RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 28-08-2021, 10:54 AM   #1
[Luna]

The Uni Student Support and Reunion Thread

I know a lot of people are studying and/or will be starting studying in September so I thought this may be a good thread to have for them to recieve support and chat with others in a similar position.

I also had the idea of having a little bit of a 'Uni student thead' reunion as it used to be a really active thread and I, for one, am very interested to hear how everyone is getting on now!

So, enjoy and say hello or just tell me this is a dumb idea. Either/or.

<3

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 28-08-2021, 10:57 AM   #2
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Hi!
Brilliant idea!

I'm starting with the OU again in October.
Switched from health sciences to psychology

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2021, 10:59 AM   #3
[Luna]

That's exciting Beckie, how are you feeling about going back to OU? I enjoyed my psychology modules!

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

Old 28-08-2021, 11:04 AM   #4
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I feel pretty good about it!
I did some psychology modules with health sciences and did pretty well with them!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 28-08-2021, 11:12 AM   #5
[Luna]

That's good! I really hope it goes well and she enjoy it.
I wonder if they'll do any face to face tutorials ;)

- T.S. Elliot

Old 28-08-2021, 11:57 AM   #6
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

Hello! I am also starting psychology with the OU in October.

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Jenna was here :P

Elmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2021, 12:12 PM   #7
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Thanks Luna!

Haha! I will forever remember that 'tutorial'

Yay Lio!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 28-08-2021, 02:20 PM   #8
[Luna]

That’s awesome Lio, how are you feeling about it? Have you studied with the OU before?

- T.S. Elliot

Old 28-08-2021, 03:47 PM   #9
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Hello!

I'm technically only a student until the end of October, but I'm so close to giving up I thought this thread might be helpful for a month and a bit lol.

Studying nursery teaching - currently on placement with 3-5 year olds, enjoying it but it's hard doing it in bubbles (although there are advantages). Shattered all the time, fed up of having to use my weekends for working instead of hanging out with my flatmate/friends. There just isn't enough hours in the day lol

Last edited by The Worst Witch : 28-08-2021 at 04:01 PM.
The Worst Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2021, 04:05 PM   #10
[Luna]

That sounds really intense! Feel free to offload here when you need, I’m sure a lot of people are able to relate x

- T.S. Elliot

Old 28-08-2021, 06:07 PM   #11
FlyingPeanuts
Hang On to Your IQ

I am currently:

i'm heading back to university next month to (hopefully) actually finish my performing arts degree.

a heart that hurts
is a heart that works.

FlyingPeanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2021, 06:43 PM   #12
Auror.
Camden

We started up again this past week here! I'm in my second year doing a master's degree in geology. :)

Good luck to everyone, whether that's finishing up or just starting out!

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2021, 07:31 PM   #13
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

How are you finding being back, Camden? I hope you’re getting on ok.

Good luck everyone! You’re all gonna need it haha

Old 28-08-2021, 07:56 PM   #14
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Luna] View Post
That’s awesome Lio, how are you feeling about it? Have you studied with the OU before?
I’m excited! I did my maths degree with the OU but I was so sedated and mental I don’t remember any of it.
So I’m excited to do a degree I might remember :P

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Jenna was here :P

Elmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2021, 08:31 PM   #15
Auror.
Camden

It's been really stressful tbh Alison. I'm expected to start doing stuff in person soon too and not really okay with it even though I understand why it is necessary. It doesn't help that all the campus parking passes entirely sold out before I could get one.

Are you all doing things entirely online or will there be irl things?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 29-08-2021, 01:18 PM   #16
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

Everything is back to irl things here, I'm glad. I missed being out on placement last year, it was almost impossible to do stuff theoretically on imaginary children. Its much easier irl, especially since they're still in bubbles (less fights!)

I could do with some cheerleading guys. Now I've finished my graded unit, all I have to do are like little bits and pieces that won't take long, but I can't motivate myself to do them. I'm trying to tell myself that if I can do an 8,000 word research paper, I can do smaller essays and stuff but my brain is done. I need to email 2 of my tutors too to find out exactly how much/what I need to do and I'm putting that off, should have done that as soon as we went back. I don't know why, but the smaller bits are the hardest to do.

Old 29-08-2021, 07:38 PM   #17
Auror.
Camden

Small stuff can often just seem really overwhelming to me too. It sounds like maybe the easiest thing to do would be to email your tutors and see what they say? I'm happy to read over emails for you before you send if that would help?

Old 01-09-2021, 07:18 PM   #18
Auror.
Camden

How is everyone else doing?

I've managed to finally do a little bit of coursework. And good news, I decided to check the parking website, and they put some parking passes back up for sale so I was able to get one for the garage closest to the building I need to be in!

Old 01-09-2021, 08:44 PM   #19
Iamcatbug
Cat

I picked my modules today. Managed to get my first choice modules too!

We are doing a mixture of face to face and online learning depending on class sizes.

And we don't talk about the essay I've been ranting about on my RV... still a lot to sort out with that.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:13 PM   #20
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I'm also managing to do a bit of coursework since I came up with a plan with submission dates, but today its proving hard. I said I'd get my pioneers essay in by 5pm on Friday, but I don't see that happening. WIll just have to try my best.

Well done Camden! Glad you managed to get parking permit. Parking at our campus is so expensive without one.

Iamcatbug - I hope you manage to sort out the essay we're not talking about, and glad you got all your first choices.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)