RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #21
[SundayGirl]
_
 
[SundayGirl]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyddie View Post
*hugs*
Try not to worry or think about it too much until tomorrow (easier said than done, I know), but there's nothing you can do until tomorrow.
I really hope that they get something sorted for you, you need some support at the moment.
Take care, love
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
Sorry it didn't go so well but I guess it's at least a good thing he referred you, I hope so much it will be more use to you & they will be more proactive.
You definitely need help & I am sooo proud of you for going!!
I hope it goes okay tomorrow & let us know asap

You can text me whenever too!
LY XXXX
thankyou girlies <3
i mean, im abit relieved i went dont get me wrong i just still feel so, lost. Sick of doctors etc, sick of it all :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnonymous View Post
I am wondering if he means the main dietetic department at your general hospital. I was referred there for advice on healthy eating once. They normally deal with diabetics and those with digestive conditions but can be asked to see a person if that persons GP requests it. Maybe you should ask exactly what service it is he is looking at and do your own homework in relation to finding out what its all about.

It may just be me but when I have no support, knowing exactly when a should expect a referral to come through for say, a dietitian appointment becomes important to me and I need to know all the details so I don't think I am being strung along or mislead as to what is actually being offered again.

I think he may be looking at another aspect of finding a way to treat the ED, can you make sure he knows your seeing nobody for couselling either because this needs to be considered at some point to. Be it by the GP surgery [some have in house or visiting counsellors] or back to general mental health services for a psychology assessment/input.

Hope that helps it seem clearer xx
Im the same i have to know the details etc but my doctor, well he isnt the best communicator & he doesnt explain things well. I asked him to re-explain things but i was kind of pushed out the door & told to ring up or wait for a letter.
It could possibley be in a general hospital but he specifically said ED services, & yeah so im still pretty confused.
Thank you for the advice.
xx



I am not a freak..
I was born with my freedom.



[SundayGirl] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #22
MissAnonymous
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
I am currently:

I guess he could well mean back to the same ED team, many are based in general hospital sites now, its just my old fashioned system I am used to here where the complete governance and management of mental health and physical health is different, we have 2 trusts one for each! I hope you can go back to seeing them and work something more effective out.

I don't know if you didn't read it earlier in the thread, it was added on as an edit, or if you didn't want to think about it, but I was wondering what your thoughts were on the following.

Also, I forgot to ask, but its important.. Why do you think you got worse under their care. Did you feel they were not caring enough, was the treatment not right? Either way, you need to think about how you can stop this happening again, and be clear about how you are going to try and prevent it. Sometimes it is necessary to actually tell them what you want and need. To give them the direction, after all you know you best, is it a dietry approach that helps to start with or a psychological approach, would CBT techniques help you rationalise or would you like to try a day patient programme, is it the practicalities of maintaining a healthy lifestyle that you struggle with.

What do you feel has changed for you since the discharge, and was the discharge your decision or theirs or combined?

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #23
[SundayGirl]
_
 
[SundayGirl]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

It could well be the same ED services, i really am completly unsure so its all really up in the air at the moment which really scares me.
I never saw the edited bit *oops*. [& you are really making me think:p]

I really dont know why it got worse if im honest, i guess its the fact that denial is a huge issue for me. & i also waited almost 2 years for the treatment i did recieve & in that time everything became completly normal to me.
Also, i think that a more diet based kind of treatment is what i need more than a pyscological one, which i stressed the day i was discharged & was told a letter would be sent to my dr explaining what id asked for, but no such letter has been sent. & ive been waiting for nutritionists etc for 8 months now, when the waiting list was 3 weeks long [i have tried to follow up but get no where].

The discharge was their idea. & i agreed in the end because i didnt want to be somewhere i was told couldnt help me as they used the phrase "giving up" when talking to me about discharging me. Also, at the time my denial was alot stronger than it is now. I regret agreeing now, but whats done is done i guess :\





I am not a freak..
I was born with my freedom.



[SundayGirl] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #24
[SundayGirl]
_
 
[SundayGirl]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

sorry, i really am, do not mean to bump this i am just struggiling beyond belief right now & dont wanna take up room with a new post.
could i please have a hug? i feel so lost.



I am not a freak..
I was born with my freedom.



