![]() |
Songs & Quotes That've Saved You In The Past.
This might be in the wrong place so feel free to move it if it is mods :)
But yeah, I was at one of my usual boring counselling DBT sesison thingy's & they said you've got to do a poster with lyrics, poems, quotes etc that have saved your life. So I was just wondering... What has saved people's lives in the past? :) :yeah: |
"Lord, Help me walk
Another mile, just one more mile; I'm tired of walkin' all alone." ~ Lyrics by Larry Gatlin. Those are the only inspirational lyrics I can recall. Mostly what helps me are lyrics that completely express how I'm feeling. Getting that indentifiation helps me feel less alone, and helps me make sense of my life. Lots of Lyrics by Kris Kristofferson help: Well you fight like the devil to Just keep your head above water Chained to whatever you got That you can't throw away You got your hunger And some problems that are real And you're dealing with some demons Who are driving you insane And I've seen them drag you screaming Down the hallways of your brain If happiness is empty rooms And drinkin’ in the afternoon Well I suppose I’m happy as a clam I can read my fortune in the bottom of a glass And I can see it's time for me to make my last request Won't you fill my grave with whiskey when I'm laid away to rest So the boys can say I drank my way to hell My thirsty wanted whisky; my hungry needed beans, But it'd been of month of paydays since I'd heard that eagle scream. So with a stomach full of empty and a pocket full of dreams, I left my pride and stepped inside a bar. And I dont even regret the living That Ill be leaving behind. Ive gotten weary of searching For something I couldnt find. |
All the songs off Bryan Adams Spirit Soundtrack
I know their for kids - but the lyrics are amazing and I love Bryan Adams Especially the one line You Cant Take Me....Im Free. Also Take That - Shine Because all the lyrics are so beautiful. |
I like Papa Roach's "Scars". The quote I've got in my sig is from that and it has really helped me in the past along with Puddle of Mudd's "Blurry". There are some others but I can't think right now
|
Stand in the rain - Superchick
She never slows down She doesn't know why but she knows that when She's all alone feels Like it's all coming down She won't turn around The shadows are long And she fears if she cries That first tear The tears will not stop Raining down So stand in the rain Stand your ground Stand up when it's all crashing down You stand through the pain You won't drown And one day what's lost can be found You stand in the rain She won't make a sound Alone in this fight with herself And the fears whispering If she stands, she'll fall down She wants to be found but The only way out is through everything she's running from Wants to give up and lie down Say Anything - Marianas Trench....turn it up real loud at the beginning. I never took you for a trick but sometimes I don't know what you want I can take it if you need to take this out on someone That little thing with her head held so high talking tough when I cut myself so I could feel something I know is not a lie That one stings a little I'm always in the middle I don't expect but try me And you will always find me here This is where I scream from You can take it all away and I'll miss There's a little bit of you in all this And you can say you only think you know, yeah Please, there's a better bit of me to see yet Cause you haven't seen any of my best You know I hate myself without you now ya,Hurts the same when nobody knows I guess that's just how it goes And I won't say anything at all I was talking on a dollar sign anxious, scared of what you need Everybody wants a piece of you Everyone takes a piece of me That one stings a little I'm always in the middle I don't expect but try me And you will always find me here This is where I scream from ya,You can take it all away and I'll miss There's a little bit of you in all this And you can say you only think you know, yeah Please, there's a better bit of me to see yet Cause you haven't seen any of my best You know I hate myself without you now ya,Hurts the same when nobody knows I guess that's just how it goes And I won't say anything at all This is the hook Take it like you took I'm shaking like I shook before Never ever getting better off and I can only watch This is where I stopped before Not another piece of me I always slip away from I always slip away from I won't say anything but ya,You can take it all away and I'll miss There's a little bit of you in all this And you can say you only think you know, yeah Please, there's a better bit of me to see yet Cause you haven't seen any of my best You know I hate myself Hurts the same when nobody knows I guess that's just how it goes And I won't say anything at all I won't say anything at all I won't say anything at all Quote: Reach for the moon even if you miss you'll land amongst the stars. |
Believe by Yellowcard.
