RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mental Health Discussion and Support (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   BPD HELP!!!! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116079)

welshgal 17-10-2009 05:35 PM

BPD HELP!!!!
 
Hi all,
I am new to RYL i have been diagnosed with BPD and i was going to Dbt therapy. I went to a few sesions of therapy and i hated it so i have told everybody i have given it up. I moved area about 3 weeks ago and i have been given a new CPN i met her for the first time yestarday and we reallt did not get on at all i came home crying my eyes out, i really dont know what to do anymore things have got a lot worse lately. Has anybody evr had DBT??? Did it help???

Hollz 17-10-2009 05:44 PM

Hey there, sorry you aren't feeling so good and getting on with your new cpn, you can ask to see someone else, it might be worthwhile looking into that. I have BPD, but I've not had DBT, I don't think, but if you wanna post on the BPD thread, you might get a better response from someone who has

Anyhow welcome to RYL and your welcome to pm anytime, good luck xxx

lozza 18-10-2009 07:44 AM

I too have not done DBT but am not stranger to BPD :(

welcome to RYL though and yeh like Hollz suggested maybe post in BPD thread in mental health section

thinking of you

Stellata 18-10-2009 08:08 AM

What is it that you find hard about DBT?
What do you struggle most with about living with BPD?
Understanding some more about what's really going on for you can help us help you better.

sherlock holmes 18-10-2009 10:49 AM

I did DBT for six months. It was difficult at first to get my head around it but once I'd grasped it it really helped. You should stick with it.

Siouxsie 18-10-2009 10:55 AM

Welcome =)
I did DBT when I was IP. It was hard work and eventually I quit but I wish I hadn't now, it was really helpful at times.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.