[SundayGirl] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #25
[LittleMonster]
Kate.
 
[LittleMonster]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
I am currently:

*hugs you tight*
Text me?

[LittleMonster] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #26
[SundayGirl]
_
 
[SundayGirl]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

*hugs*.
thankyou babe



I am not a freak..
I was born with my freedom.



[SundayGirl] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #27
NeverBetter
dont worry ;it only hurts when i breathe
 
NeverBetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost
I am currently:

*hugs* sorry to hear your struggling chic
try and stay safe
sorry i dont have many words right now but im just a pm away



young girl its alright your tears will soon dry your soon be free to fly

she's falling from grace , she's all over the place..............




NeverBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #28
[SundayGirl]
_
 
[SundayGirl]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

thankyou for the reply.
:(
xx



I am not a freak..
I was born with my freedom.



[SundayGirl] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #29
NeverBetter
dont worry ;it only hurts when i breathe
 
NeverBetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost
I am currently:

how are you doing today?
hugs



young girl its alright your tears will soon dry your soon be free to fly

she's falling from grace , she's all over the place..............




NeverBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #30
[LittleMonster]
Kate.
 
[LittleMonster]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
I am currently:

I'm only ever a text away babe
Hope you're doing okay today!
xx

[LittleMonster] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #31
[SundayGirl]
_
 
[SundayGirl]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

Im not doing so well to be honest.
im really, really strugiling today. My head is screaming at me & i just feel like crying.
im supposed to re-phone the doctors up aswell & i really dont think i have enough strength.



I am not a freak..
I was born with my freedom.



[SundayGirl] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #32
[LittleMonster]
Kate.
 
[LittleMonster]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
I am currently:

If you want come online and talk to me? xx

[LittleMonster] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #33
[SundayGirl]
_
 
[SundayGirl]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

I could cry.
i hate today.




I am not a freak..
I was born with my freedom.



[SundayGirl] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #34
Lyddie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010

*cuddles*
Sorry I have no advice, love. But I wanted to show my support.
Is there anyone who could sit with you whilst you call the doctors??

Lyddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #35
[LittleMonster]
Kate.
 
[LittleMonster]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
I am currently:

*cuddles more!*

Sorry you're struggling babe, you really don't deserve this.
I hope you can get some more sleep later as well
Try not to freak about having to eat that thing later & tea, your body needs the food desperately..you won't see it but you do

Text me anytime as I've said :)
ily xx

[LittleMonster] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #36
[SundayGirl]
_
 
[SundayGirl]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

They added more things to the list ive got to eat in front of people tonight.
& i have to have breakfast & lunch in front of mum tomorrow.
i cant stop shaking & crying.
this is way to much for me.
ive tried talking to mum & she said i have no say in the matter anymore.



I am not a freak..
I was born with my freedom.



[SundayGirl] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #37
[LittleMonster]
Kate.
 
[LittleMonster]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
I am currently:

Oh darling *hugs*
I'm sorry that they're forcing you, I know they're only trying to get you healthier,, and trying to force you to eat..
i know it's a bit much to ask of you..but please hun I know you can do this..

text me if u need me xx

[LittleMonster] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #38
NeverBetter
dont worry ;it only hurts when i breathe
 
NeverBetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost
I am currently:

hugs hunni sorry to hear your struggling
i know its hard and i know you proberbly dont want to but just try you dont have to try alot just a little if you can and if you cant well atleast you did try sorry if that sounds confusing heheh


also re phoning your dr maybe a good idear you never know it may help
hugs



young girl its alright your tears will soon dry your soon be free to fly

she's falling from grace , she's all over the place..............




NeverBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 12:55 AM   #39
[SundayGirl]
_
 
[SundayGirl]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I am currently:

thankyou both so much.
i know what they are doing is to help me, but.. i just cant do it. i cried with every bite i ate & im still crying.
it was alot more than id even dare to think about & everything was so unsafe.
& tomorrow its the same again, i just.. dont want to wake up at all.




I am not a freak..
I was born with my freedom.



[SundayGirl] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #40
[LittleMonster]
Kate.
 
[LittleMonster]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
I am currently:

:(
How are you today babe?

[LittleMonster] is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:01 PM.