RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Help! A cross stitch question! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209746)

The Stolen One 19-06-2013 08:23 PM

Help! A cross stitch question!
 
This seemed like the most appropriate place for this.. basically I need some advice!

Recently started cross stitching and all is going well. I did the main bit (as you do!) but I've reached the point I'm ready to outline my first 'big' pattern but it's left me a bit confused...



As far as I was aware, the do the outline you matched closest 'square corner' to the next and let the line form this way
However, this pattern just cannot seem to work. If you look at the top of the head, or the flower, there are turns needed when not at a corner.. how do I do this?!
Do I try and get through the fabric, or do I do corner to corner and accept it'll be a funky shape?
Obviously lining 'corner to corner' means that it's more a series of straight lines.. which would be long straight lines in this pattern where there is curves.. :crazy:

Does any of this make sense?!
Any help or advice muchly appreciated!

Rodolphus 19-06-2013 08:51 PM

I usually push through the threads in the fabric and make half, quarter or whatever I need to, but you can just try and accept the slightly funky shape too :)

The Stolen One 19-06-2013 08:56 PM

Thank you <3
Wasn't sure if there was something I was just being stupid and missing!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.