RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Someone dear to me has lost her mum... (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153718)

Zurg 18-12-2010 09:06 PM

Someone dear to me has lost her mum...
 
I'm crying so much right now..... I have a really good friend and we've been friends since kindergarten...... I just went on facebook and i saw that her mum passed away earlier yesterday. She's so young. Younger than me. And it hurts so bad to think of her in so much pain. To think of how alone and hopeless she must feel right now.

I've been close to losing my mum too a couple of times in the past few years.... I know the fear and the desperation.

*cries* My poor, poor friend. I'd give her the world but it won't bring back her mum....... I think i'll just sit and cry for a bit.....

MammaMia 18-12-2010 10:45 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's mum *hugs and hands you lots of tissues*

Laura2.0 19-12-2010 12:35 AM

I'm sorry about your friends mom.
How are you now?
*hugs*

Zurg 20-12-2010 09:14 PM

I'm ok now..... I've spoken to my friend and she seemed ok. Well, as ok as you can be in such circumstances. I have decided i am going to the funeral to show my friend all my support.

Thanks for your replies :)

pea soup 21-12-2010 03:37 AM

really sorry about your friend and how bad you are feeling also.

im not sure if youve been to the funeral yet. it will be hard but worth it to be with your friend and supporting her.

i hope youre ok as you can be.
much love.
xxxxxxxxxx

makedamnsure 23-12-2010 11:08 AM

Hey, I don't know if the funeral has happened yet, but I really hope you do go.

The friends that came to my mums funeral mean the world to me. Even if I don't speak to all of them much anymore, I will still always remember that, and be thankful for it. It was overwhelming and there were a lot of people there that I didn't know so to see a few friendly faces meant everything to me.

There is nothing much you can do. But if you can just go and see your friend and do normal stuff and have a laugh and a cry or whatever.

Zurg 23-12-2010 12:12 PM

I've just come home from the funeral. She was happy that i showed up. I sat right behind her all the way through and she was so brave. I gave her a big hug afterwards and said i'll call her tonight.

I'm glad i went. If it was me i know i'd like to have a friend there. I'll call her throughout christmas to check on her.

It was sad and i cried a bit but i'm still glad i went.....

Casper_Fading 23-12-2010 01:21 PM

Well done for going honey. I'm glad your friend had you there! *big cuddles*

Gone. 23-12-2010 01:29 PM

Glad you were there for your friend. You sound incredibly supportive and she'll be glad of that. I know I would be.
Take care.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.