RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   couple of questions. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160367)

Emmabob. 15-03-2011 01:38 PM

couple of questions.
 
does anyone feel, wrong, for lack of better words cutting in certain areas?


like i had to cut my left arm, & i have to cut my right leg. anything else seems wrong. like, i cant cut my right arm, cause it feels pure weird, same goes for my left leg. can anyone else relate?


2nd question - does anyone else get really bad moody-mardy-arse-ness when they havent cut in a certain amount of time?

adygriffith 15-03-2011 01:41 PM

i dont do the cutting areas, i stick to both my arms.

I dont get mardy, but i feel very distant from everything and it increases the suicidal thoughts alot more :(
so a mood change is definitely a standard thing
x

JaffaCake. 15-03-2011 02:40 PM

I can't cut my right arm either, it's too weird for me. But my left arm is the only place I cut anyway. But if on the odd occasion I cut my leg, it's my left one again. I don't like hurting my right side for some reason..

Not sure about the second question. I can't say I really noticed.

ashes to ashes 15-03-2011 03:29 PM

i always cut on the left side, mostly because i am right handed. i have cut once on my left side it was too weird.

IdleButDeadly 15-03-2011 09:28 PM

I use to mostly cut on my right arm, because I'm left handed. Eventually I ran out of room and started on the left, so learned how to do that... I ended up doing it on the left the most after that, so when I got my tattoo I put it on that arm as a reminder not to do it.

Now i just do it on my legs. For a while there it was only the left leg, again, ran out of room and have switched to the right. I will only do the inside of my arms/top of my thighs though. I've seen people do their ankles/calves/biceps etc. and to me I can't do that. It wouldn't feel "right"

As for getting moody; I get jittery when I haven't done it in a while. I twitch around like a chihuahua on speed and my mind tends to start to race. It usually gets to a point where it's ALL I can think about, until I do it. And then it's a sense of calm and life is back to "normal".

I hope that isn't too much detail... just trying to answer honestly ;)

marisajade 15-03-2011 09:36 PM

I only cut my left arm. i am right handed so it might have something to do with it. But i have tried and it hurts to much. my left arm has become numb to pain now. i do it all the way around too. top and bottom. Legs just feel wierd for me.

2. I am a very angry and emotional person anyway. but i think it does have an effectl.

Leo Pard 15-03-2011 09:41 PM

1. No
2. Yes.

Lyddie 15-03-2011 09:46 PM

1 - Yes, it doesn't have the same effect if it's not on my upper thighs. Though it can be either leg. Also, I have an issue with not considering it to count as SI if I do it anywhere else, which is really silly I know, but hey that's the way my brain works.

2 - No, I don't notice it affecting me in that way.

Laura2.0 15-03-2011 09:50 PM

I don't cut my left thing. It just feels wrong... I do cut my left ankle though.

I don't know if it has an effect on my mood when I don't cut for more than a few days, because that doesn't happen much.

amyk 17-03-2011 08:27 PM

i can cut anywhere to be honest. i tend to do it on my hips because it is easy to hide. i have done it on my right wrist, left arm and shoulder (although didnt give me satisfaction because shoulder skin is harder to break) left anke, left thigh.
i do tend to get abit touchy when i havnt done it for some days.

lonely_hope 17-03-2011 09:20 PM

I mostly just cut where it's accessible and 'easy' to do it. I'm right handed, so normally where I can reach with that hand. After not cutting for a while, it really starts getting to me. Even if I'm in a good mood, I feel like I have to do it :/

perfecx 18-03-2011 03:29 AM

i couldn't cut my wrist they always just looked to clean to mess up.

- hmm dunno-


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.