Yeah, there's definitely going to be a second season. And I'll be looking forward to it. I really hope Kiyoko actually does something in the next season. Like she actually becomes a manager that does something. I guess she's just the throw in female character.
Also Steins Gate is amazing. I love that anime. It's really strange, but I really liked that one. I bet you'll enjoy it as well.
I'm not sure what I'm going to watch next now...I've got a crazy long list, but no way of deciding what to watch. Might just end up using a random number generator. I don't know, I'll figure something out. Picking a new anime to watch is probably the second most difficult part of anime (right behind watching a really great anime end T_T).
Since we've officially started the new anime season I decided to take a look at the line up. There's not as much that has grabbed my attention as there was during the summer line up, but there are a few things I will probably try to watch. KyoAni have a new series coming out. Amagi Brilliant Park. Honestly the plot isn't really what interests me in this one, it's the simple fact that it's KyoAni haha. They always make the most beautiful animations that I'm probably going to end up watching this one just for that.
Other than that, the main one was really interests me is Kiseijuu. It's about these alien parasites that invade and take control of human hosts. It's described as a sci-fi, psychological horror, so right up my street I think haha
There's also a couple of second seasons for some series that I still need to get around to watching like Psycho Pass and Log Horizon .Also Yowapeda, the second season starts in like 2 weeks and i'm pretty sure i'll be finishing up season 1 in a few days so i'm kind of happy that I don't have to wait for ages to continue watching xD
We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken
The makers behind Yowapeda are cruel, cruel people. I had figured by the pacing of the episodes that we wouldn't see the end of the inter-high this series and I had prepared myself for that, but I at least thought they would finish the stage they were in on day 2. I'm so happy the new series starts in just a few weeks, I can't imagine having to wait longer than that to resolve such an epic cliffhanger like that.
This series has grown on me so much, however that being said some of the characters really, really creep me out. Midosuji being number 1. He actually terrifies me. He is the strangest, creepiest character I think I have ever come across in an anime and I honestly just want him to shut up everytimg he starts screaming about something. Also that one guy who named his pecs. I find him immensely creepy as well.
We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken
I feel like I must have come across some creepier people in anime, but none of them come to mind. I think pec guy is mostly just funny. He reminds me of a guy I used to know, so it just kind of makes me laugh. Midosuji is just...wow...he's just such an absolutely creepy and awful person. It makes me slightly angry every time I see him on screen. Every time he says stuff to the other riders about his plans and all that, I just want to go over to him and tell him to stop being so ridiculously pompous and hostile.
But yeah, that cliffhanger. How can they possibly leave it RIGHT THERE?!? If it ended at the completion of day two, I'd be almost okay with it, but come on! Suffice it to say, I'm anxious to see what happens next, so I'll be excited to see the new episodes come out.
In the mean time, I might go check out some of the new shows coming up. I'll probably just stack up a bunch of live shows like I've been doing, rather than marathoning a few shows like I normally would have in the past. I'll probably look into finding something to watch this weekend.
All my sports anime is ending and i'm not enjoying it. So much crying and happy endings and i'm pretty sure it is dangerous to be so emotionally attached to these sports nerds but I can't help it. Gah the last episode of Free! was pretty good. I mean I don't think they really needed the 5 minutes worth of flashbacks, and I wish we had gotten to see the Samezuka relay or some more of Rin's final races as captain. I'm pretty sure watching him beat every other member of his team would have been pretty funny.
Honestly as much as I would love a 3rd season of Free! I doubt it will happen. I mean there is a lot of potential there, like seeing how the Iwatoci SC deals with losing half it's members because they graduated, although i'm pretty sure they would easily be able to get more members considering how far they got this year. But with all the main characters no longer in the same school I think it would be difficult to keep a linear storyline going on, but hey I can dream. Maybe there will be a movie or something? I think there's another Free! talk event next year like there was this year where season 2 was announced so I guess i'll just have to wait and see.
We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken
I can't decide what to watch right now. I'm saving Free! for a bit later so that I don't get completely burned out on the sports anime (which I practically already am). All of the shows I was watching are now over T_T
I guess I'll just scrounge around random places looking for something that isn't a sports anime. I'll update when I've found something decent to watch.
I haven't had much time at all to watch anime recently, i've been working almost non-stop! I did manage to get around to watching the first episode of Steins Gate though. It was quite confusing haha but I did really like it. I can't wait to watch more of it as i've heard it takes a very dramatic and dark turn around half way through.
Also in other exciting kind of anime related news. My cosplay stuff arrived! I have a lot I need to fix before the con however, i'm running out of time. My wig is way too shiny, it practically glows in photos so I need to experiment and try and dull the shine. I was also told by so many people that Asian sizes run really small so order a size up from what I normally wear. I did that and yep guess what happened, it's a size too big so now I need to take in a skirt, this should be fun! Once I have fixed everything and done a full costume and makeup test I shall post some pictures here if anyone is interested.
We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken
Yowapeda is back! I just watched the first episode of season 2. I honestly still can't believe they ended it where they did haha, but i'm glad it's back now. Midousuji still creeps me out haha nothing's changed there.
We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken
I didn't even realize Yowapeda cad come back. I've been pretty busy, so I hadn't had time to watch almost anything. I just started watching Tokyo Ravens today, and it seems pretty decent so far. I'll have to get back into Yowapeda as well.
So much anime, so little time. Also, I bet that cosplay outfit will be great. And I'm sure it's a bit more fun to have to make a few modifications. For some reason, I always enjoy things a bit more that way. And I'm sure everyone would love to see pictures if you're willing to post them.
I didn't know this but apparently the Durarara sequel is being aired as three seasons each lasting one cour. The first is coming out January 2015, the second July 2015 and the third January 2016. So much DRRR!! I am so excited.
