RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
Misunderstood.
struggling

I am currently:
Positive.

Just recently I've been making a real effort to try and open up about things to my mum and stepdad, I find talking about how I really feel and how things are extremely difficult and since talking to them about it [been showing them my threads] I've felt relieved and it's helped immensely.
I've gotten into quite a rut since moving here a few months ago, not going out much at all. I don't study or work due to my MH either but I've decided it's got to stop and I need to make a concerted effort to make something of life no matter how many times I've been knocked down, I'm now ready get back up and try again. Properly.
On Tuesday I have a psychiatrist appt. and I'm going to take the long post I wrote last night titled 'its long, you don't have to read' and hopefully that will explain how things are as well as my verbal input too. I think he will want to make changes to my medication and I have already decided I will go along with that. Reluctance will get me nowhere, it sure as **** hasn't so far with medication compliance.
Also this week or the next {may wait for medication change to take it's effect for a week or so} I'm going to check out a place in the town centre which has a range of facilities including courses and help getting back into work etc for people who have more trouble than most with kind of thing [i.e are in some way mentally or physically disabled {i hate using this term though}].
It's really hit home recently how I can't just let things drag on whilst gaining no success. Too many people have said I'm wasted in this world and I've gotten to using the term jokingly on myself and an ex CPN of mine whom I had for years often would say I'm not reaching my potential.
Sorry to type so much there but wanted to share this with you.
I'm feeling good that I'm ready to have another good go at things and make something of life. I can but try, I think I feel most depressed when I don't.
ThankYou for reading..

The most profound things are inexpressible.

Misunderstood. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
Akira
fall down 7 times get up 8

I am currently:

Sounds like you really have some focus on what you want to do. Try to keep positive and steady and try not to let the little things get in the way of the big things in life and then I'm sure you can reach your potential.
Good luck with this new chapter in your life.

Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
crazykat
Fight for another day

Its sounds like you are going to be taking some really positive steps. Best of luck with it all

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
Tig

This was a really lovely post to read. I'm so pleased that you are so determined to reach your full potential & to put so much effort in to recovery. It's really great & admirable. I wish you the best of luck honey! x

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)