RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #5781
On.My.Way
Dare To Believe
 
On.My.Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

Hi Liz, I don't have any words of advice but I'm praying for you.
Also read Hebrews 2:18, Psalm 9:9 and 2 Corinthians 4:8-9



QK <3


On.My.Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #5782
Emo
OLDER THAN SPACE AND TIME - THE TARDIS
 
Emo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I am currently:

I have come back to Christianity after fallowing Islam
I found that i missed being christian and didnt really got on with the prayers in Islam...
For Lent am giving up diet coke ...i already dont eat meat as i am vegetarian
I cant give up egg as most of my veggie stuff is made from egg eg... some of the burgers have egg in it

Am 2 weeks free from self injury but i feel like i need to do it
There are times when i feel i must hurt myself because of things that i think i have done wrong or are sinful...
At the moment i have a blade under my keyboard ready to use ... but i think i better move it and put it somewhere safe






Emo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #5783
tamobhuuta
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.K.

Hi Emo, nice to see you. Moving the blade sounds an excellent idea. You absolutely 100% do not need to cut. God does not want you to hurt.



Zelo zelatus sum pro Domino Deo exercituum.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #5784
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it
 
PassedExpectations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Upstate New York
I am currently:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kpqzU_01-4"]Stethoscope Christ lives in you - YouTube[/ame]

was reminded of this today, and thought i'd share :)




this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.



PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie


PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #5785
Emo
OLDER THAN SPACE AND TIME - THE TARDIS
 
Emo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I am currently:

I put the blade some where else so its safe ...i know it was stupid to have it under my keyboard but i really wanted to use it at the time...

Am listening to christian rock at the moment i found a station on winamp called the blast
it has really good music on it






Emo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #5786
Aubergine
You've got this.
 
Aubergine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

Well done for putting the blade somewhere else, Emo. That's really positive. :)

I'm listening to Christian music on Spotify. I've had a difficult day and it's making me feel empowered. :)



“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

This isn't everything you are.


Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #5787
cloudedmind
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I am currently:

Or else you can listen to Air1 radio or KLove (if you're not in the US you can get them online, like me :P) they play a range of stuff xx

cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #5788
Emo
OLDER THAN SPACE AND TIME - THE TARDIS
 
Emo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I am currently:

Thanks am listening to K love now
Ended up cutting :shame:







Emo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #5789
disenchantedxx
Disenchantedxx
 
disenchantedxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kent
I am currently:

Sorry if this question has already been asked.. but what does god say about SH in the bible?





disenchantedxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #5790
Fred!
Jesus loves me, however much I don't &lt;3
 
Fred!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I am currently:

I know I haven't been around here for ages, but I though I would answer your question joyjoyandmimi.

In the Old Testament (1 Kings 18), there is talk of the people who worship the false god Baal. '28 So they shouted louder and slashed themselves with swords and spears, as was their custom, until their blood flowed.'
Despite this act, the false god Baal never shows up.
God doesn't want people to hurt themselves. Your body is a temple of God. He lives within you. The people who didn't believe in God, the pagans, would cut themselves in mourning when a loved one died, but God says this is wrong.
There are other examples in the OT.

However, within the false religions, the people cut themselves to 'worship' their gods. God does not want us to do this. I think that most people here do not SH because they are trying to worship God through it. I personally, ignore God when I'm SHing. I don't do it to worship God. I do it because of stress, and depression and stress, etc... God doesn't want us to do it, but it's not like the cutting talked about in the OT, where they are trying to prove how much they worship the false gods.
Even in the New Testament, the mad man who 'would cry out and cut himself with stones' (Mark 5:5) was possessed with demons. Again, I don't think this is the case with people here.

There is a useful website http://www.self-injury.org/scriptureandsi.html which talks about SH in scripture.

Anyways. God bless you all :D



Death is one moment, and life is so many of them.

Don't look forward to the day you stop suffering, because when it comes you'll know you're dead.

~ Tennessee Williams


I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad,
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.


