RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #21
Kyaneos
Steph.
 
Kyaneos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I am currently:

Thank you all :) I really appreciate the comments.

Kibou, it is a Nikon Coolpix L310!

Kyaneos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #22
Kyaneos
Steph.
 
Kyaneos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I am currently:

Went out today after the rain, this is the first one i took and its my favourite

Kyaneos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #23
thietkelogo
 
Join Date: Sep 2013

These look good, i hope to see more.

thietkelogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2013, 05:32 AM   #24
8765897239
 
Join Date: May 2011
I am currently:

-watches this space-

8765897239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #25
Kyaneos
Steph.
 
Kyaneos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I am currently:

Went on a long walk yesterday


Kyaneos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #26
Kyaneos
Steph.
 
Kyaneos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I am currently:






Kyaneos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #27
Faulty item
 
Join Date: Nov 2012

Last ones good . I have always been fonder of moths.

Faulty item is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #28
8765897239
 
Join Date: May 2011
I am currently:

beautiful photos

8765897239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #29
Dreaming.
You are free.
 
Dreaming.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England.
I am currently:

They're really great, but I'd recommend looking at where you focus the camera - you've captured these really well, but without a clear focus it confuses the eye a little bit. The dandelion, pink flower and daisy are all fantastic because you've got a clear focus and not too much confusion on the eye.

I also wonder if you've considered portraits? It seems you've got a knack for taking a photo with a clear focus, portraits might be a nice exploration for you?

Do keep going though, they're really good - and very pretty!

Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #30
Kyaneos
Steph.
 
Kyaneos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I am currently:

Thank you for the feedback :) I am really enjoying using the focus/close-up feature of my camera at the moment... I am wondering what you mean by a clear focus? Would you mind giving me an example of one of the photos on this thread that doesn't have that so that I can work on it?

I am also wondering what you mean by portraits? Sorry if I sound stupid lol, I am very new to this. Any tips you have for me are welcome though :) thank you

Kyaneos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #31
Dreaming.
You are free.
 
Dreaming.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England.
I am currently:

So, the second one you posted (15:09) has a very clear focus with relatively plain backdrop - whereas in the third one (15:03) there's just too much to take in, there's not a clear focal point. You've got a good eye for them, definitely, but sometimes less is more - having one clear flower in the shot is better than capturing everything. More on focal points here.

By portraits, I mean human portraits. More here.

Definitely keep going, these are great and it's always good to explore and try out new things!

Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #32
Kyaneos
Steph.
 
Kyaneos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I am currently:

Ah I see what you mean, yeah, These pics are only a snippet of all the pics I have taken since having the camera, most of them are like the 15.09 picture :) Some of them I just think are pretty so posted.

Thank you for the advice though, I am really enjoying playing with the close-up function and will keep experimenting!

Kyaneos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #33
coolkid98
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
I am currently:

Those are amazing pictures. What camera do you have?

coolkid98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #34
star.girl
 
star.girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Worcestershire, UK
I am currently:

Really really good :) I am hoping I will be able to get a digital SLR camera soon! x



**Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.**


star.girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:40 AM.