RYL Forums


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2016, 12:20 AM   #1
lilred
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Is Seroquel (quetiapine) worth the side effects?

A few months ago I was on a super low dose of Seroquel (25 mg at first, then 12.5 mg). I was doing really good on it and didn't like the side effect having to sleep the medicine off for 12 hours, so I got permission from the psychiatrist to go off of it. Withdraw was awful, I barely slept a week. It really did work last time and now that I'm struggling again the dr gave me the choice to go back on it. Is it worth taking when I have to sleep all the time?

lilred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:28 AM   #2
HopeRises
 
HopeRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: UK

What version did you take? Did you take the prolonged release version?
I also believe but don't quote me on it that the bigger the dose the less sedating it can be



Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in




HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:29 AM   #3
lilred
 
Join Date: Feb 2012

No, it wasn't the prolonged release one. The bottle says quetiapine fumarate. The small dose I was on worked and it even worked when I started halving the pills, so I don't think my dose would increase.

lilred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:14 PM   #4
lilred
 
Join Date: Feb 2012

I was on it for bipolar, not for sleep. Sorry should have clarified in my original post.

lilred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:08 PM   #5
tiptoes
Forum Mod
 
tiptoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
I am currently:

The dosing range of quetiapine is quite large and depending on the symptoms it is being used to treat will determine the dose. As others have said it gets less sedating with higher doses.

I take it for bipolar and it has been the best medication I have tried, depending on what symptoms of my bipolar need controlling my dose changes quite a bit and I have found it less sedating with time.

If it was helpful before, maybe it would be worth discussing trying it again?



In my dreams I slew the dragon


tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:35 PM   #6
Ballerina123
XXX
 
Ballerina123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North east England
I am currently:

I guess if you have been on it before than you are the best judge.

I know that's not what you want hear but really if you know how it affects you it's up to you to make a decision about weather you can tolerate it baring in mind the advantages.



The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.


Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.


Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:05 PM   #7
lilred
 
Join Date: Feb 2012

Thank you all, I think I'm gonna go back on it, because last time it helped me stop cutting (impulse control). I am not looking forward to the withdrawal but I can deal with that when it comes. For now, I guess it's best just to stay safe.

lilred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:07 PM   #8
lilred
 
Join Date: Feb 2012

Tiptoes, what kind of symptoms require a higher dosage? I did find 25 mg to be helpful with my impulse control issues.

lilred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 11:29 PM   #9
lilred
 
Join Date: Feb 2012

I had an absolutely horrible vivid nightmare that seemed to last all night last night and I know it was because of the quetiapine. Anyone else have this?

lilred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:59 AM.