I'm actually a girl. My nickname was given by a friend and stuck ;)

Fred! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #5791
disenchantedxx
Disenchantedxx
 
disenchantedxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kent
I am currently:

Thank you that was very helpful.
Yeah I cut because of depression and anxiety, not false gods etc xx





disenchantedxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #5792
squiggles
 
squiggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I am currently:

Hi,
Thanks On My Way for the references. They are an encouragement, not ones I've looked at before either so it was refreshing.
Having another bad day, feeling close to tears which is really hard as I'm in work on my own today. My colleagues are all on leave or finished already because they are part time.
Wish I could finish early or just curl up in a ball and hide. Head is not here and have no concentration today.
SH would make me feel more alive but I'm not going to do it. I've made it 6 months and I won't give that up.
God bless all.
Liz

squiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #5793
cloudedmind
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I am currently:

Liz, hang in there. Any reason you're having a particularly bad day? Sending massive hugs :D And well done for 6 months free, that's amazing :) Loads of love xx

cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #5794
On.My.Way
Dare To Believe
 
On.My.Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

Hey, how is everyone? Anyone needing any prayer?
I got a lot of uni work atm and going on mission to Northern Ireland next week (leading a team) prayers appreciated.



QK <3


On.My.Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #5795
tamobhuuta
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.K.

will certainly pray. i could also do with prayers for the rest of my last year at uni and the choices beyond it.

praying for you all.



Zelo zelatus sum pro Domino Deo exercituum.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #5796
On.My.Way
Dare To Believe
 
On.My.Way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

Thanks Miriam, I'll be praying for you too.



QK <3


On.My.Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:49 AM   #5797
ForeverVera43
 
ForeverVera43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
I am currently:

Definitely enjoying reading everyone's posts. I appreciate such a strong group of Christians on here. And it's comforting to know I am not alone. Just letting y'all know that I am praying for you, and have been before I even came across this site. Often when I pray, I think of all the other SI'ers out there and I pray for y'all. I have such a big heart for y'all because I know what it's like firsthand. And I never have a doubt in my mind that all of you are going to get better one day. I believe in y'alls future so wholeheartedly.
Ps, Please pray for me and my SI lately. It's becoming pretty scary and I know it's dangerous so I just want to make sure I am safe. Thank you, God bless :)

ForeverVera43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #5798
cloudedmind
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I am currently:

Vera, thanks so much, it means a lot. It's good to have you here, too, and I will be praying for you.

I'm feeling kind of fed up about things at the moment, as I have applied for a gap year at Abundant Life Leadership Academy in Bradford, which consists of doing an awful lot of things that I feel passionate about, in a church setting where I feel comfortable. I visited and loved it, and it's the first thing I've been able to get excited thinking about with regards to what I want to do in the future.. So, I had an interview over Skype a few weeks ago, and it seems that my MH issues could be what stops me getting a place. I don't like that at all , as a lot of the course is to do with helping people (including those with MH problems, which is what I'd love to be able to do) and I felt like the experience I have could actually be used for good outcomes. But no. I'm still waiting for a second interview with some pastoral woman and also they want to speak to my mentor. It seems my own words (on paper and over Skype) and those of my boss, and youth leader (both of whom are Christian, too) are not enough. And I feel like I'm stuck. If MH problems stop me being able to do what I want to do (and it's taken me till this point to decide what I want to do so it's frustrating) then there's no point. :(

cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #5799
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it
 
PassedExpectations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Upstate New York
I am currently:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwtcwQwgdsA"]Tenth Avenue North - You Are More - YouTube[/ame]

i love this song and video




this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.



PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie


PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #5800
ForeverVera43
 
ForeverVera43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
I am currently:

Cloudedmind, Sometimes we can be so sure that a certain path is the correct one for us, and maybe the only one. But I kinda think that's because our vision is very nearsighted compared to God's vision. I almost imagine Him saying "Will you just please trust me on this and let me do the planning for once?!" lol when I start to try to decide what is the best route or choice is for myself. Not saying we shouldn't have our opinions about what we want to do, like it really sounds as if you have a clear idea that this is what you want to do. But maybe God is holding out on something super special for you. I do agree with you that it is unfair to be treated differently for MH issues. And also it is so true that people who have been through what you are/have been through, you can relate to on such a special level. So again, even though it seems like this whole thing is messed up and wrong, I strongly suggest praying and just giving the whole situation to God. He knows what to do with it.

He's got our backs, don't worry ;)

ForeverVera43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:23 AM.