Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 25-12-2020, 06:37 PM   #81
nonperson

I am currently:

Thanks. =)

I just can't seem to sustain it though which is annoying.

nonperson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2020, 06:40 PM   #82
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

Do you think it's something that if you got it caught up it might be easier? Or do you know what's stopping you from making it sustainable? I feel like I have asked this before so I apologise for not remembering if you already answered.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2020, 06:54 PM   #83
nonperson

I am currently:

You probably have asked before and I also apologise for not remembering my answer or your advice!

I do sometimes get it all clean then it just builds up again and then it becomes a mammoth task so I then ignore it for longer because it's too much to deal with until it really is becoming a health hazard.

Just need to keep it clean and remind myself that tidying up little and often is the best way to keep on track.

Old 25-12-2020, 07:31 PM   #84
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

I'm glad neither of us remember! Hmm. Would it help you to make a sign to put up as a reminder? Or a sticker chart for if you do some each day with rewards?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 25-12-2020, 07:48 PM   #85
nonperson

I am currently:

I don't think a reward or sticker chart would help. I just need to do it as soon as I get home or straight after I use stuff.

Old 25-12-2020, 07:54 PM   #86
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

That's fair! Would setting a reminder on your phone help?

Old 25-12-2020, 10:30 PM   #87
nonperson

I am currently:

Nah I think I'd ignore it. To be honest I think having this thread is useful as a sort of push/reminder... or at least helps towards some accountability.

I give everyone permission to nag me here if you wish. =)

Old 26-12-2020, 01:28 AM   #88
Unbreakable.

I just want to say I can totally relate to being stuck in that cycle of "It's just a few dishes that don't need doing urgently" to "it's so many dishes it'a overwhelming"
so annoying

and well done for continuing to try and work on it

You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve
And I have always buried them deep beneath the ground

I've been playing with a heart like a violin

Is your blood too thick to fill my heart?

Unbreakable. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2020, 02:26 PM   #89
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I have been going to bed earlier than normal since Christmas eve. Only an hour earlier so it's 2 am rather than 3 am but still it's better than nothing. I am managing to brush my teeth at least once a day. However I have the problem of sustaining it long term.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

Please do not pm me without asking first as l find getting PMs very stressful.

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2020, 04:16 PM   #90
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Sorry, i just wanted to make sure that people knew what mediation software that I use and just clarifying it doesn't do anything major to my brain. It is pretty safe.
it's just i get a lot of dm's about saying it's gonna damage my my brain, its gonna lead me places I don't want. I'm better off downloading Calm

Anyway, still little progress drinking more water, although it's habitual most of the time when I am a bad place or working a bit too much I barely sip a glassful.
and this year I have decided I need to get fitter so that is the plan to exercise more regularly as i haven't moved from the house weeks on end.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2020, 08:55 PM   #91
Auror.
Aurors for the win.

nonperson, how are those dishes coming? (hopefully gentle nagging)

Lana, how are you doing?

Dawn, progress is progress! I struggle with going to bed early too, so I can understand how difficult it is. Also well done on keeping up with the teeth brushing! What do you think might help to make the things more sustainable longer term?

Old 27-12-2020, 09:13 PM   #92
nonperson

I am currently:

Done some more today, not entirely cleared it all yet but making progress. Thanks for the nagging =)

Old 27-12-2020, 11:18 PM   #93
Unbreakable.

Good job Dawn!

And well done, nonperson!
(Is there a name you go by on here or should I just use your username?)

Old 27-12-2020, 11:20 PM   #94
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Keep up the good progress everyone, you are fantastically well.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

Old 27-12-2020, 11:32 PM   #95
nonperson

I am currently:

Thanks. =)

(I don't use my name publicly on here. Most people shorten me to NP which is fine)

Old 28-12-2020, 07:17 AM   #96
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant.

I am currently:

*also relates to the dishes thing*
I hope it's not too overwhelming.
Dawn (is that right/OK?) going to bed earlier is definitely an achievement, as is the teeth brushing.

My journal has been restarted, I'm managing something resembling housework most days.

My newest goal is to make my bed every day so I spend less time in it! I'm at home literally all the time (like many people) right now so I need to make a reason to not be in bed.

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

Elmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2020, 07:29 AM   #97
Unbreakable.

I'm gonna be super unhelpful and say there's no good reasons to leave your bed anyway

Old 28-12-2020, 08:27 AM   #98
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant.

I am currently:

Thanks Lana!

*stays in bed*

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

Elmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2020, 12:16 PM   #99
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Elmer it's fine to call me Dawn. Thanks everyone else for your kind words.

Camden atm I am at my parents house where there are fewer distractions to stop me from forming good habits. Once I get back to my flat it may be a different story because of more distractions if that makes sense. Also there's naff all on the telly late at night atm whereas normally there's something decent on tv during normal times. So that's why I have trouble with getting to bed earlier than 3 am. But when I go to my flat permanently I am going to try.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 28-12-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

Please do not pm me without asking first as l find getting PMs very stressful.

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2020, 12:19 PM   #100
yoyogirl

I am currently:

I actually prefer to wake up later in the morning than stay in bed for long periods. It was hard enough when I confined to bed for safety reasons at the hospital for dizziness. I like to get up, get dressed even if I haven’t got much to that day, but I do tend to go to bed really late most nights but so long as the sleep is around 8hrs it’s all fine.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)