RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Need a New TV Show (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213564)

NothingButWords 15-09-2013 07:34 PM

Need a New TV Show
 
What it says in the title. I need something new to obsess over.

I've watched:

Doctor Who
Sherlock
Robin Hood
Once Upon a Time
Castle
Bones
The Vampire Diaries
House
Glee
Rizzoli and Isles

Also some sitcoms, but I prefer drama so if anyone has any good shows to recommend...

FabulousMike 15-09-2013 07:39 PM

Big Bang Theory,
Criminal Minds,
Eureka,
The IT Crowd,
The Wire,
The Corner,
Boardwalk Empire.

FranticMind 15-09-2013 08:40 PM

you can watch episodes of Torchwood on netflix :)

FabulousMike 15-09-2013 08:43 PM

Netflix is where it's at!

Revolving Door 19-09-2013 06:24 PM

Under the Dome
Dexter
Alley McBeal
Frasier
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel
Fringe
Breaking Bad
Greys Anatomy
ER
Revenge
Homeland
Emily Owens MD
Scrubs
Alcatraz
Dollhouse
Supernatural
Ghost Whisperer
Heros
The Fades
Lie to Me
Psych

....to name a few. I find just going on Amazon and looking at recommendations based on what you enjoy.

ARW1988 20-09-2013 10:50 PM

Firefly
The Newsroom
Whitechapel
The West Wing
How I Met Your Mother
Blue Bloods
Friends
24
....Can't think of any others which haven't been mentioned here.

Rhapsody 21-09-2013 06:27 AM

Misfits. Watch Misfits.

Charmed 22-09-2013 05:31 PM

I third (is that correct phrase?!) Supernatural and the Big Bang Theory.

Also Charmed ;)

FabulousMike 22-09-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmed (Post 3660852)
I third (is that correct phrase?!)

Technically no, normally someone puts a motion forward, someone seconds it then it moves to a vote. Just felt the urge to put that out there.

As in 'I say we eat pancakes' someone then says 'I second that' then it moves to a vote.

Sorry, i'll shut up now.

Revolving Door 22-09-2013 07:25 PM

YES Gilmore girls!

Black Books
A Bit of Fry and Lorrie
Jeeves and Wooster!
Fire Fly
Friends!

Just to add some votes to those shows!

And Mike (I am guessing it is Mike) I like learning things so you have given me my fact of the day! Learn something new everyday and remember it. :)

FabulousMike 22-09-2013 07:27 PM

It sure is Mike :) I'm glad I could teach someone something.

SirEffinBarsteward 23-09-2013 10:14 AM

Arrow
Game of Thrones

Faulty item 23-09-2013 01:05 PM

Take the high road.
I find tv difficult now , i get easily anxious and end up worrying and reading stuff in the programmes that somehow connects or gives answers to me.
I can watch ren and stimpy though and that does make me laugh .
I listen to a lot of radio and always have done.
I started watching prison break upto episode 5 in 1st series and found it to stressful but enjoyable.
I did watch every season of the wire though, that was a fine production.

lildarkone 26-09-2013 10:20 AM

If you love Drama then I recommend Burn Notice. It gets kind of dark near the final season, but it's extremely engaging and you become engrossed in the characters.
I also recommend the new series Sleepy Hollow if you can find a place that's showing the episodes. There's only two so far, but it's pretty interesting so far.

Charmed 26-09-2013 06:54 PM

Haha thanks Mike, that is definitely good to know :P

Daenerys 26-09-2013 08:14 PM

Continuum
Person of Interest
The Following
Falling Skies
Banshee (amazing!)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.