Everything is gonna be alright, Everything is gonna be alright, Be strong, believe. That's the chorus, I can't think of the verses off the top of my head, but it's a really good, inspiring song. |
The song in my signature actually helps me a lot. It's called Better Place Better Time and it's by a band called Streetlight Manifesto
And so she wakes up in time to break down She left a note up on the dresser and she's right on time You don't know anything right or wrong I said I know and she said so I wanna panic but I've had it so I go You don't owe anything to anyone But don't take your life 'cause it's all that you've got You'd be better off just off and leaving if you don't think they will stop And when you wake up everything is gonna be fine I guarantee that you wake in a better place in a better time So you're tired of living feel like you might give in well don't it's not your time Looking through the paper today looking for a specific page Don't wanna find her full name followed by dates because when i left her alone she made a sound, like a moan "You're known by everyone for everything you've done" **** buying flowers for graves I'd rather buy you a one way non-stop to anywhere find anyone do anything forget and start again, love She said she won't go (and that's that) It hurts too much to stand by you've got to stop and draw a line Everyone here has to choose a side tonight the moment of truth is haunting you Don't forget your family regardless what you choose to do You can't decide and they're all screaming "why won't you?" I'll start the engine but I can't take this ride for you I'll draw your bath and I'll load your gun I hope so bad that you bathe and hunt Annie's tired of forgetting about today and always planning for tomorrow (tomorrow) Tomorrow and she says, "The saddest day I came across was when I learned that life goes on without me" (without me) Without me and she says, "If everyone has someone else, then I ain't got nobody's love to save me" (save me) Save me, and she says "I think I'll pass away tonight, 'cause it seems I'll never get it right, it's just me" (just reality) And when you wake up everything is gonna be fine Guarantee that you wake in a better place in a better time So you're tired of living feel like you might give in well don't It's not your time Annie says she wouldn't mind if they never find a cure for all her problems (her problems) Proplems and she says, as long as she has someone near to make it clear she does not need to solve them (solve them) Solve them and she says, "oh, this loneliness is killing me, it's filling me with anger and resentment (resentment) Resentment and she says, "I'm turning into someone that I never thought I'd have to be again" And when you wake up everything is gonna be fine Guarantee that you wake up in a better place in a better time So you're tired of living you feel like you might give in well don't It's not your time Annie's tired of forgetting about today and always planning for tomorrow Tommorow and she says, "The saddest day i came across was when I learned that life goes on without me" Without me and she says, "If everyone has someone else, then I ain't got nobody's love to save me" Save me and she says, "I think I'll pass away tonight, 'cause it seems I'll never get it right, it's just me" Annie says! when you wake up everything is going to be fine I guarantee that you wake in a better place in a better time So you're tired of living and feel like you might give in well don't It's not your time And even if it was Oh I wouldn't let you go you could run run run run but I will follow close Someday you will say "that's it, that's all" but I'll be waiting there with open arms to break your fall I know that you think that you're on your own but just know that I'm here and I'll lead you home if you let me She said "forget me" but I can't |
Sixx am-accidents can happen
Don't give up, it takes a while I have seen this look before And it's alright You're not alone If you don't love this anymore I hear that you've slipped again I'm here 'cause i know you'll need a friend And you know that accidents can happen And it's okay, We all fall off the wagon sometimes It's not your whole life It's only one day You haven't thrown everything away. Take some time and learn to breathe And remember what it means To feel alive And to believe Something more than what you see I know there's a price for this But some things in life you must resist And you know that accidents can happen And it's okay, We all fall off the wagon sometimes It's not your whole life It's only one day You haven't thrown everything away. I hear that you've slipped again I'm here 'cause i know you'll need a friend And you know that accidents can happen And it's okay, We all fall off the wagon sometimes It's not your whole life It's only one day You haven't thrown everything away. You know that accidents can happen And it's okay, We all fall off the wagon sometimes It's not your whole life It's only one day You haven't thrown everything away. So don't give up It takes a while. Lou Reed-Perfect day Just a perfect day, Drink Sangria in the park, And then later, when it gets dark, We go home. Just a perfect day, Feed animals in the zoo Then later, a movie, too, And then home. Oh it's such a perfect day, I'm glad I spent it with you. Oh such a perfect day, You just keep me hanging on, You just keep me hanging on. Just a perfect day, Problems all left alone, Weekenders on our own. It's such fun. Just a perfect day, You made me forget myself. I thought I was someone else, Someone good. Oh it's such a perfect day, I'm glad I spent it with you. Oh such a perfect day, You just keep me hanging on, You just keep me hanging on. You're going to reap just what you sow, You're going to reap just what you sow, You're going to reap just what you sow, You're going to reap just what you sow... |
A song that got me through some of my hard times and stop me doing 'things' is 'My Immortal - Evanescence' A random song I know but...
Another one is from Fame- the stage show version I'm Alive and i'll survive Show the world that I can take it When I Hit the heights Put my name in the lights Show the world that I can make it |
Ludacris-runaway love has kinda helped me sometimes too.
