RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
tootsieroll

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - can't stick to stopping

i don't know what to do. i've been cutting on and off for about 7 years now. i'm about to turn 21. i finally stopped cutting about 3 months ago and got through until today when i slipped up.and started all over again about 4 years ago i was diagnosed with depression and with an anti social disorder. when i stop cutting i have such bad problems with sleeping, like i did this time the first 4 weeks i stopped this last time and i just feel so bad i don't want to get up or do anything but i try so hard to push past it and to just keep going hoping that no one realizes that there is something wrong. i can never seem to stick to stopping. i don't know what else to do with myself... i feel like i should go back to the doctors to get help. but i don't like asking for help i really wish i could do it on my own but i haven't been able to. i don't know what to do... i keep telling myself it's all in my mind but that makes me feel like i'm crazy when i'm not.

Love is patient and kind. love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. love does not demand its own way. love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. it is never glad about injustice but rejoicies whenever the truth wins out.
Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive. –Josephine Hart, Damage

tootsieroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #2
Country Girl
~Rach~

I am currently:

For the last year my life has been completely consumed by my cutting. About a month ago something just clicked. I have only cut once since then. However today has been a day where I have thought about doing it more and more. I don't know if I will. I hope I won't. Quitting sucks, it's one of the hardest things we will ever do.

Country Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 01:27 AM   #3
Samelife761
Sarah

I am currently:

If you want to get better you need to ask for help. If you don't want to ask for help find some new coping mechanisms keep trying them until you have found the right one.
Take care

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong".

Samelife761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 01:32 AM   #4
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

Heyya,
Aww I'm sorry you're going through this right now. But dont't worry everyone has slip ups. I think going to the doctors might be a good idea. :] Take care x

<3.

Katiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 04:23 AM   #5
timehealsallwounds

I am currently:

I'm about to turn 22 and I've been cutting myself for the past 8 years. Like you I stopped for 3 months then all of a sudden I have started again and can't stop. I get these urges to cut myself even when there's no reason to...I'm not sure if it's out of habit or if it's for the fact that we feel numb and want to feel something. Atleast that's what seems to be the reason for me when I can't come up with anything better. I just actually made an appointment for a doctor because I know I need to do something. If I don't I think I will be suffering from this problem for the rest of my life because like you I can't seem to stick to stopping.

timehealsallwounds is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)