RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #21
riotgrrrlcori
 
riotgrrrlcori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
I am currently:

I've been lucky enough to have therapists who aren't alarmed or angry when I SI. I don't want to do it anymore because I know and have finally experienced better ways of coping.

riotgrrrlcori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #22
xMandarrx
Mandarr
 
xMandarrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
I am currently:

Realizing that I don't want the scars anymore.



you just don't have to be lonely, anymore.

neverendingmetamorphosis.blogspot.ca - my blog :)


xMandarrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #23
Antebellum
Welcome To Reality
 
Antebellum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester & South Yorkshire!
I am currently:

Over 7 years ago I met another member on RYL... we became best friends after talking for months and I fell head over heels for her for along time I kept it quiet as I didn't want to ruin our friendship and put an end to the support we gave each other but eventually I blurted it out and she felt the same!!!! After a few months of being together we decided that by harming ourselves we were hurting each other so made a pact to stop. I stopped cutting myself and I helped her recover from her eating disorder, it wasn't easy and it caused arguments and we both had relapses but in the end, falling in love with a fellow self harmer made us both see what we were doing to ourselves and we stopped.

written down it sounds really cheesy lol but it happened!


7 years ago I was at my lowest point and could see no way out, then one member from RYL literally saved my life. we've been together 5 years this June and are both currently in our last year at university. Life couldn't get much better and deep down inside I know that the part of my life containing self harm is gone, hopefully forever.

Rhian.

Antebellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 11:12 PM   #24
rockaroni
Captain Rainbow!!!
 
rockaroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brighton, UK
I am currently:

I was moving out of a house where one housemate had made my life a living hell. I figured I was then moving in with strangers, and wanted a fresh start, and part of that new begininng was a life without self harm. Now it's been almost 18 months, and some of the people in are now some of my best friends in the whole world. I'm not sure I could have made the same friendships if I'd been hiding myself away harming, instead of talking to them when things went wrong.




Wake me up before I change again
Remind me the story that I won't get insane
Tell me why it's always the same
Explain me the reason why I'm so much in pain.


rockaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #25
LovedSecureFree
 
LovedSecureFree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ireland
I am currently:

My fiancé said that he wouldn't be able to marry me and have a family with me if I kept on harming as it wouldn't be fair on him or on anyone else.



Mama to be
20/09/2018


LovedSecureFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 02:50 AM   #26
I am (not) a robot
I come together in the middle of the night
 
I am (not) a robot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I am currently:

After I really hurt myself, I sat in my room at 3am and just sat there in silence. I realized, this isn't helping me. Even after I hurt myself, I still hurt. I needed to find a way to heal. I sat there and cried for a while and then got the will to tell my mother and ask for treatment.



Can you teach me how to feel?

I am (not) a robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #27
surviver15
Sometimes things aren't so simple..
 
surviver15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
I am currently:

I'm still trying, but it really was my mom. She loves me so much and I want to stop for her.






surviver15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #28
Kinsayy
I believe there's a fool in all of us.
 
Kinsayy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
I am currently:

When my best friend found out I was doing it. She was so worried and so upset, I knew I had to stop, if anything for her.



The grass is always greener,
Someone else's past is always cleaner,
But I'm a believer, but there's a fool in all of us

Tumblr
Aim: Nudous
(feel free to add me and message me anytime!)



Kinsayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 11:42 PM   #29
Eccentrics
Occasionally lurking
 
Eccentrics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK
I am currently:

My parents and friends reactions.
At one point I actually got bullied and called an attention seeker and got hated because of it, so that was the biggest kick which scared me out of doing it, or at least to hide it better. My mother also really got really upset and ovvereacted, and due to my social anxiety prior the bullying, it scared and shocked me out of doing it. These days its more my *good* friends getting upset when I do it, and being sweet and supportive and asking me to stop for them. I care about them so much, so I really do try.
Not the best reasons, but as long as there is one I suppose. :)

Eccentrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #30
CosmicMouseJess
 
CosmicMouseJess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Zealand
I am currently:

When I was at Senior Camp and I realized my friends and others around me were happy and confident and I spent a lot of time hidding away. I had a lot of time to think and I realized that I need to change, I need to be who I want to be and not be controlled by my SI. Thats when I decided to give up.

That was in Feb and ever since I've been trying to give up. :)



"A mirror reflects what is upon the outside, but not what is upon the inside. The outside may be scarred and broken, but on the inside you are beautiful."

"Recovery can be more than just those breaks in between your falls"


CosmicMouseJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #31
* imagine.. *
previously known as luzin_grip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming. View Post
Similarly to other posts, I just reached a point where I realised I deserved better than this. I deserve to look after and treat myself, and I deserve to be able to wear what I want and do what I want. I wanted my money to go on sweets and cake and flowers and jewellery, not on pills or razors or bandage equipment.

I don't know if that makes me sound too egotistical, but yeah.

me too :)

+ the day I left home

* imagine.. * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #32
tiptoes
Forum Mod
 
tiptoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
I am currently:

I left home to start uni and my mental and emotional state improved dramatically, plus I realised that I was on my own and if I didn't start to look after myself no one else was going to do it for me.



In my dreams I slew the dragon


tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #33
x-dying-inside-x
*Dan*
 
x-dying-inside-x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: london
I am currently:

If I don't stop I won't be able to do what I want in life and it's not fair to put my family through this anymore.
My little brother is 12 and he gets upset when he sees my arms because he doesn't understand.
I need to do this more for him than anyone because he doesn't deserve the worry that his sister might end up dead.



" my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave you during your times of trials and suffering. When you see only one set of footprints it was then that I carried you" you were carried out of are lifes into the next and when its my time to leave this life I know i will be carried into the next life with you.
I wish i had my world complete again.
'Can we protend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, i could really use a wish right now' BoB

x-dying-inside-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:51 AM.