RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-01-2020, 08:21 PM   #1
FJSaturn

I am currently:
Eating Disorder Treatment Hampshire

Hi all

I have been on and off this site for several years and have mostly ghosted but need some information fairly quickly if you guys can help!

I have been urgently referred for anorexia treatment in Hampshire and can't find much information online. I have been given the name April House but can't find out if there's inpatient etc. facilities - there seems to be daypatient but I apparently there's also a ward? Has anyone had any experience of inpatient or any eating disorder services in Hampshire?

Thanks very much

FJSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:01 AM   #2
Auror.
Camden

I am afraid I don't live in your country so am not familiar with it. The ed board is particularly slow these days, but I wish you all the best. Can you contact the ward yourself to ask questions, or ask for a tour before you would have to be admitted? If not, can you give your list of questions to one of your treatment providers to see if they know or can help find out some information? It's really hard to make a decision about going to treatment when there is so much uncertainty involved, so wanting information on what to expect is definitely reasonable.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:41 PM   #3
Eater of Purple People

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJSaturn View Post
Hi all

I have been on and off this site for several years and have mostly ghosted but need some information fairly quickly if you guys can help!

I have been urgently referred for anorexia treatment in Hampshire and can't find much information online. I have been given the name April House but can't find out if there's inpatient etc. facilities - there seems to be daypatient but I apparently there's also a ward? Has anyone had any experience of inpatient or any eating disorder services in Hampshire?

Thanks very much
Hampshire does not have an adult inpatient eating disorder ward but there is a day patient service at April House. Otherwise people can be referred to inpatient beds wherever there is one available. Young people can be treated for an eating disorder at Leigh House.

Eater of Purple People is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)