RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 01-11-2020, 03:52 PM   #1
yoyogirl

I am currently:
h2o. (mentions crisis)

Hiya All

A few months ago i was in big crisis with my mental health after it was announced that there would be a lockdown (the one that lasted six months) and one of things that crept up was my lack of drinking fluids, both at home and inpatient and resulted in longer stay the assessment ward (mental health) and general ward (for physical) in those both occassions, but thing is i had no ideaa what was happening to me at the time i was conpletely out of it for week on both occasions (stressed induced psychosis)

I am trying my hardest now to drink more water, but mentally and physically finding it difficult and i was wondering if there any kind of disorder where people don't drink fluids in the same way as AN etc.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:58 PM   #2
Auror.
Camden

as far as i'm aware, the restrictive side of eds also includes fluid restriction, not just food restriction, and is also fairly common.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 01:40 AM   #3
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

Best to ask a doctor.

Most people struggle with drinking enough water though, I think.
So it's not necessarily a disorder.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:39 AM   #4
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Food I am the reverse and obv on waistline but in terms on drinking fluids I barely touch a few ups

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:21 PM   #5
Auror.
Camden

I don't understand your response at all. But it does sound like if it's reached the point of needing medical attention previously, as Lana said, you should probably follow up with a medical provider about it.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 07:29 PM   #6
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

I used to be bad at drinking enough and I can't remember if it was to avoid going to the toilet or just to be a troll but I think a sticker chart was involved, with the title "hydration is for heroes" to get me drinking more.

Maybe you could experiment with different (non-caffeinated) drinks to see if that gets you more enthusiastic about drinking more. For example, there are so many different flavours of squash to try!

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:48 AM   #7
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

A lot of companies are doing limited edition soft drinks because of Christmas. Maybe you could try them? Or if you're want to create an Christmas atmosphere a bit early and you normally have relatives who are driving round maybe you could challenge yourself to find an non alcoholic cocktail for them? Then you can say "hey Uncle Bob I tried this cocktail and found it was very sour. I know you like sour cocktails so it's ideal for you". That way you're increasing your liquid intake and have an purpose for trying different things. Idk how useful this is but it's the first thing I thought of.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:27 PM   #8
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Thank you so muc, my CPN is aware of my lack of water snd other fluids, she sees as a noticeable sign that I am deteriorating.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)