RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Bipolar (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86372)

Lost_Girl 21-02-2009 05:47 AM

Bipolar
 
I dont have insurace and even if I did I don't think I would go to a dr. I have done a lot of research and at times I realy do think I am bipolar. anyone that is bipolar have advice on how to cope with the mood swings :-( :woot: and never ending racing thoughts :pinch: and the either always being tired or :jumpin: bouncing off the walls?

:confused: Im not sure what to do, some days I feel like im losing my mind.

Geranium 21-02-2009 06:33 AM

There is NO WAY any one on here can diagnose you. If your concerns are really serious you will somehow need to find a way to see a doctor. Having said that if you have not yet reached your 20's there is a good chance that your moods will stabilise with time.

A couple of things worth looking into anyway: for mood swings CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) which you can work through from books.

Also useful
*****-worlds most hypocrital piece of advice coming up ..******
Regulate your sleep patterns. ie try for around 8 hours AT THE SAME TIME every night.

inblack 23-02-2009 06:07 AM

Well as has been said it can't be diagnosed here, however, whether or not you are bi-polar, the strategies for dealing with the behaviors associated with bi-polar that you are experiencing will be the same.

Unfortunately I don't know any strategies for this. You're on the right track asking on forums. Trying googling "bipolar forums" and ask the questions on there. I would avoid saying anything about suspecting you're bi-polar because people will start jumping on you about not having a proper diagnosis. Just ask specifically about the behavior and strategies other people have used.

bleeding black 23-02-2009 09:36 AM

I have to back what Geranium said, we really can't tell you what you have. I think it is important to seek an opinion (in any way you can) before treating yourself.

Quote:

I would avoid saying anything about suspecting you're bi-polar because people will start jumping on you about not having a proper diagnosis
I have to disagree. There are reasons people jump on you for these things, it is very unwise and potentially dangerous to self-diagnose. You need to make sure you are getting the right treatment for whatever you are having issues with.

Hope all goes well
ash


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.