RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Dreams about SH? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225299)

waytorecovery 30-07-2014 12:06 AM

Dreams about SH?
 
Does anyone else have dreams about SH? I have them every now and then, whether I've relapsed or if I'm clean. Right now I'm several months clean and I had a random one last night. Do you think it means anything?

Lone Star 30-07-2014 08:20 AM

Sometimes dreams cover things we are scared of. I wouldn't put too much thought into the dream itself, it probably just means you're scared of a relapse since you're clean. I want to assume when you have those dreams after relapse, it's your guilty conscience.

talaiporia 31-07-2014 12:48 AM

Yes, and I've dreamt about SI-related things, like my sister self-harming (not true). It's scary and weird, and they're often a manifestation of things that are going on in our day, unravelling in our dreams. Have you been thinking about self harm in the day?

waytorecovery 31-07-2014 06:14 AM

Yeah, I think about it every day... which is pretty bad now that I realize that :S I don't know why but I can't stop thinking about it, even when I'm clean :/

Sara2010 31-07-2014 11:36 PM

@waytorecovery, I am the same way. I can go six months without doing it and I still think on it daily. It's the most frustrating thing about recovery. And to make it worse, people don't know that you are fighting with it daily. Seems to always lead to my slip ups.
I have had a few dreams in the past. I rarely dream though, so it isn't often. It's very disorienting to dream about it, especially when you are clean


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.