RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #81
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.
 
Casper_Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over there and to the left
I am currently:

^_^ thanks Liv :)

I think i'll leave the thread up to the mods :)



"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."


- Dr. Seuss


Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:38 AM   #82
Love & Gratitude
 

All I really want to say is I have complete faith in our team of moderators, all of which are very capable of noticing if they need help, if they need more staff, if they need a break. I think the fact some have in the past had breaks is actually a testament to them in making their role stronger, not always signifying that they are going to jump the team soon.

What I don't think people understand is that the moderators have been working 2 mods down for a long time before anything official happened with Aimees leaving. They survived then [and I know, I saw it] and they will survive now.

Jess to personally answer your question of if they will be replaced, I know I am not on the team now but from what I witnessed before I "officially" departed they functioned as strong as ever. Truly, they're commendable for what they're doing and I think we have a right amount of them, too.

-Amy

  Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #83
surprising mystery
 
surprising mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Suffolk, UK
I am currently:

Jess, any of my comments about modding is definatly not directed at you, not at anyone, they were my general observations. *hugs*



L_M_G is my mummy :) inkerman and razorbladedarling are my two non-identical twin sprogs (concieved on same day) Scabette< cos she has the cutest puppy dog eyes and i cant resist!feeling-afraid< my bottle of glitter!! which i just have to have :Pmidnight stars< my gorgeous sister, whom i love to bits ;) Dance With The Fairy< *star*gazing*buddie :] Broken-Fairy is my partner in crime ;) little_miss is my real life saviour PaperClip is my stationary queen



surprising mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #84
typsee
....
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I am currently:

Havent had time to read all this thread as yet, but I did want to say that at the time this thread was made, the mod team had NOT been discussing the idea of bringing new mods onboard the forum moderating team, but then soon after this thread was posted and I saw it, I then decided to start a discussion with the current mods on whether they thought there was anyone on RYL at the moment who they feel would make a good mod.

So ... even though Jess has finished with this thread of hers now (and who could blame her! lol!) .... to answer the original question - no .... we hadnt been talking about getting in new mods, but it was something that I've been thinking about for a couple of months now, so now we ARE discussing it!

Personally - at this point in time, I DONT think that we are in desperate need of new mods, and I believe that the current mods are working really hard to not only cover all the mod workload, but also be active members of RYL ... and i think they are doing a damn fine job at it!

But then again, just a few short weeks ago, the situation was a bit dire in modsville, and our current mods did seem to be struggling to keep on top solely of all the post reports that were coming in!

So I definitely think that it wouldnt hurt things any to have some more mods on the team, so that not only can we continue to respond to your post reports in a timely manner, but also so a mod or two can go on a holiday, have a social ife, study for exams etc etc, without things having to get really stressed for the remaining poor mods who are frantically trying to keep up with the pace.

So yeah .... we're now going to have a talk about new mods - its something that I've been thinking about for a few months now, but just havent had the time to get around to organising ... but this thread has given me the push I needed to get the ball rolling!

All that being said, please dont expect new mods to pop up immediately - there is a whole process to this sort of thing (ie - new mod nominations made by our existing mods, narrowing down to a short list, conducting a vote etc) and because of the nature of the mod job, we definitely need to make sure that we choose the right sorts of people for the job .....

And in the distant past, there have been times when our new mod discussions have reached a bit of a stalemate because we havent been able to agree on any suitable members to make moderators!

But just so you are aware, the mods are now discussing the issue of new mods ..... and to answer Jess' other question, our current mods choose their new mod nominations from both the existing RYL staff, as well as from regular RYL membership .... but i think having already proved yourself to be trustworthy and hard-working in another RYL staff role, is definitely an advantage.


Hope that answers everything ... and I thank those mods who've been responding to the questions on this thread with the information that they had at the time - my current mods have not known what has been going on in my head, and that I was thinking of starting new mod discussions soon ... but now they do! ... and I believe Mrs Sam alluded to the start of our new mod discussions when she posted on this thread to say that we are doing something about this now.

typsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #85
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.
 
Casper_Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over there and to the left
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surprising mystery View Post
Jess, any of my comments about modding is definatly not directed at you, not at anyone, they were my general observations. *hugs*
Thank you for that *hugs back*



And thank you Typsee!



"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."


- Dr. Seuss


Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #86
beautiful&dying
I ain't thick it's just a trick
 
beautiful&dying's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cardiff
I am currently:

Are mods paid or anything? If there's no financial pressure, surely you can have quite a few?



How could you become as awesome as you are and still feel like a loser?
Pixie (my little sister) * QueerFringe (my daughter)* Dreamerandbeliever (my cuddly kitten) * Acrasia (my twinny)
(Currently have left this website so find me here if you want me)


beautiful&dying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #87
Popple
 
Popple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007

No mods are voulenteers but they take time to choose etc and its not as easy as just saying right you, you'll do..



You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.


Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #88
PropheticStar
 

Paid? Oh, how I wish :p

You can all chip in a few dollars if you like *looks hopeful*

:D

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #89
Popple
 
Popple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007

*throws skittles*



You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.


Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #90
Amaryllis
Forum Mod
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Yarnia
I am currently:

ooooh, could we be paid? That would be awesome!



Men come and go, but dust accumulates.

Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #91
Duffer44
Cake powered DUFF!!!
 
Duffer44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell
I am currently:

I could pay you in chocolate? :p




________________ ,,,,,,,,,,_
\__(=======/_=_/____.--'-`--.___
..................\ \ . `,--,--.___.----'
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.--`\\--'../
..............'---._____.|]

Duffer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #92
Amaryllis
Forum Mod
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Yarnia
I am currently:

That works!



Men come and go, but dust accumulates.

Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #93
Duffer44
Cake powered DUFF!!!
 
Duffer44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hell
I am currently:

*places chocolate in the middle of the mods and backs away*




________________ ,,,,,,,,,,_
\__(=======/_=_/____.--'-`--.___
..................\ \ . `,--,--.___.----'
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.--`\\--'../
..............'---._____.|]

Duffer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:26 PM   #94
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.
 
griddlebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London.
I am currently:

OMG CHOCOLATE




There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.


griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #95
PropheticStar
 

Mmmm, skittles, om nom nom!

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #96
user_name
 
user_name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I am currently:

Guys, stop with the frying pan, this is going to end in tears.

user_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #97
Amaryllis
Forum Mod
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Yarnia
I am currently:

Nonono, Irene is going to make quesadillas. That's all.



Men come and go, but dust accumulates.

Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #98
PropheticStar
 

She just cooked with that frying pan, so it will be hot and greasy.

If anyone needs me, I will be locked up in my bedroom, huddled into a ball, rocking and whimpering...

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #99
user_name
 
user_name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I am currently:

See! I knew it.

user_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #100
typsee
....
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I am currently:

Payment ....?

Did someone mention payment ...???

Coz I'll be requesting BACK PAY for all my years of past service as a mod ... and not of the frying pan variety! :)

typsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:26 AM.