RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
ameradian
you touch, but you can never really feel.
 
ameradian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:
Triggering (Suicide) - i'm suicidal - do i tell a counsellor?

for the last two weeks or so, i've felt terrible. its connected to stress from impending graduation, difficult schoolwork, money issues, and difficulties with my friends and my band. and its partially just me being me. i've thought about suicide plenty in the last few years, but its escalated this time. i've never felt this bad, all the time, for so long.

i can't really talk to any of my friends. none of them even know that i hurt myself. i've just built this false personality for them that doesn't have all the things i hate the most about myself.

fortunately, my uni has free counselling services. i used it two years ago and it was somewhat helpful. i wasn't suicidal back then though. now i'm afraid of what they'll do if i tell them i'm feeling suicidal. can/would they make me go to a psych ward? can/would they make me take drugs? am i being silly here?

i'm in canada, if that matters.



i am a plumeria brother.

ameradian is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 09-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #2
Janice
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I am currently:

Hey Amaradian,

I don't think they can make you do anything you don't agree to. Of course they might suggest plenty of things, but you're not a minor and you're functioning (going to school, maintaining social contact, etc.). You'd have to agree to whatever they want you to do before they can actually make you do it. So I'd say, yes, tell the counseler. Or if you don't want to tell the Counseler, at least tell someone. In a crisis situation, it's always good to have someone you can turn to ... if you want or need to.

Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #3
tamobhuuta
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.K.

tell the counsellor, i agree with Janice, i don't think they can make you do anything as you're 18. i hope they can help xxx



Zelo zelatus sum pro Domino Deo exercituum.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
x-dying-inside-x
*Dan*
 
x-dying-inside-x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: london
I am currently:

go talk to them tell them how you feel and your fears about telling people.
they only way they would put you in a psych ward isz if they think you are a danger to yourself or others hunny.
xxx



" my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave you during your times of trials and suffering. When you see only one set of footprints it was then that I carried you" you were carried out of are lifes into the next and when its my time to leave this life I know i will be carried into the next life with you.
I wish i had my world complete again.
'Can we protend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, i could really use a wish right now' BoB

x-dying-inside-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1
 
Steel Maiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London

Amaradian, my advice is for you to tell your counsellor, definitely.



PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.


Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
dark_light
 
dark_light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester
I am currently:

Hi Amaradian
I would definatley go and ask for some help, you can tell them as much as you feel comfortable but its best to tell them as much as you can and be as honest as you can so they can offer you the right help.
They won't force anything on you unless they thought you were an immediate risk to yourself or others. They may suggest seeing a doctor about meds but it would be up to you if you took them in the end so its always worth being honest i think.
Good luck with it x



"Because you don't notice the light without a bit of shadow.
Everything has both dark and light.
You have to play with it until you get it exactly right."

dark_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
pixiedust
 
pixiedust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
I am currently:

It's definitely a good idea to tell a counsellor. It's unlikely that they'll force you into a psych ward but they might suggest seeing a doctor about medication. Ultimately they're there to support you though.



Sometimes the way in life seems cloudy...But remember, after the storm comes clear skies

pixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #8
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?
 
sherlock holmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004

Definately tell them.

They cant force you to do anything, unless it got to a point where they believed you were a serious risk to yourself (ie about to commit suicide) and then they could forceably admit you to a psych ward, but it shouldnt have to get to that stage.

It's positive that you want to get help.



Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.


sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:39 AM.