RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   positive (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173593)

dollpart 21-09-2011 11:45 PM

positive
 
After all the **** that i've put myself through lately I realise it has to stop. I am making myself small, achievable tasks I need to fulfill every day I am here in London. I have realised I am not ready to go back to Edinburgh. I need to get well if N and I have a chance and I need to get better for myself or I will never leave this 'place' of despair and self destruction. This week I have been doing a detox diet with my sis- no bread, or dairy, lots of fruit. It may seem silly for someone with eating problems to do this but actually I am eating more than before, I'm not fasting, I feel 'safe' because I know everything I am eating is good for me. I look healthier. I also got my eyebrows threaded- I don't really go in for cosmetic stuff but I felt like a non-drastic change would be good. The detox ends on Friday so my tasks for the week to follow are:

1) Eat properly but in a way and amount that I am comfortable with. Refuse snacks if they will make me guilty but don't deny myself food when I am hungry.

2) drink at least 3 glasses of water a day and one of fruit juice. DO NOT obsessively count the calories in fruit/juice.

3) Exercise. Today I took my little sis to the park for an hour and a bit. It was healthy and fun and made us both smile. I am less anxious here, so I should use that to my advantage.

4) Write something. A Haiku, a poem, a paragraph, even one creative line. But write something.

Mousie 22-09-2011 12:53 AM

you are amazing! This is good. You are inspiring me to try harder for myself. Best wishes! and please let us know how its going!

tifflehan 22-09-2011 07:07 AM

Doll, you are fantastic! xxx

dollpart 26-09-2011 12:56 AM

Decided I want to move to Amsterdam and do a Masters next September. The course looks perfect for my interests. and is a ****load cheaper than any I can do here.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.