RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
penny321

Possible eating disorder?

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and wanted some advice on some concerns that I've been having.

I am a 31 year old female. In the past year and a half I lost a lot of weight. I feel that [removed weight] is a healthy weight for me but it is starting to become an obsession. I lost the first amount really fast because I just got my eating together and started biking a lot. The other took a lot longer but as I continue to lose the compliments keep rolling in. EVERYBODY is telling me how good I look and its awesome and I feel good about myself.I like my diet and I eat plenty. I also cheat every once in a while and don't really feel bad about it.

Here's the issue: I've been throwing up a lot lately, but its weird because it doesn't feel intentional. My stomach just always seems to hurt or I feel too full or something. Its happening more than I think is normal and it definitely happens when the food is not adhering to my diet. Its like eating is making me sick. I'm just confused. I like eating and I don't want to throw up but I literally feel sick. Can I have an unintentional eating disorder? Have I let my mind ruin food for me?

Thanks for reading and I hope someone understands this.

Last edited by Tig : 03-08-2014 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Removed numbers and food lists.
penny321 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 03-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Hey,
We can't really say whether you have or have not got an eating disordee however it does sound like a big issue. Do you think you could seek help to keep the food down? As that can lead to a long term problem physically but also mentally as like you said it happens when you feel too full. Do you think you speak to your go?

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Fire Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #3
Too Shy

I am currently:

I think there are definitely warning signs there, and it does sound like seeking some support from your GP would be worthwhile because it's affecting your health in that way.

If you're struggling with feeling ill when you feel full, sometimes it can help to eat smaller but more regular meals throughout the day, would that be worth a try?

Too Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
ApplePear

I have food intolerance for certain types of foods and before I was fully aware of this, eating certain foods in excessive amounts would make me sick, and sometimes I would vomit.

I guess the difference between getting sick and throwing up vs having an ED is if the purging is voluntary or involuntary. I'm not a professional so I'm only guessing.

You mention that you get sick and you throw up. Are you inducing this or does this happen naturally? If it happens naturally, this might be a sign of food intolerance/allergy. If you are inducing vomiting, I'm a little confused because you seem to indicate that you don't really have control over this. Am I reading you wrong, or is there some part of you that want to reject the idea that you are inducing yourself to purge? Is your anxiety over food going so out of control ?

ApplePear is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)