RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Old 20-01-2021, 11:08 PM   #1
CatFairy

I am currently:
things I wish people know about self-injury

so I was talking to my DBT therapist, you know doing therapy. as you do. and I was talking about when I SI its usually in the bathroom. she was like "that makes sense, especially when there are razors around"

I was seriously annoyed and frustrated! like just because I self injure doesn't mean I use a razor! I find it extremally frustrating when people just assume I cut and that I use a razor to do so. please stop getting your reference from TV shows and movie's, seriously.

it also got me thinking about all the things that people then about self-injury. as a voluntary youth worker, I was told I needed to take a brake, coincidently after people found out about my SI. like I was a danger to everyone.

back when I was younger my mum hid all the knifes in the kitchen, it lasted a week though. she got fed up of having to supervise me making my food :)

I just needed to rant to people who would understand. how do you deal with these situations? I try to take a deep breath and explain how they are wrong or just angrily keep my mouth shut.

3 Hugs Given By :
Old 21-01-2021, 02:09 AM   #2
Astrov

I am currently:

-----

Last edited by Astrov : 06-04-2021 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Don't want this info public
Old 06-02-2021, 01:46 AM   #3
Celticroots

I am currently:

I just don't bother with them anymore. What really gets me is when people think self harm is just cutting. -_- I bruise myself.

Old 19-06-2021, 05:50 PM   #4
Koala hugs

I am currently:

I find it frustrating too i wish people understood better

Old 19-06-2021, 06:02 PM   #5
Koala hugs

I am currently:

I wish people knew how costly it is how challenging how its such a love hate thing how even in recovery u miss it like hell how ur torn between doin it or not how hard it is to stop how jus coz u have stopped doesnt mean ur over it u still think about it daily and get. Urges alot how people still stare in the street openly even after scars have faded etc how much it takes from u how lonely it can make u feel how sad u feel how much u miss it all that how even the little things add up to make this multi faceted beast we all fight n wrestle with just to stay alive how much fighting is exhausting how u wanna give up give in how hard we all try just to survive

Old 29-06-2021, 09:17 PM   #6
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Closing due to age. CatFairy feel free to message any time if you would like this thread reopening.

No other sadness in the world would do

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)