|
|
 |
|
17-12-2011, 06:21 PM
|
#21
|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Manchester
I am currently: 
|
My voices are not psychotic and the dr from dbt said that they are a common cognitive symptom of emotional dysregulation but they aren't psychotic. My own team have told me also they are nto psychotic and I think the difference is that I know they can't be real.
|
"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13
|
|
|
|
17-12-2011, 06:39 PM
|
#23
|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Manchester
I am currently: 
|
In a way I wish they were psychotic as I could be medicated to get rid of them but instead have to put up with them.
|
"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13
|
|
|
|
17-12-2011, 06:47 PM
|
#24
|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UK
I am currently: 
|
Thanks everyone for your tips on dealing with the voices. I think music is probably what works best for most people so I will keep on using my iPOD.
Thinking of recovery - I am on anti-psychotics so you'd think what I am experiencing was possibly considered to be psychosis at some point or I wouldn't have been put on anti-psychotics surely. Having said that the anti-psychotics have helped me and the voices aren't as bad as they used to be...
I think I sometimes must be psychotic as I get myself in such a state because of the voices like last year when I was admitted...having said that, when I know the voices aren't real, I still get in a state.
|
|
|
|
|
|
17-12-2011, 06:49 PM
|
#25
|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Manchester
I am currently: 
|
I am on anti-psychotics but as a mood stabiliser, not for the voices.
|
"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13
|
|
|
|
17-12-2011, 06:53 PM
|
#26
|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UK
I am currently: 
|
Good point! They can be used as add-ons too. x
|
|
|
|
|
|
17-12-2011, 06:56 PM
|
#27
|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Manchester
I am currently: 
|
Add ons?
|
"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13
|
|
|
|
17-12-2011, 07:12 PM
|
#28
|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UK
I am currently: 
|
Abilify which I am on can be used as a booster for anti-depressants, a sort of "add-on".
|
|
|
|
|
|
17-12-2011, 07:20 PM
|
#29
|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Manchester
I am currently: 
|
Oh right, Quetiapine, which I used to be on can be also used like that although I was on it as a mood stabiliser.
|
"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13
|
|
|
|
19-12-2011, 01:10 PM
|
#30
|
|
please ignore me
Join Date: Jun 2011
I am currently: 
|
Thank you for this thread guys, I've been wondering about my voices too (and occasinal hallucinations) and am BPD.
Although I haven't told my current psych about them, do you think there's any point to it seen as not much can be done?
|
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" - Alice, Alice in Wonderland
♥
|
|
|
|
19-12-2011, 02:45 PM
|
#31
|
|
Perfectly Flawed
Join Date: Aug 2004
I am currently: 
|
^ Yeah, things can be done. You might find medication helps take the edge off things of various therapies can help you deal with them better. Even if they dont go away you can still learn cope or deal with them xx
|
I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
|
|
|
|
19-12-2011, 03:54 PM
|
#32
|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greater Manchester
I am currently: 
|
It took me a long time to fess up about the voices but you should tell them so they know what you are struggling with and can help give you advice on how to deal with them.
|
"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13
|
|
|
|
19-12-2011, 04:10 PM
|
#33
|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UK
I am currently: 
|
I agree you should definitely tell your psych. It's important they get the full picture and as others have said, maybe they will be able to give you some tips on coping with the voices or maybe even some medication if you want it. I am on anti-psychotics so I guess they think they might help me. If you tell your psych, good luck and let us know how it goes! x
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
|
|
|
Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:13 PM.
|
|