RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Self-Harm Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   not sure where to put this (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159455)

Emmabob. 03-03-2011 02:28 PM

not sure where to put this
 
my mum knows about SH after she saw new cuts on my legs, SH is at an all time worse & needing stitches a lot of the time. i asked her about taking me to a&e the other night because it was late-ish & didnt want to sit on my own & shes like its your problem u sort it & nothings being said since. dont really want to bring a&e up with her again, any excuses for going? :blush:

Fleurs du Mal 03-03-2011 03:09 PM

Do you really have to tell her where your going ? Couldn't you just say you're going out & will be back later or something ? If it's any help at all my mum would have exactly the same attitude if she knew that I SH.

Emmabob. 03-03-2011 10:37 PM

she always asks where im going & whatnot >,<

sherlock holmes 03-03-2011 10:44 PM

When I reached the stage of needing A&E multiple times a week, my parents got extremely frustrated and so did my CMHT. It sounded harsh, but they told my parents to pass the responsibility back to me. If I cut, I needed to treat it. If it needed stitches, I needed to get myself to A&E. It helped a lot, actually.

If you couldnt go by yourself could you ask a friend to sit with you? I found that taking a book to A&E was great as I could sit and read for a couple of hours until I was seen. And money for food/drink (although you have to make sure you're allowed to eat incase you need surgery etc).

With regards to your mum, can you just tell her you are going to A&E? She should be reassured that you are getting correct medical treatment for your cuts.

xlaurenx 04-03-2011 12:08 AM

To save my parents worrying early evening well about 8pm rather then telling them i am going to A&E. I told them i was going to cinmeas and not sure what time i will be back. Though the problem was A&E was full i was already waiting an hour when the triage nurse saw me eventhen at 9pm she told me it was a 3 hr wait for the doc. I waited unitl about half 11 and i was getting... worse since my parents expected me home so i ended up getting a taxi home early.. well about midnight, told my parents we missed the first showing so saw the one at 9. Though i did have the A&E laison team ringing me up the next morning.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.