RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-06-2022, 06:11 PM   #1
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:
Does it get better?

This is the third time I've tried starting a thread. Let's see.

I don't know how to explain without going into a very boring, rambling, in depth analysis of the last three years. I will try to keep it concise.

Basically, I've been working in therapy for nearly two years to get myself together and begin pursuing a meaningful life. Life appears to have other plans. Is this just how life is for everyone? Every time I take a step forwards it feels like something enormous and earth shattering happens. Family deaths and injuries, estrangements, harassment, seriously ill pets, physical health issues. It never ends. Maybe I'm only looking at the negatives, but it feels like every good thing that happens, I am only able to do or make happen after intensive therapeutic work, or huge academic effort. On the other hand, the shit just rains down at random, frequent intervals.

I guess what I'm asking is - is this it? Is it likely to get better? How do I go about making it better? Please can I have a break?

Yes, that was self indulgent. No, I don't care. My cat's in vet hospital and my world feels like it's ending again.

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Jenna was here :P

Elmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2022, 09:28 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

<3

I think sporadic shit-rain is a common feature of life in general but I do admit that you seem to get the worst luck with it and that is so unfair considering how much you already deal with and how hard you've worked.

None of the hard-work you've done has been in vain though. If you hadn't worked so hard in therapy and treatment, you would still be having all the rubbish you're experiencing now but with srs bsns ED issues on top of it all (that's if you'd even be alive at all which isn't super-likely). And there'd still be lots of horrible things happening now if you hadn't worked hard on your university module, but you'd also be lacking the direction and future prospects on top of the horribleness.

I hope that makes sense =/

I have hope that for you things will get better. I think there'll always be things that go wrong but very likely not with the frequency and magnitude as they do currently.

I don't think your post was self-indulgent at all btw.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2022, 06:56 AM   #3
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

Thanks Jenna. That does make sense.

I’m glad it’s not this unrelenting normally, I know that a certain level of horrible is inevitable, but I’d really like some good luck!

Currently going to pick up the cat in hospital and then taking both cats to the normal vet. Keeping it together for now.

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Old 20-06-2022, 05:59 PM   #4
Auror.
Camden

A bit unsure what to say but really really hoping your cats are okay <3

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2022, 08:41 PM   #5
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

Thanks Camden <3 one of them is better, he just had something stuck in his throat. The other is spending the night in the vets again but it's looking more hopeful, they have a diagnosis and he's eating again.

Feeling slightly less sorry for myself today, and just focusing on getting through as things happen.

Old 20-06-2022, 11:55 PM   #6
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Don’t really know what to say either but I hope the cats continue to get better and you’re ok <3

The Worst Witch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2022, 02:20 AM   #7
Auror.
Camden

It's always a huge stressor when a family member is ill. And your cats are family members. Be kind to yourself, and hopefully the one can be back home soon. So glad that there was some good news today!

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 21-06-2022, 09:00 AM   #8
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

Thanks guys <3 I really appreciate it. Waiting on a phone call from the vet - I haven't heard anything since last night which I am taking as a hopeful sign? I hope he's feeling better and can come home, the house isn't right without him.

Old 21-06-2022, 11:37 AM   #9
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

He's home. He went straight for his food bowl. Keeping him in and spoiling him for now, hoping this continues when his injections all wear off, but apart from the fact he absolutely reeks, he seems a happy boy.

There's a niggling feeling in the back of my head that I'm celebrating prematurely, but I'm just so grateful he's home and eating and drinking and being his affectionate self.

Old 21-06-2022, 04:04 PM   #10
Auror.
Camden

That is very much worth celebrating! YAY!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)