RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
DarkWhispers123
Whats the point in living? We're all going to die

I am currently:
Question For Self Harmers

I have been self harming for 8 years but have been free for 3months 2 weeks but am curious as I used to occasionally purposely get my pets to scratch and bite me, is that still classed as self harm?

Have you ever sat there and wondered ‘why am I still here? I don’t even want to be here. I haven’t wanted to be here for so long. What’s keeping me here?’ And then you realize the answer is nothing. And that scares you even more than the fact that you don’t want to be here anymore.

DarkWhispers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Cryptic.
If at first you don't succeed, try try try again.

I am currently:

It can be viewed as self harm if you purposely do something to be harmed, not necessarily by yourself but by others, so yeah, perhaps.

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

Cryptic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
Celticroots

I am currently:

If you were doing it with the intention of being hurt, I'd class that as self-injury.

Celticroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 02:58 AM   #4
DarkWhispers123

I am currently:

Yes I was doing it with the intention of being hurt. thanks for answering, others feel free to voice your opinions.

Have you ever sat there and wondered ‘why am I still here? I don’t even want to be here. I haven’t wanted to be here for so long. What’s keeping me here?’ And then you realize the answer is nothing. And that scares you even more than the fact that you don’t want to be here anymore.

Old 26-11-2013, 03:49 AM   #5
littlemonster11

I am currently:

I've done that before and yes, I would call it self injury.

Success is not final.
Failure is not fatal.
It is the courage to continue that counts.
-Winston Churchill

littlemonster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 05:12 AM   #6
LizzieRose
♥ Beloved Lunatic ♫

I am currently:

I have done it as well with full intention to self-harm, so it counts to me.

Major Depression | Asperger's Syndrome | Anxiety NOS | Hints of OCD

Close your eyes. Don't you cry. Love's around you. In time, you'll fly. Don't you worry about the dark. I will light up the night with the love in my heart. I will burn like the sun that will keep you safe and warm. Like the smell of a rose on a summer's day, I will be there to take all your fears away. With the touch of my hand, I will turn your life to GOLD!

LizzieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

I think it's a tricky one! Depends if getting hurt is your sole intention. If I tickle my cat's tummy, he kind of play-fights for a bit and it's actually quite affectionate (or as affectionate as a grumpy cat gets!), but you do get scratched a bit, and as I'm allergic to cats, they can sting a fair bit. In my case, I'd only count it as self harm if I didn't pull my arm away once he started properly biting, as before that, I count it as play.

I hope that makes sense!

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
Lone Star
Lone Star

I personally think that's a blurred line... If you have your pet trained to hurt you if you do something specific to them or in other words if you piss them off to where they bite you or scratch you in self defense, then yes that's self harm since you're purposely make your pets harm you.

If you're playing with them, or your intentions start out good but it gets to that level, I wouldn't specifically consider it "self harm"

Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #9
The Queen of Peace
Always does her best to please.

I am currently:

I'd call that deliberate self harm. You do it with the intention of getting hurt; I can't see how it's any different to cutting really. *hugs*

For you to be here now trillions of drifting atoms had somehow to assemble in an intricate and intriguingly obliging manner to create you. It's an arrangement so specialized and particular that it has never been tried before and will only exist this once. That is of course the miracle of life.
-Bill Bryson

Don't ever frown because you never know who's falling in love with your smile.

The Queen of Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #10
~*~Unbreakable~*~
It's a complicated life

I am currently:

Yes I think it's self-harm even though you are not actually doing it yourself your purposely doing something to get hurt.
Are you hurting your pets or are you just pissing them off because if your hurting them that is another thing that you shouldn't be doing.

"There's a part of me I can't get back
A little girl grew up too fast
All it took was once; I'll never be the same
Now I'm taking back my life today
Nothing left that you can say
Cause you were never gonna take the blame anyway"

LOVE=LOVE NO MATTER WHAT

~*~Unbreakable~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #11
DarkWhispers123

I am currently:

I do not hurt my pets all I tend to do is lift my cat up in the air so that he scratches my wrists with his back legs. The reason I do it is because I am crap at lying to my mum so doing it gives me a reason not to lie to my mum eg "have you cut yourself again Samantha?" "No mum the cat scratched me."

Old 02-12-2013, 06:10 AM   #12
JuliaSunshine

I am currently:

I think there are a lot of lies we tell ourselves about what classifies as self-harm and what doesn't. I like to pretend that as long as it doesn't leave marks or leaves a mark that don't look like it's self-inflicted, it doesn't count as self-harm. In reality, if we're asking if it classifies as self-harm, I think it tends to be because we know we're doing something we shouldn't be. (I've had my friends cat intentionally scratch me before)

JuliaSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #13
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

From what you said in your last post I'd count that as self harm. It can be a blurred line but as your doing it only to hurt yourself and this be able to lie to your mum id say your intention was to self harm.

That's long and rambly!

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)