RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #23281
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Twenty. Feel well old, can't pass off my stupid antics as 'just being a teenager' anymore.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #23282
Droplet
 
Droplet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008

Haha. Hopefully (or not) you'll reach middle-aged crisis age soon if needs be!



The Mole was bewitched, entranced, fascinated. By the side of the river he trotted as one trots, when very small, by the side of a man who holds one spell-bound by exciting stories; and when tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea.
Wind in the Willows.


Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #23283
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

I think I went through that a few years ago! Must try to start acting my age.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #23284
Cathy
Stunned
 
Cathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: England
I am currently:

hey guys :)

here's a word:
altruistic.

i learnt it in psychology on friday. means to be kind to someone.. like a selfless act for somebody else. that's what my psych teacher said anyway.
i liked it.



How far can you send emotions?


Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #23285
Droplet
 
Droplet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008

No, rebel, Claire! Don't let the world get boring.

I know and like that word. Altruism. :) Yes, it's nice. Do you enjoy psychology?



The Mole was bewitched, entranced, fascinated. By the side of the river he trotted as one trots, when very small, by the side of a man who holds one spell-bound by exciting stories; and when tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea.
Wind in the Willows.


Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #23286
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian
 
Steel Magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mullingar - Ireland
I am currently:

Hey guys. Pretty new to this forum. Just thought Id pop in to say hi! I like this thread.
Im zoe btw. :)






"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

Steel Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:41 PM   #23287
Siouxsie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I am currently:

Hi Zoe =]

gosh I'm bored.

Siouxsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #23288
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Hi, Zoe!

Psychology always sounded interesting. I need to read some psychology journals, but they're full of big words that I don't understand.

My word of the week is assimilate. I don't know why, but it rolls off the tongue nicely.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #23289
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian
 
Steel Magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mullingar - Ireland
I am currently:

I wish you could take psychology as an exam subject in Ireland. Oh well.

Claire! Keep a thesaurus near by if youre gonna attempt to read them!






"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

Steel Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #23290
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

I think I'll need some sort of psychology dictionary. I'm sure there is such a thing. They just assume that you know what all the words and theories are, but I'm a geographer, I don't have a clue!

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #23291
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian
 
Steel Magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mullingar - Ireland
I am currently:

Im sure there is. If theres medical dictionaries and nursing ones there has to be psychology dictionaries!






"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

Steel Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #23292
Siouxsie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I am currently:

Before I dropped out of sixth form (after one day haha) I took psychology. I did some in hospital too. It was quite interesting, just stuff about research methods etc bored me.

Siouxsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #23293
_plastic
 
_plastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007

'Ellooooo chicks !


*misses*



A little angel fell into my arms at the 7th of december 2010
xx Angel my babysisterxx


_plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #23294
Droplet
 
Droplet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008

What is a geographer? It sounds really weird!

I have a sociological dictionary I think.



The Mole was bewitched, entranced, fascinated. By the side of the river he trotted as one trots, when very small, by the side of a man who holds one spell-bound by exciting stories; and when tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea.
Wind in the Willows.


Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #23295
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian
 
Steel Magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mullingar - Ireland
I am currently:

Whats a sociological dictionary? *is stupid*
Oooh oooh I got a weekend job in my local psychiatric hospital. But I dont start for two weeks and Im not to sure what it entails lol...






"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

Steel Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #23296
Siouxsie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I am currently:

ooh I want to work in a hospital when I'm older. Preferably psychiatric.

Siouxsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #23297
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian
 
Steel Magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mullingar - Ireland
I am currently:

well since Im going down a medical career path I just figured working in any hospital would look good in a pre-course interview!






"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

Steel Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #23298
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Research methods bore everyone!

A geographer is someone who does geography. But we're clever in that we basically do anything we want and try to place it somewhere, therefore making it geography. I have a dictionary of human geography and a geology dictionary. *is sad* They have definitions for common terms used in the discipline.

Zoe, could you call them and ask for specifics on what it involves?

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #23299
Steel Magnolia
faithful pastafarian
 
Steel Magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mullingar - Ireland
I am currently:

My aunt is a nurse there (she got me the job) and seeing as Im only 17 I expect I wouldnt be trusted with too much lol. Yeah I must call her later and see..






"Buy the ticket, take the ride.."

Steel Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #23300
Droplet
 
Droplet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexi xXx View Post
Whats a sociological dictionary? *is stupid*
Oooh oooh I got a weekend job in my local psychiatric hospital. But I dont start for two weeks and Im not to sure what it entails lol...
God knows! I think I tried to read it once and had to be resucitated... (sp?)

Good luck with your job! What are you doing, do you know? It should be interesting. Unfortunately I've only been the patient in adult psych wards.



The Mole was bewitched, entranced, fascinated. By the side of the river he trotted as one trots, when very small, by the side of a man who holds one spell-bound by exciting stories; and when tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea.
Wind in the Willows.


Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 5 (0 members and 5 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:32 PM.