SO I finished watching Aldnoah Zero and I caught up with season 2 which is currently airing. It stayed good. Seriously I love it.
I also just marathoned Zankyou no Terror. It was SO good. I cried so much at the end though. I need to stop getting so attached to characters. I don't think a character death has made me cry this much for a long long time. It was a great series though, another show that I got serious Death Note - esque vibes from. The cat and mouse elements and the riddles were very good.
We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken
I don't even know what to do with myself right now. I'm getting spoiled by all of this amazing anime.
@StephenDay1998:
That anime is pretty good, actually. I really wish there was more of it, to be honest. The entire thing seemed like more of a buildup than a full fledged show. I expect they will do a lot more with a second season.
@Palladion:
And yeah, Zankyou no Terror made me cry. A lot. I got way too attached to the characters. What a way to end it though. I just can't get the feeling the anime gave me out of my head.
Also Aldnoah Zero is pretty amazing. I have to say I was a bit shocked at the end of the first season (for obvious reasons). I'm caught up anyways, so there's that.
I'm thoroughly confused after the latest episode of DRRR. I don't even know what's happening, but I love the show way too much anyways. It's amazing how many fully developed characters they have with their own little stories going on.
Also marathoned all of Psycho Pass season 2, reminding me yet again why it's one of my favorite shows of all time. The first couple of episodes were a bit slow to pick up, but once I saw a little more of it, I couldn't stop watching.
Kuroko no Basket is taking it's time with each game again, I see. It's much more frustrating watching the show live when each game spans 3/4 episodes, lol.
Tokyo Ghoul is still picking up, can't wait for the story to really get going there. I'm still not completely sure what's going on at this point.
Also Death Parade is starting to look a LOT more interesting after episode two. I really like the way they organized the first two episodes so far. Seeing the same scene from multiple perspectives. I'm interested to see how it's going to progress from here on out. Also music. I can't get enough of that opening song.
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu continues to be absolutely amazing. Honestly, it gives me the same kind of vibe as Tokyo Ghoul. Which should speak a bit for the quality of the show. Honestly, it's just a really interesting watch. Not really sure what I can say about it.
Also watching a show called World Trigger. It's pretty standard, all things considered, but done very well. Decent action, somewhat interesting characters. Decent anime all around. Nothing amazing, but certainly something to watch.
I had way too much time to watch anime this weekend, and that's all I ended up doing. Suffice it to say, I watched a lot of shows. I also can't help but think I'm being spoiled with all of this absolutely incredible anime. I don't know what I'm going to do when it all ends. Hopefully this high quality can continue all the way into next year.
@no_Brakes I plan to watch more Irregular at Magic High School this weekend, and I also plan to start Psycho-Pass Season 1, what should I expect from Psycho-Pass?
"Just get rid of your broken wings, you're strong enough by now"
"Learn to treasure your life because unfortunately, it can be taken away from you at any time"
Psycho Pass is hard to explain without giving too much away. It deals a lot with choices and morality, and what a more futuristic society might actually look like. I think what's most interesting about it is that it seems like an almost reasonable example of a futuristic society (with a few exceptions, of course). One where population control is a huge factor, and where terrorism can only be accomplished in a fairly unique way. Art is pretty good, character development is great, and in general, the story is just incredible. I may just enjoy it because it deals a bit with morality and human behavior, which I tend to enjoy in anime. Either way, I'd definitely recommend it.
I have trouble comparing it to any shows...I guess in the sense that it deals with choices, morality, and law, you could potentially compare it to death note in a way. I guess you could almost say it's like death note, but focused more on the perspective of the lawful side, rather than the criminal side. It also kind of reminds me of Ergo Proxy, though I'm not sure that's really quite the same either. In any case, I really enjoyed it, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good anime to watch.
I should enjoy it then, Death Note is my favourite anime of all time.
"Just get rid of your broken wings, you're strong enough by now"
"Learn to treasure your life because unfortunately, it can be taken away from you at any time"
Clannad is a pretty great anime. I'm assuming that you've also gone ahead and watch Clannad: After Story (if not, I would GREATLY recommend it). Yeah, Clannad is one of the first animes I watched when I had first started getting into anime. I think that one, I followed up by watching Angel Beats (or maybe it was the other way around, I don't remember). They're actually somewhat similar in a lot of ways. I think they're both made by the same people, so that's to be expected, I suppose.
And yeah, Death Note is pretty incredible. That one is definitely in my top 10 must watch animes.
In case you're curious, or intend to get into watching a few things, I'll go ahead and list a few of my top must watch animes. I'll list them in a couple sections, so that I can put the highest priority ones on the top. Also keep in mind that I forget things way too easily to completely avoid missing some amazing anime. Anyways, here it is:
Absolute top priority:
Angel Beats
Psycho Pass
Death Note
Clannad (+ After Story)
Durarara
Zankyou no Terror
Code Geass
Baccano
Aldnoah Zero -- (Added because somehow I forgot this one)
Not as good as the above, but still better than almost anything I've ever seen:
Kuroko no Basket
Tokyo Ghoul (Might move to best after finished airing)
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (Might move to best after finished airing)
Akame ga Kill
Eden of the East
Fruits Basket
Not necessarily mindblowingly good, but still a must watch:
Cowboy Bebop
Steins Gate
Ergo Proxy
Attack on Titan (Not really a huge fan, but most people would tell you you must watch this)
Elfen Lied
If you're into romances (Not must watch for me, but maybe they would be for romance fans):
Golden Time
Nisekoi
Lovely Complex
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
I feel like I'm forgetting some really important ones, but I'll leave it at that for now. These are what I feel are some of the best shows of all time. I ought to mention that within each category, they aren't in any kind of order. I have no idea how I'd order each category if I was forced to.
