RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   feeling numb (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160124)

confusedslut 12-03-2011 06:23 PM

feeling numb
 
do you ever just feel numb? right now im sitting here trying to work out how i feel.
im not happy, im not sad. i feel no emotion.
im simply tired, tired of not feeling anything or feeling too much.
and im scared of when i will all of a sudden get this rush of emotion.
i could either be the happiest girl in the world, or i could be thinking about suicide, then i can change from one to the other in a split second.
i just want to feel normal emotions like everyone else, for once.

-phoenix- 12-03-2011 07:57 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I actually think thats the worst way to feel, for me, anything can happen when I'm numb. And I tend to go to further extremes just to feel. Numb is like no mans land, stuck in the middle of nothing. Sorry, I know I'm not exactly saying anything useful. But you're not alone, and I hope you're ok...xXx

Laura2.0 12-03-2011 08:02 PM

I know the feeling, too.

Sometimes it helps to listen to music, happy music or sad music or whatever else there is. It can help to start feeling again if that makes sense.

I guess everybody is different though

lonely_hope 12-03-2011 08:30 PM

*hugs* I know that feeling... pretty unpleasant :/ It's so weird... I can be so happy one moment, then so depressed the next. Or vice versa. Do you think you could go for a walk or something? Sometimes I find that helps to not feel so numb. Or maybe doing something you enjoy and brings good feelings.

I hope you're doing alright with this... send a PM if you want to talk

*more hugs and love*

Allythisisme 12-03-2011 11:24 PM

You pretty much summed up how i feel, in a twisted way its nice to know im not the only one feeling this. most of the time i feel so apathetic, numb. my friend who knows about my SI asks how i feel and i honestly dont know what to say as i myself have no idea. i no longer have good and bad days but good or bad hours. i wish i could tell you something more helpful, a way of stopping it, but all i can say is that your not alone.

confusedslut 13-03-2011 01:06 PM

even not hearing advice, just knowing im not the only one so i dont feel half as crazy is just as good :) i can go frfom one extreme to the other so quickly it mad.

JaffaCake. 13-03-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by confusedslut (Post 2727460)
do you ever just feel numb?

All the freakin' time.
Half the time, I forget that I even have emotions.
I don't really have much advice but I wanted to let you know you're definitely not alone in this one. I hope you're okay.

Take care,
Em x

Gone. 13-03-2011 11:15 PM

Yes I do. All of the time.
Take care of yourself.

Picturesque 13-03-2011 11:18 PM

That's normal-ish, at least, for SIers. I'm numb constantly (I have been for a few months), and it sucks. Not sure how common it is with depression, but it's a really common thing with SI, from my experiences.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.