinda thing anyways. but i would agree with most peoples Dream gigs, cept for Jeff. I have a fear of people called Jeff/Geoff! (dont ask)



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #36
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

GEM!!!!

Oh god i so didnt realise Charls had as terrible taste in music as Chelsea!!! you poor girl. Id have hugged you if id have known and consolled you more. My advice is put your ITUNES library on charlies prooter and force her to listen. Then at least some of the good will filter thru!

God bless your strenght and courage.


Alchy ive never heard of them. >.<



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #37
PropheticStar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjapenguin View Post
^^^
Erin xxx (I thought bout putting that in too. But its too special for here)

Oooh i missed out on seeing KOL too! I was so pissed off!

My all time most pissed off "missing" gig was missing Mudhoney and Nirvana Twice!!! I was a huge Mudhoney fan and i believe they were supporting Nirvana at Edwards No8 in Birmingham in 90 i think. I hadnt heard of nirvana then >.<. Nevertheless i missed it for a reason i cant even remember. Then i got a ticket for Nirvana about 6 months later and AGAIN i missed it cus i think i got stoned and forgot. OMG! what a prat. Still im still not the biggest Nirvana fan and i can take em or leave em, but it would have been nice to say id seen old Kurt. OMFG i just remembered that i had tickets to Mudhoney again last year but i was too ill to go. My mate went and said theyt were ace and played all their old stuff. Was gutted!

When i wrote this i purposely left out all the "dream" bands like the beatles and hendrix and Janis Joplin etc etc, cus like, well they are kinda like the ones we all wanna see really i think. If you like that kinda thing anyways. but i would agree with most peoples Dream gigs, cept for Jeff. I have a fear of people called Jeff/Geoff! (dont ask)
I listen to it almost on a daily basis, so its still just as special to me no matter where i mention it :)

Got stoned and FORGOT TO SEE NIRVANA!!!! you ****! *faints*

You're Geoffs dream gig darling

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #38
squirrelspit
 
squirrelspit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

Matthew my dear, mudhoney are playing at the Forum. As are killing joke (original line up) if you're that way inclined!

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #39
squirrelspit
 
squirrelspit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

(that was Gem bythe way)

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:09 AM   #40
Margo
 
Margo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I am currently:

Really???? OMG!! Erm *panics*

god i sooooo want to see them.

#i had long hair back in those days. >.<

Thank you Gem.

Oh man. Id be too anxious to go. I dont even know where that is. Panics. errrm



~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P



Margo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:53 PM.