RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   He wants to be single (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48889)

zowie 26-05-2008 05:57 PM

He wants to be single
 
He told me he wants to be single for a while. He said he'll still see me, come over when I need him, give me cuddles whenever I need them. But he wants to be classed as single.
He says he's just feeling rough at the moment and wants one less thing to have to worry about, like a relationship. I didn't think I was 'something to worry about' :crying:
First he said for about a year, while I get college out of the way, then he said he might just want to be single over the summer because he doesn't want to leave me for that long. But doesn't that sound a little suspect? To be single over the summer, doesn't that mean he'll want to flirt with other girls?
And he said it was because college would get in the way of our relationship, but I wont be at college and he wont be at uni over the summer.
This is absolutely killing me. I love him so much it hurts.
I keep feeling like it's my fault:
I shouldn't have put on so much weight
I shouldn't have been in hospital four times this year
I shouldn't have pushed him away everytime he wanted sex

I don't deserve to live. I don't want to live without him.

l'il esky 26-05-2008 06:28 PM

sweetie, you cant help being ill. i'd maybe have a chat with him to work out exactly why he just wants to be single over the summer. its not fair that he's putting it on you-referring to you as something to worry about!
please take care of yourself, you are special remember this,dont let him get you down!!! x

irkeninvader 26-05-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zowie (Post 793083)
I keep feeling like it's my fault:
I shouldn't have put on so much weight
I shouldn't have been in hospital four times this year
I shouldn't have pushed him away everytime he wanted sex

I don't deserve to live. I don't want to live without him.


If any of these are reasons that he wants to be classes as single then it's not your fault at all and he doesn't deserve you. You do deserve to live hun, and you deserve to be happy. I hope it all works out for you. As the others have said, I think you should ask him to be clear on why he wants to be single, it's not fair not giving you a proper reason. Take care *hugs*

vrinda_sevini 27-05-2008 01:01 AM

But doesn't that sound a little suspect? To be single over the summer, doesn't that mean he'll want to flirt with other girls?

yup, sounds like that

and i agree with irken
if he wants to be single for those reasons he doesn't deserve you
*huggles*

zowie 27-05-2008 05:46 PM

Thank you all. I think I'll take your advice and talk to him. I find it really hard to talk about my feelings and my fears over this, so I might write him a letter. What do you think? x

dark_light 27-05-2008 07:24 PM

I think you need to clear a few things up so you properly know where you stand. It could give you a chance to focus on you and getting 100% better.
Hope writing the letter helped and that it helps when you give it to him.
You do deserve to live and be happy and this will happen.
Jo xxx

irkeninvader 27-05-2008 09:46 PM

If you feel uncomfortable talking, a letter is a good idea. I'm able to open up more when I write/type - I can't talk about myself face to face - it feels to much like a confrontation.

I hope it all goes well hun, I'm here if you need someone to talk to

vrinda_sevini 29-05-2008 11:18 AM

i agree, a letter is a good idea
hope it goes out fine
*hugs*


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.