"Sometimes I feel like running away myself. So do me a favour right now, and close your eyes, and picture us running away together. When we come back, everything's gonna be allright. Open your eyes." and tupac-baby dont cry "I feel you .. But you can't, you can't give up Baby don't cry, i hope you got your head up Even when the road is hard, never give up Even though it wasn't me, i could feel the grief Thinkin with your brains blown that would make the pain go No! you got to find a way to survive Cause they win when your soul dies" |
fighter - christina aguilira
After all you put me through You'd think I'd despise you But in the end I wanna thank you 'cause you made that much stronger Well I thought I knew you, thinkin' that you were true Guess I, I couldn't trust called your bluff time is up 'Cause I've had enough You were there by my side, always down for the ride But your joy ride just came down in flames 'Cause your greed sold me out of shame, mhm After all of the stealing and cheating you probably think that I hold resentment for you But uh uh, oh no, you're wrong 'Cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do, I wouldn't know Just how capable I am to pull through So I wanna say thank you 'Cause it Chorus: Makes me that much stronger Makes me work a little bit harder Makes me that much wiser So thanks for making me a fighter Made me learn a little bit faster Made my skin a little bit thicker Makes me that much smarter So thanks for making me a fighter Never saw it coming, all of your backstabbing Just so you could cash in on a good thing before I'd realize your game I heard you're goin' round playin', the victim now But don't even begin feeling I'm the one to blame 'Cause you dug your own grave After all of the fights and the lies 'cause you're wanting to haunt me But that won't work anymore, no more, no no It's over 'Cause if it wasn't for all of your torture I wouldn't know how to be this way now and never back down So I wanna say thank you 'Cause it How could this man I thought I knew Turn out to be unjust so cruel Could only see the good in you Pretended to not to see the truth You tried to hide your lies, disguise yourself Through living in denial But in the end you'll see YOU-WON'T-STOP-ME I am a fighter and I I ain't goin' stop There is no turning back I've had enough |
We Are Broken-Paramore
Rise Above This-Seether A Few Small Bruises-Maria Mena Broken-Lindsay Haun Accidents Can Happen-Sixx: A.M. The Adventure-Angels and Airwaves Slip Out The Back-Fort Minor Little House-The Fray Absence of Fear-Jewel Never Too Late-Three Days Grace there's more too but that gives you a basic idea =) |
Footprints in the sand
I found this Poem by mary stevenson to be inspirational:
One night I had a dream. I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.. Across the sky flashed scenes from my life.. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me, and the other to the Lord.. When the last scene of my life flashed before me, The Lord replied:I looked back at the footprints in the sand. I noticed that many times along the path of my life there was only one set of footprints. I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life.This really bothered me and I questioned the Lord about it: "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I need you most you would leave me." "My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you." by Mary Stevenson |
For songs...
Josh Groban - Don't Give up, you are loved- because it's an amazing song Good Charlotte -Hold On- John Mayer-Say- Because people are always telling me to just let it out Rascal Flatts-Stand- An amazing song Plus 44-Make you smile- Because eveynight my coach (who knows) who drive me home from the gym this song would play and it reminds me of him and so I can't hurt myself when I'm listening to it And a new addition Goo Goo dolls and Elmo ([ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNmtYf9-TLI"]YouTube - Goo Goo Dolls and Elmo[/ame]) I think it was aimeeinwonderland who up loaded it. It's so cute <3 My favorite quotes are -Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tommorow -Where are you? Here What time is it? Now -The ones who are the hardest to love are often the ones who need it the most -Everything has a purpose, even this, and it's up to you to find it -Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the decision that something is more important. -I love you because the look on your face doesn't change when you look at my scars. Everything that certain people have ever said to me. They've saved more than anyone will ever know<3 |
Good charlotte - hold on
Hold on if you feel like letting go. Hold on, it gets better than you know. |
"& sooner or later its over but i just don't wanna miss you right now, & i don't want the world to see me cause i don't think they'd understand, when everythings made to be broken i just want you to know who i am"
- iris by the goo goo dolls. |
"Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact."
-William James "i hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow and each road leads you where you wanna go and if your faced with a choice and you have to choose i hope you choose the one that means the most to you and if one door opens to another door closed i hope you keep on walkin till you find the window if its cold outside show the world the warmth of your smile and more than anything more than anything my wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to your dreams stay big your worries stay small and you never need to carry more than you can hold and while your out there gettin where your gettin to i hope you know somebody loves you and wants the same things too yeah this is my wish" Rascal Flatts - My Wish |
Joshua Radin - Everything'll Be Alright (Will's Lullaby)
Quote:
Said by my friend Dan: You know what, do what you want then. Be stubborn. Just know that you are worth so much more than what you want to do. You're beautiful and to hear that you want to do something so ugly just kills me. If you want to cut, I can't stop you. But maybe you'll reconsider. It's screwed up so many relationships, and I don't want it to hurt ours. Please babe, not tonight. |
"I care about you"
Sometimes that's all it needs.. |
"better days" by the goo goo dolls
|
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:48 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.