RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
muzzii
(They/he)

I am currently:
Vegetarian.

So most of my life I've been an 'on off' vegetarian but the most recent time was purely for ED reasons, the is a absolutely no ethical reason for it, just because it means I can be a bit more picky with what I eat and I won't look so strange. Idk, just wondering if anyone els can relate or if anyone went back to eating meat for recovery how did that go?

muzzii is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 25-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
weightless
why cant we speak another language?

I am currently:

i was born into a veggie family anyway, so that was easy for me. but i'd say, if you think it will trigger your ed and you want to recover, go back to eating meat.

"they think we're in heaven but we're living in hell"

weightless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
mmmMinty...
lololololol

I am currently:

Yeah, I'm a veggie solely for ED reasons though I don't like to admit it. But then again eating meat doesn't really change things much.
I think if you feel it would help your recovery, and being vegi is a trigger for you, then eating meat is the best policy.
*hugs* x

"That is why, for Christ's sake,
I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships,
in persecutions, in difficulties.
For when I am weak, then I am strong"
(2 Corinthians 12:13)

Together We Are Strong <3

mmmMinty... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
muzzii
(They/he)

I am currently:

Thanks for the replies. <3 I pretty sure that being veggie is a pretty big trigger for me, but I don't know if I can eat meat, I just can't see myself eating meat.. and keeping in down..

Old 26-07-2010, 06:35 AM   #5
weightless
why cant we speak another language?

I am currently:

you can do it *hugs* we all have one thing that is gonna be particularly hard for us whenn we try and recover, but you can do it <3

"they think we're in heaven but we're living in hell"

weightless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
La Lune

I am currently:

I became veggie at a very early age, for eithcal reasons, although looking back now i can remember having very bad body image then too. When i was about 17/18 i became vegan, again for ethical reasons. I was very active in the animal rights movement. But not long after becoming vegan my ED took a stronger grip than it ever had done before. I don't think i consciously chose to become vegan to facilitate my ED, but i think it was very convenient for it. When i went IP i wasn't allowed a vegan diet. We had a few compromises like soya milk, yoghurts and ice cream, but everything else had to be veggie. I found this very distressing because i do hold my ethical values very close. I never had to go back to eating meat though.

If your reasons for being veggie are for ED reasons, then i would think that recovery would only be possible if you went back to eating meat, because otherwise you would still be abiding by your ED rules.

Recovery is made up of baby steps, just try little challenges at a time.

Take care :)

La Lune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 12:00 AM   #7
muzzii
(They/he)

I am currently:

Thank you both. <3

I realise that it's going to be something that I'll have to tackle in the future, I think I'll keep focusing on eating a more healthy vegetarian diet and then hopefully one I've got that sorted I can try and introduce meat slowly.. maybe start with fish or something... I don't know, right now eating meat just seems so so out of the question, like I feel wrong to be even considering starting to eat it again..

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)