RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   update (quetiapine and pregnancy) (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182944)

DannieGirl 15-02-2012 06:19 PM

update (quetiapine and pregnancy)
 
my psych said to stay n 100mg.. so i have done.. keeping me in a regular sleep pattern which is good... just really been struggling with getting out- can't get myself out on my own... even if i need to get some air when i am angry- i try to go out and just burst into tears as i'm too scared... it's stupid!
been feeling low but just been sleeping it off and yer..

planning my wedding which is in 3 months!
got my first scan n the 13th march..
oh and we are moving to our rented house at the beginning of march....
it's all happening!
and i just feel low and anxious so i just sleep =/

i am not going to express how i feel to my midwife as i don't like her and i think she'll just make things bloody difficult... she already seemed rather spooked by my diagnosis on bpd and saw i have a history of sh, anxiety, social anxiety, depression and my history of od-ing... i am having to see a psychiatrist at the hospital i plan to give birth at...desite i have my psychiatrist around where i live who i see every 3 months AND my cpn AND my gp who likes to see me every few weeks...

:indifferent:

88shelz 15-02-2012 09:45 PM

seroquel is what I was meant to be taking during pregnancy (was on it before I found out I was pregnant for three years) but decided against it. I had a horrible time so I do advise you keep taking it as doctor has said and to have regular appointments to discuss your feelings. Hormones go wild when pregnant and anxieties are often heightened. The thing that helped me most was the psychiatric midwife and speaking with my partner. Planning a wedding and housing is stressful also... Have you any ways that you find help you cope better? X

DannieGirl 17-02-2012 07:36 PM

yeah, i've also been on quetiapine for a few years.. ever since i left school... which is why i think it was just too hard to come off...
my midwife is a bit weird... i don't like her much.. she's referred me to see some psychiatrist at the hosp.. though i already see one regually near me.. my cpn is kinda helpful.. and so is my gp.. but for ages they've been saying they can't do much more for me and have just been seeing me now and then, so i'm just at a loose end... just have to put up with it really.

88shelz 17-02-2012 11:13 PM

The psychiatric midwife is worth a try. I thought it was silly seeing one but it was absolutely great for me. She was so different to my normal psych and understood everything about the pregnancy and was great support. It was less formal than I was used to and she even helped me get an induction sorted (I didn't need one in the end) as my anxiety became I controllable.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.