|
Reviews Requested- Contains upsetting material - Just wrote a poem
I just wrote this, wondered what people thought - could be upsetting to some I guess so only read if safe!
Dear Alcohol
Just a little note to say
I hate you more and more each day
My loving Dad you took away
So that is why I hate you today
I hate the way you taste and smell
The way you make so many unwell
For some people, you make their lives hell
When I hear about 'drink' I hear a death knell
I hate you because I feel left out
My choice not to drink you makes most people pout
But alcohol, please, be of no doubt
I hate you, so you, I can live without
I hate you for changing the people I love
Into idiots I have to be patient of
Normally, my friends, they fit like a glove
But a few drinks inside and I want to give them a shove
Alcohol I really hate you today
For making me different in this one small way
I will never be accepted and every fathers day
I think of my loving Dad, who you took away
So alcohol, I hate you today and here is why
To my loving Dad, I say with a sigh
I miss you, every day that goes by
Time has not healed since we said goodbye.
What do you think? Any good, or total rubbish?
|