RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14-12-2007, 12:25 AM   #1
everythingwhereitbelongs
 
everythingwhereitbelongs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: York/Scarborough
I am currently:
Desperately wanting a solution but am too scared too look

Hey
I've never really ventured into this part of RYL before....mostly because I've been too scared...

Basically to put things very very simply:I am not right, I am not ok, I am the complete opposite of everything I should be. I've moved towns, lost all my friends, and generally feel like I have lost myself in the process.

Being alone here has left me with no choice but to sit and think about my life. About the past. And this has had really bad consequences (if you want a better understanding, a lot about my past is explained in this thread: http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...ad.php?t=23895) I've started cutting again, after over 18 months of 'recovery' and the whole thing is getting so unsettling. I don't know myself at all. I'm not sleeping, hardly eating, and have no motivation to do the things I love, and the thought of going to college to be with people who don't truely know me, and who I can't show I'm upset, terrifies me. Basically, everything has taken a massive turn for the worst.

As you may have gathered, things are not always like this. Like I've said, I was 18 months cut free, and i did that on my own pretty much. But the thing is, I have cycles like this. My life is and always has been one big cycle-I feel really good about myself, and get on with life, and feel just fine, but slowly but surely, that progresses and life gets darker. And then I end up here and this is where I will stay for a long, long time. And then things get lighter again and the cycle continues. I honestly cannot remember a time where this has not happened.

Now I know that people will say 'o but having bad times is normal'. I've thought that often myself, I mean, I seem to have a big inferiority problem to my own issues anyway, I'm terrified of facing them in case I'm making a fuss over nothing. But, well, this isn't normal really. It's not normal to succomb to mass phases of complete depression and self loathing and not feeling good enough for anything apart from SI. It's getting so bad.

And it's starting to scare me.

I've never had a diagnosis before, so I've never known whether this is normal, or whether I do have some form of 'mental illness '(I shudder at those words....) But the more I think, and the older I've become, and the more I can sit back and look at how I've been and how I've got this way, I can't help but think that it is possible. I've spent so much time searching for infomation on different illnesses, or a better way of putting it, searching for an answer. I want to be better again. I want to think normally. I want to be normal. So the more I want that, the more I want to understand...but it scares me so so much.

I've read up quite a lot about things. And the more I read, the more I can see myself in the descriptions, certainly PTSD and Borderline Personality Disorder. But now that I've read up about them, and feel so close to an answer, a label, a name for how I'm feeling, the more scared I am of someone turning round to me and telling me I'm just over reacting. That's one of my biggest fears. I just want to be better, I want to be better so I can move on with my life, so my boyfriend stops worrying about me, so I stop worrying about everything else. I feel so trapped. And because I'm on my own in this town there is noone I can talk to about it properly. My doctor is still in my old town 50 miles away so it's not practical to see her.

I don't really know what to do to be honest. Am I taking things to far? Too fast? Should I just try and ignore it and get on like I have all my life? Or am I right to be trying to confront it? Am I right in wanting a label for how my mind works?

Please help me I'm so confused and just want desperately to be better.

Thanks for taking your time reading this, sorry it's so long,
Please help

etwib
xxxxx



Human emotion is our strength and weakness, we would die not to feel...but to not feel is to die
--------------------------------------------
(AndBreathe is my angel)


everythingwhereitbelongs is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 14-12-2007, 01:38 AM   #2
everythingwhereitbelongs
 
everythingwhereitbelongs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: York/Scarborough
I am currently:

Thank you :) I'm relieved that I'm not just being dismissed....:)

As far as doctors are concerned, I don't think I can arrange an appointment until we've actually transferred doctors. Other than that I guess I could make an appointment for when I go back to my old town for New Year but then I wouldnt know what they could do seeing as I live far away now and wouldn't be able to make regular appointments there.

However, I have arranged for the possiblitly of counselling sessions-I have my induction meeting on Monday but from then I just get put on a waiting list according to how they think I'm coping and how at risk I am. I don't know how long I'll have to wait for after that....which I'm nervous about....in fact I'm terrified of the whole idea of counselling but it will make my boyfriend happier and seeing as he lives in my old town still, I know he needs to feel as secure about the situation as possible-I mean, he's had a LOT to take on board this month...but he's a star with it at the end of the day, he's not ran away from me like I'd braced myself for, so I'm willing to do this for him...and myself even if I am terrified....

Another issue I'm having is the cost of therepies should the need arise. I basically cannot afford it, and I don't want my family to know to be honest...it makes things a lot more complicated at the end of the day, and I don't want to spoil what a nice, good vibe we have generally as a family like my self harm has done in the past. And I'm not one for wanting the inevitable attention it brings to oneself when people discover that you're not feeling ok and that you've been slashing your arms every night as a way of coping....no I'd much rather sort this myself thanks....But yeah...cost worries me...but no doubt I'm thinking too far ahead : )

Thanks again
xxx
and I love your avater :)



Human emotion is our strength and weakness, we would die not to feel...but to not feel is to die
--------------------------------------------
(AndBreathe is my angel)


everythingwhereitbelongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2007, 02:03 AM   #3
everythingwhereitbelongs
 
everythingwhereitbelongs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: York/Scarborough
I am currently:

I have my first counselling session tomorrow-a step I have never taken before and I'm terrified to be perfectly honest....any advice?



Human emotion is our strength and weakness, we would die not to feel...but to not feel is to die
--------------------------------------------
(AndBreathe is my angel)


everythingwhereitbelongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2007, 09:04 AM   #4
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Just be yourself and say what your worries are. I hope it goes well for you. Let us know how you get on.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #5
everythingwhereitbelongs
 
everythingwhereitbelongs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: York/Scarborough
I am currently:

*breathes*

I did it. I took the plunge. I'm being enrolled onto a 20 week counselling/therapy course in the new year. Which is strangely relieving actually. I chatted with the head of counselling for an hour about the basics of my issues and even managed to tell her about my SI without using stupid metaphors. I couldnt tell her about the abuse like, but I did give her a copy of the post I put in the abuse forum so she could understand. All things considering I am really proud of myself.

xxx



Human emotion is our strength and weakness, we would die not to feel...but to not feel is to die
--------------------------------------------
(AndBreathe is my angel)


everythingwhereitbelongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #6
Stellata
 
Stellata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London area

Good for you. :) I'm so pleased.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:40 PM.