Yowapeda is getting more and more ridiculous each episode haha. Yet I still love it. Midousuji practically defied gravity to the extreme in the latest episode xD
We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken
I think I'm going to watch the new season of Free! and start with the new episodes of Yowapeda this weekend. This lack of time to do anything is really killing me, but I need to watch some anime to retain sanity, so it's happening.
Also wow, I was not expecting nearly that many episodes for Durarara. I was expecting one more season of 12 eps, maybe 24. Definitely not complaining, though. Now I really can't wait for it to start.
So anyway, before I was able to start watching the other stuff I wanted to watch, I ended up getting completely hooked on Tokyo Ravens. Just finished it, and honestly, it was one of the better shows I've seen in a while. Not sure where I'd rate it overall, but definitely a good show. Great action, good story, good characters, and just overall a good anime. I definitely recommend it.
Alright, so I hadn't intended to do this, but after watching a couple episodes of another anime, I sort of marathoned it all...today...
Suffice it to say, it's probably one of my top ten anime of all time at this point. It's a darker anime that makes you think. Not sure what exactly I could compare it to. It really is an interesting one. It's called Zankyou no Terror. The synopsis originally made me want to avoid it, but after watching just the first two episodes, I really couldn't stop myself from watching the entire thing. And the more you watch, the more you want to see the rest of it. I highly recommend this one, especially since it's only 11 episodes, so there's not really much of a time commitment there.
Kofuku is ready for Comic-Con! Two days before the convention I finally finished getting everything together. Talk about leaving it to the last minute. I don't think i've done too bad of a job for my first ever cosplay. I don't have a full length mirror so can't get get a shot of my full costume, but i'm sure I will have tons of photos from the actual day so will post more at a later point showing my whole costume. I am so excited for Saturday now :D
Also just watched episode 3 of Yowapeda. I genuinely never thought this anime would make me cry. Or that I would cry over Midousuji!
Last edited by Palladion : 24-10-2014 at 06:04 PM.
We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken
Wow, you really fit that character perfectly! For a "first ever cosplay," I'd say this is pretty incredible. The wig looks like it turned out really well, and the outfit seems perfect. Great job, really.
Also Midousuji T_T. One episode completely changed my entire outlook on the guy. Now I just feel kind of bad for him. Poor guy :(
There was a point at the end there that I was actually kind of thinking "I actually hope he wins now."
I was honestly rooting for him in the end too, it's so funny how one episode can change your whole perspective of a character.
I just got back from comic-con a few hours ago. I was convinced to stay for the Sunday as well so spent two days cosplaying Kofuku. It was so much fun. I got quite a few compliments on my cosplay which was nice, and even had a few people ask me for pictures which was amazing! There wasn't a lot of noragami there though. I guess it's just not that popular. I saw no merch and even in the artists section I only saw one print or Nora. I really, really wanted to get a picture with a Yato, but I think there was only one there that my friends found, and I was busy buying posters and missed him by a couple of minutes! I was gutted.
Here's what my whole costume looked like.
The whole weekend was so much fun, I honestly can't wait until the next one in May now. My tentative cosplay plans are Momoi from KnB and Nitori from Free!
We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken
Yeah, I don't think Noragami had a very big fanbase. I think that just not many people found it. That said, I'm not surprised you got compliments, I can't believe that the outfit turned out that well. Also Momoi would be a great one. Honestly, she's not really even a whole lot different than Kofuku. longer hair, slightly different outfit. Nitori probably wouldn't be too much effort either, but I think you're a better fit for Momoi. Both would work, though, honestly. Doesn't really matter in the end, though, whatever is more fun always ends up being the best choice.
May is a long way off, though. At least that means you have more time to work on your next outfit, lol.
I think I will have Momoi as my main cosplay for the Saturday and then Nitori on the Sunday when it's quieter and there's slightly less people. I bought myself a samezuka jacket at the con and I have a short grey wig that I originally bought for a future Yuki Nagato cosplay but it would work equally as well for Nitori with some styling.
Yep I have plenty of time which is good, because I still have so much to learn. I want to improve my makeup and wig styling for next time as they were both pretty mediocre, plus I never thought I would ever be cosplaying a male character and I have no idea how to do that haha, I mean nitori is kind of feminine anyway so I guess it doesn't matter much anyway.
Also whenever I get time to watch anime again, I will definitely be watching Tokyo Ghoul. My friend who I went to the con with cosplayed as Kaneki and she looked so awesome! There was tons of tokyo ghoul stuff and so many cosplayers, it was so popular which must mean it's pretty good.
We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken
I'll definitely look forward to seeing the next character you play.
Anyways, I might just start watching Tokyo Ghoul now. I'm currently watching three really great anime, but they're live, so it doesn't really end up giving me enough to watch every week. One of them is Yowapeda, of course. The other two are Akame ga Kill and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. The first one is a relatively gory action anime. It starts off kind of cheesy and slow, but reels you in pretty quickly after the first few episodes. The second one is a bit different. It's practically the opposite of the first one, actually. It's a school drama romance anime, which I usually wouldn't ever recommend, but this one was just different. For one, I really like the art style. The characters all seem to have really unique personalities. It also deals a lot with classical music performance, and generally just classical music. Like I said before, usually I wouldn't recommend something like this, but so far it's extremely good for the genre it's in. I'll hold some of my judgment until the end of the show, but so far it looks very promising.
Oh, and as for my recommendation on the first one. Yes. It's good so far. It's not really groundbreaking or anything, but a good anime nevertheless. Definitely worth a watch.
In the mean time, yeah, I think I might watch some Tokyo Ghoul. I've been tempted to watch that since I first read about it somewhere, but then I just never really got around to it. Will update once I've watched a bit of it.