RYL Forums


Forum Jump
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1
 
Steel Maiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Vestibular Migraines.

My GP said I have vestibular migraines.

I've been having a continuous one for over a week now. Not only do I get severe headaches, I also get vertigo, swaying, nausea and double vision.

It's got to the point now where I'm housebound because even walking down the street without falling down is exhausting. When I walk I look a bit drunk.

I've been taken off Propranolol for the migraines because it wasn't working and I nearly got heart block on it. I cannot tolerate Topiramate, and Valproate is not an option due to interactions. Those were the three medications my neurologist suggested to my GP. I am now not on medication and I'm awaiting a so-apparently urgent neurologist appointment to come through.

This thread is not for asking medical advice per se, but I am not sure what I can do about this. If I call my GP, it will take her 2+ days to get back to me, as all the calls go to reception. Do I go into a walk-in centre? I'm not sure.



PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.


Steel Maiden is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch
 
Bellatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Everywhere
I am currently:

I'd call 111 and see what the suggest. You may be able to get an OOH Gp appointment for the evening.




Imperfection is underrated.



Bellatrix is offline  
Old 12-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1
 
Steel Maiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London

Thanks.



PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.


Steel Maiden is offline  
Old 12-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
beautiful_seclusion
 
beautiful_seclusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: U.S.
I am currently:

I don't know about vestibular headaches specifically, but has your doctor ever tried sumatriptan (immitex)? That works pretty well for migraines for me, although it is sedating and can't be used too often. If you haven't tried that, maybe ask your gp if that's an option?



Stereotypes are the epitome of human laziness.
- me


beautiful_seclusion is offline  
Old 17-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1
 
Steel Maiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London

I cannot take the triptans because I'm on an SSRI and would get serotonin syndrome.

I'm awaiting news from my neurologist.



PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.


Steel Maiden is offline  
 


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:25 AM.