RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-01-2021, 07:52 AM   #1
me100

I am currently:
Why

So I recovered from ED and depression and now after one self harm free year I started cutting again some weeks ago. I used to think that the reason why I used to self harm were the depression. Now I feel guilty because I don't have a real reason to self harm. Nothing bad happened to me. I have everything I need and there is no reason to feel bad for myself. I feel like I've let my therapist and my boyfriend down.
Am I the only one who feels guilty for self harming because they seem to have and had everything they needed in life and nothing real bad ever happened to them?

me100 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 10-01-2021, 10:37 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

I think it's completely understandable to resort to an old coping mechanism, even if you don't feel you are actually depressed at the moment. Was there any trigger for starting to self-harm again?

You don't need to feel guilty. Everyone's experience of the world is different and everyone is affected differently by things. Just because some people have had a worse life than you doesn't mean that you're not allowed to find some things difficult too.

Have you spoken to your therapist and boyfriend about the fact that you've slipped up? I hope they have/will reassure you that you haven't let them down.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)