If you need a more extensive list, I'm not sure if you've read through all the previous posts (almost as though I think someone would ever reasonably look through 18 pages of posts), a list of most of the stuff posted until recently can be found on this page: http://rylrecommends.blogspot.co.uk/
There are images and everything for almost all of them.
Last edited by no_Brakes : 27-01-2015 at 07:46 AM.
Ah yes, so much for keeping that page up to date haha I will get back around to it eventually and finish it off xD
I would pretty much agree with that list. I would add Aldnoah Zero to the must watch section though, it's so good!
Also I can't remember if I talked about it here or not but Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun. It might just be one of the funniest series I have ever seen, (aside from the magical boys currently airing). I will always be recommending it to anyone who wants something light-hearted to watch.
We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken
"Just get rid of your broken wings, you're strong enough by now"
"Learn to treasure your life because unfortunately, it can be taken away from you at any time"
I still need to watch Kill la Kill. I haven't seen that one yet.
Also yes, Aldnoah Zero should definitely be on that list. I knew I was forgetting something. Gekkan Shoujo is great, but I'm not sure if I would have it on my list of "Must Watch" animes. Mostly because I tend to assume other people might not be into silly shows like that, I guess, lol. Honestly, it's probably one of the funniest shows I've seen in a LOOONG time. I'd say Amagi Brilliant Park would be up there with that one as well, but it's hard to find a place for those two on my list. That said, I am going to edit Aldnoah Zero onto that list. I knew I had just watched one that was amazing, but I didn't remember what it was somehow.
I just finished watching the first seasons of Psycho-Pass and Steins;gate, and waiting for more to come.
I want to believe that the way I am is just the way it goes. For the things that came, not the things I chose
to come. I want to know if I had any control. I want to know if it’d comfort me. And if my heart just stops, pack my memories in it-
I want to know all the love I’ve got. And if my heart just stops, keep me alive for a minute- I want to know if a curtain drops
I finally finished the first season of Psycho-Pass. I did end up really enjoying it, I'd say the second half of the season is much stronger than the first for me. It took me quite a while to get into it but I'm glad I stuck with it as I was thinking of dropping it at one point.
I'm also finally getting around to watching Attack on Titan. Talk about late to the party. I'll be at the new AoT exhibit in Universal Osaka in 3 weeks so I thought I should at least be caught up so I know what it is I'll be seeing. I've said before that I was worried it would be overhyped for me now, but I am enjoying it so far. I think my expectations were too high though. I mean I am really enjoying it,but I don't know I thought it would be something absolutely spectacular by the way people were talking about it. I'm only half way through though so who knows what's coming next.
The magical boy anime continues to amaze me each week, I can't believe how much I love this show, it's definitely one of my favourites from this anime season.
Speaking of which i'm still somehow managing to keep up with all the shows I decided to watch this season. I'm not really sure how i'm doing it haha. I'm very happy with almost all of them so far. Except for Tokyo Ghoul √A. I don't mind the story so much but it's the animation quality that's getting me. Some weeks it's great. Others I feel like they literally blew all the budget on one scene then was left with nothing to animate the rest of the episode. They also seem to be introducing way too many characters without any sort of background or explanation as to who they are and why they are there. Surely they realise that not everyone has read the manga, not everyone knows who these characters are. I don't know I wanted to love this series so much, but i'm just not feeling it right now.
We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken
Noragami is one of my favourite anime series ever. I've started reading the manga too and i'm really enjoying that and I usually don't like manga.
I started Black Butler a few years ago but never got around to finishing it. I don't know it didn't really click with me for some reason, a lot of people really like it though and I saw a lot of people cosplaying Sebastian and Ciel when I went to comic-con. They are really popular characters.
We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken
Yeah, Psycho Pass does that somehow. Same thing happens with the second season, but somehow I still rate it as probably one of my top 3 overall. It starts off really slow. I think that's just kind of pace setting and making sure you get into the feel of the show. I don't know, but by the end of either season, it's just absolutely incredible.
And yeah, I'm really not sure why the hype over Attack on Titan was so crazy. I mean, it's great and all, it's just not the best anime ever created. Honestly, between that and Akame ga Kill (which, to me, both have the same sort of feel), I'd say Akame ga Kill was better. And even that wasn't necessarily the best thing I've ever seen.
And I totally agree about Tokyo Ghoul, though I'm kind of holding out to see if they somehow explain everything as it goes along. I feel like they can't just introduce these characters and expect us to immediately understand what's going on. The animation is something I kind of noticed, but I kind of ignored it. I try not to let that get in the way too much unless it's just absolutely terrible. I'd say my favorite show I'm currently watching right now is Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu. I've mentioned this one way too many times now, but it's still airing, and it's still amazing. Death Parade is also pretty interesting. KnB is great still, Drrr is still great. It's getting difficult to keep up with everything I'm watching, but I'm making it work.
I still haven't seen Black Butler yet, I think. Maybe I did at one point or another. I feel like I watched an episode, and immediately got into something else, and just never got back around to it. Noragami is great too.
So much anime. I guess that's not such a bad thing, really.
Oh yeah I've been watching psycho pass it's a really interesting idea.
I watched a few episodes of black butler and while I liked the characters Sebastian and ciel really interesting but the whole thing is ruined for me because the supporting cast (especially that maid) really ****ing irritate me.
Oh, Darker than Black is great! I forgot about that one. I don't remember if I ever actually finished Chrono Crusade. I'll have to go back and watch it at some point or another. Elfen Lied is also pretty amazing. I included that in my list on the previous page. I left it pretty low simply because I'm sure some people wouldn't really like the show, but I'd say it's probably in my top 10 or 15. It's definitely pretty high up there. It certainly leaves a lasting impression.