RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
sallysun99

I am currently:
how? help? why?

Yesterday my boyfriend and I were sitting on the couch. I looked in the mirror and I just feel into tears. I completely broke down. and he took a picture on his phone of me later last night and I broke down again. How can I start to feel better about myself? All i see is a monster.

sallysun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 06-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #2
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I can really relate to this lovely, & I'm sorry you're feeling so low - How are you today?

You're certainly not a monster, You're a human, an intelligent, unique person.
When I look in the mirror I find if I focus on something I think is 'OK', be it the way my hair falls that day, the colour of my eyes in the sun, my teeth, my finger nails - anything, & then I force myself to say 'My eyes look nice today.', then leave it at that, it sometimes doing something nice for yourself can be helpful, painting your nails,, putting some eyeshadow on? If you find it difficult to find something nice, maybe ask someone you trust to point something out? (Not your body)

Remember you aren't defined by how you look. Looks are only a tiny part of who we are as people. I'm certain you have many, many amazing qualities.

x x x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)